AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2013-02-03, 07:08   Link #281
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduccio View Post
I don't know a lot about AKB48 but from what I read it probably makes a lot of its money from the most obsessive kind of fans who don't like idols that aren't "pure".
It's messed up but this obsession is also what drives them to spend a lot of money on AKB48 products.
Management wants to protect their profits and maybe redeem that girl in the eyes of her fans.
The only message here is that if you want to make money by pretending to be a "pure idol" you should at least allow the fans the illusion that you are. Otherwise you're gonna have to be good enough to attract mostly normal fans who don't care about what you do in your personal time.
Referring to the part that I put in bold.
I don't have much knowledge on the idol business, but I suspect that's what's exactly happening here.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 09:29   Link #282
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
This. It ain't Minegishi's fault if she found herself a man while the other girls don't know how to find their own.

[...]

Looks to me that it's OK to keep that "image" so those fans, mostly lonely men, can keep on jerking off all day long instead of going out there finding themselves girls of their own.
Generalization is bad, period.

It's not like the other girls don't know how to find a man, most likely they made the decision to follow the rules of the management. Just like not every fan of AKB is a lonely wanker.

Now whether those rules make sense or not is a completely different story. In my eyes the whole idol system in Japan (and maybe other asia as well but I don't really know about idols outside of Japan and Korea) is very ancient. While I'm not expecting them to conform to the US model which is quite dumb in its own way but a more liberal approach not only in the idol business but Japan in general certainly wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Hell, we are in the 21st Century and yet this was almost as bad as anything seen in the hardcore Muslim Middle-East.
Are you really comparing shaving your head to middle-east? Really?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 07:43   Link #283
sa547
*Author

Tonight is Sayaka Nakaya's final performance at the theater. Thereafter she'll pursue a new career as a full-time voice actress.

New personal blog:
http://nakaya1015.exblog.jp/

Last 4 G+ entries as AKB member:
https://plus.google.com/117151902078...ts/G74UDcKmeSm
https://plus.google.com/117151902078...ts/87xhM5NRNfP
https://plus.google.com/117151902078...ts/cNzZAvXLUC1
https://plus.google.com/117151902078...ts/B1P2fSQgyMv

Quote:
Nakaya Sayaka ameblo March 2nd, 2013
2013-03-02 21:00:03
Graduation Announcement

I already had the privilege of announcing this at today 3/2’s theater show, but

I, Nakaya Sayaka, will graduate from AKB48 at the Theater show on 3/6.

For announcing it so abruptly, I’m really sorry.

I’ve thought about graduation ever since I ranked in the general election…no, even before then.

But being able to work with other members is really fun. Being able to see everyone’s smiling faces made me happy.

Honestly I’ve been really spoiled by the environment.

However, finally an event came across that made up my resolution. A voice audition for an anime I love. It will soon begin.

There truly isn’t a guarantee of passing the audition.

But, I really want to do it so. I will throw away this environment I’ve been blessed with up until now.

Furthermore, not just AKB but I’m also leaving the agency I’m attached to, Mousa.
I made the decision because the voice audition has a rule that says you can not be attached to an production.

Really this is a start from zero.

But because of the the things that have come along up until now, I think I’ll be able to persevere

From now on as well, please support Nakaya Sayaka.

Nakaya Sayaka

——————————————————-

not my translation, credit to Raiden @Stage48

Last edited by sa547; 2013-03-06 at 08:44.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 21:57   Link #284
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Thanks for the photo...
I've been following her G+ since her debut in Moshidora.
Hope i'll see her name soon on ending credit.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 03:56   Link #285
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Thanks for the photo...
I've been following her G+ since her debut in Moshidora.
Hope i'll see her name soon on ending credit.
Don't forget to pick up the OST for Chitose Loves You!; it shows her potential to voice and even sing as a younger character.

---------
Update: just as I'm from dinner comes this:

Quote:
SKE48'S Hata Sawako announced her graduation from SKE just now, during Team KII's stage.
https://twitter.com/Bilingual48/stat...29275412262913
She'll graduate later this month, and by the next, she'll enroll at a seiyuu school.

Last edited by sa547; 2013-03-07 at 07:36.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 07:53   Link #286
Noiek17

Until now I still can't believe that Sasshi beat Yuko and Mayuyu.

MAYUYUUUU!!!! o(╥﹏╥)o
Old 2013-06-13, 17:01   Link #287
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Out of interest, has AKB48 done something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjXXSsVNncQ
Old 2013-06-15, 12:09   Link #288
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiek17 View Post
Until now I still can't believe that Sasshi beat Yuko and Mayuyu.

MAYUYUUUU!!!! o(╥﹏╥)o
Could be backlash from the fans over the "pushes" by management. (and maybe other things I don't know or care about)

In other observations: Future Girls can also be called Generation 7 with sister groups. 5 of the 6(7) Gen 7 members are in the bottom group this time. Both sad and interesting.

Interesting that #64 got almost 2x what last year's #64 got in votes.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:59   Link #289
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
The rationale that more units sold = more people willing to spend money on that person = more popular is over-simplified, but unfortunately it's about the only metric we have to work with in the entertainment industry, and it's no different for seiyuu. Mizuki Nana's undisputed popularity in the industry is based preciously on her personal CD income, the scale of her lives etc, otherwise, she doesn't actually do a lot of voice work for anime, usually only having one or two roles per season. If you use the number of anime characters per season/number of anime radio shows as a gauge for popularity, then compared to someone like HanaKana and Sawashiro Miyuki which could easily have 6 roles (and main characters too), Mizuki Nana would be highly unpopular, but then you'll be hard press to argue that point, unless you can prove that with shows that feature more voice-acting focused seiyuu can consistently boost income for an anime (eg no matter how crap the show is, the fans will buy a show based on their favourite seiyuu), similar to how Hollywood gauge their actors, then you may have an argument. Otherwise personal CD income = popularity, cynical but just the way the world works.

EDIT: Below is CD single sales ranking for 2012~2013 (up till May 2013) thus far for female seiyuu:
女性声優最新シングル累計

102,924 2012/08 水樹奈々 (Mizuki Nana)   BRIGHT STREAM
*22,631 2012/07 堀江由衣 (Horie Yui)    夏の約束
*22,492 2013/04 田村ゆかり (Tamura Yukari) Fantastic future 
*17,822 2013/02 井口裕香 (Iguchi Yuka)   Shining Star-☆-LOVE Letter
*16,830 2012/07 小倉唯  (Ogura Yui)   Raise
*16,091 2012/07 坂本真綾 (Sakamoto Maaya)  モアザンワーズ
*15,518 2012/10 戸松遥  (Tomatsu Haruka)   Q&A リサイタル!
*15,119 2013/01 花澤香菜 (Hanazawa Kana)   Silent Snow
*14,746 2012/08 StylipS   Choose meダーリン
*12,155 2013/05 スフィア (Sphere)  GENESIS ARIA
*12,111 2013/04 三森すずこ (Mimori Suzuko) 会いたいよ...会いたいよ!☆
*11,581 2012/12 豊崎愛生  (Toyosaki Aki) オリオンとスパンコール
*10,870 2013/01 竹達彩奈  (Taketatsu Ayana) 時空ツアーズ
*10,147 2013/01 中島愛   (Nakajima Megumi) そんなこと裏のまた裏話でしょ?
**9,173 2013/04 茅原実里  (Chihara Minori) この世界は僕らを待っていた
**9,086 2013/04 上坂すみれ (Uesaka Sumire)  七つの海よりキミの海
**8,481 2013/01 喜多村英梨 (Kitamura Eri)  Miracle Gliders
**7,915 2012/04 寿美菜子  (Kotobuki Minako) ココロスカイ
**5,267 2012/06 高垣彩陽  (Takagaki Ayahi) 月のなみだ
**4,560 2013/04 栗林みな実 (Kuribayashi Minami) ZERO!!
**3,585 2013/02 平野綾  (Hirano Aya) TOxxxIC

It's actually not too bad of a reflection of popularity as you pretty much see all the current "hot properties" reflected in the ranking, even if you adjust for some of those names on the list with their abilities to actually sing.....
I have never been a big fan of theirs, but in this day and age for Japan of very low birth rates, a rapidly aging population and a shrinking one at that, and an overall decline in CD sales, I have to pay respect to the phenomenal success in Japan of the idol group AKB48: "AKB48's "Sayonara Crawl" Sells 1,763,000 Copies In First Week, Beats Ayumi Hamasaki Sales Record."

Those are a lot of CDs.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:58   Link #290
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
I have never been a big fan of theirs, but in this day and age for Japan of very low birth rates, a rapidly aging population and a shrinking one at that, and an overall decline in CD sales, I have to pay respect to the phenomenal success in Japan of the idol group AKB48: "AKB48's "Sayonara Crawl" Sells 1,763,000 Copies In First Week, Beats Ayumi Hamasaki Sales Record."

Those are a lot of CDs.
AKB otakus don't buy AKB48 for the CDs but for the event tickets inside them. The fact that the population is aging with declining marriage rates is actually an advantage which they played to the sales tactic very well because it means there're a lot of single guys with disposable income whom are very willing to spend it on their own hobbies.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 00:00   Link #291
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
AKB otakus don't buy AKB48 for the CDs but for the event tickets inside them. The fact that the population is aging with declining marriage rates is actually an advantage which they played to the sales tactic very well because it means there're a lot of single guys with disposable income whom are very willing to spend it on their own hobbies.
Whatever the reason, that's still a lot
Old 2013-07-14, 00:55   Link #292
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Whatever the reason, that's still a lot
Also not healthy for the industry and the environment (I'm serious about this latter point). You can read reports in Japan how the second hand shops now all refuses to buy back AKB48 CDs because the AKB48 otaku used to buy tens if not hundreds of the CDs then takes out the tickets inside the CD and sells the CD back to the shop. Every time a new AKB48 CD is released you see people post pictures of the stacks of the CDs they buy and the receipt which shows them spending a few hundred thousand yen on the stack. Good for a quick laugh, but the underlying implication of the supposed "boom and popularity" of AKB48 is worrying when viewed from the industry as a whole.

As for the latter point, the most ridiculous stories I've seen are multiple pictures of different boxes of AKB48 CD left in the open with a sign "free - please take" on it. That's just such a waste of resources.
Old 2013-07-14, 12:48   Link #293
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Also not healthy for the industry and the environment (I'm serious about this latter point). You can read reports in Japan how the second hand shops now all refuses to buy back AKB48 CDs because the AKB48 otaku used to buy tens if not hundreds of the CDs then takes out the tickets inside the CD and sells the CD back to the shop. Every time a new AKB48 CD is released you see people post pictures of the stacks of the CDs they buy and the receipt which shows them spending a few hundred thousand yen on the stack. Good for a quick laugh, but the underlying implication of the supposed "boom and popularity" of AKB48 is worrying when viewed from the industry as a whole.

As for the latter point, the most ridiculous stories I've seen are multiple pictures of different boxes of AKB48 CD left in the open with a sign "free - please take" on it. That's just such a waste of resources.
You write your opinions and hearsay all the time - and you're entitlet to them - yet one usually doesn't see any sources to back up what you write.

Cite more than your own anecdotal evidence.

Not saying that you don't have them, but...

Why don't you write an article about "the supposed 'boom and popularity' of AKB48," back it up with sources and documentation, post it on your website, blog, this forum, or elsewhere, give links to it, and we'll take a look.

P.S. I'm no fan of AKB48 - in fact, I mostly don't care for their music, but I don't dislike the girls personally nor do I slime them and anyone else with hearsay personal attacks (like someone else posting on this thread) - so if you can write a well sourced article on them, then do it.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-07-14 at 13:19.
Old 2013-07-14, 16:44   Link #294
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^What they do aren't criminal, or illegal, or even immoral.
But their exploitation of consumerism and destructiveness to music industry, while trying to present themselves as victim of criticism, IS appalling.

When one of them said "why can't I be treated normal!" I sighed and thought to myself "I dunno, at the point you CHARGE PEOPLE MONEY to shake your dirty little hand, you gave up your 'normal girl card' "
Old 2013-07-14, 18:00   Link #295
GundamZZ
残念美人

Is it AKB48 thread? The only relevance that I could come up....was one retired singer said she was going to become a voice actress.

Many voice actresses are aspired singers, but only few make the moderate success in the niche market. The veteran voice actors/actresses either retired or became the supporting casts.

I remember Nana Mizuki break a record. Anime music is the underdog in JPN music industry. They hardly make it on the J-Pop chart. The sale of Nan Mizuki's record made to the number one spot once.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 20:54   Link #296
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
You write your opinions and hearsay all the time - and you're entitlet to them - yet one usually doesn't see any sources to back up what you write.

Cite more than your own anecdotal evidence.

Not saying that you don't have them, but...

Why don't you write an article about "the supposed 'boom and popularity' of AKB48," back it up with sources and documentation, post it on your website, blog, this forum, or elsewhere, give links to it, and we'll take a look.

P.S. I'm no fan of AKB48 - in fact, I mostly don't care for their music, but I don't dislike the girls personally nor do I slime them and anyone else with hearsay personal attacks (like someone else posting on this thread) - so if you can write a well sourced article on them, then do it.
It's kinda ironic that while the majority of this thread is about people speculating whether there are any haters of Mizuki Nana or other seiyuu based on very tiny bits of relatively unreliable information such as 2ch hate threads, you completely derails the topic to AKB48 and their sales number, which thankfully(?) actually has way more evidence of their questionable sales tactics reported not by BBS like 2ch but by actual publications and TV stations, and then accuse me of hearsay. I'm also not happy that you are accusing me of personal attacks on AKB48 (which I never did, I'm merely pointing out they are involved in questionable marketing tactics in which they exploiting otakus which are pre-dominately single 30s male with disposable income which is well reported by mainstream media, which by all accounts should be blamed on their management, so I'm not attacking any members of AKB48 at all), so I'm going to post some links about this here to show what I say is actually based on evidence. And I'm going to expect some sort of apology from you. (I'm kidding, it's good to be skeptical and demand proof, but do watch your tone when you do so as a friendly advice).

An AKB48 otaku buying nearly 2million yen worth of CDs for this year's voting.

A collection of photos and articles of people buying boxes of CDs, second hand CD shops reselling the bought back CDs at 50yen per disk on the very day of release, CDs thrown out like rubbish.

More people posting pictures of them with boxes of CDs, numbers going well into the thousands

Opinion piece by lawyers discussing the marketing tactics of AKB48 is now just shy of breaking the Japanese anti-trust laws.

The result of this new tactic is because they had been accused of breaking the anti-trust law in 2008, which called for the cancelling of an "event" which requires otakus to buy many CDs in order to collect 44(!) different types of posters of the members, and if you managed to collect all 44 you get invited to another special event.

Another otaku claiming to buy thousands of CD, this time even goes on TV

AKB48 otakus resorting to Yahoo auctions to sell the unwanted CDs after taking out the voting tickets, only that they couldn't even sell them for 1 yen, or another auction which sold 65 CDs at 1 yen!

Nikkei Business does a piece questioning the real selling power of AKB48, based preciously on the irregular second-hand CD market of AKB48 CDs

Research done on AKB48 otaku on how many CDs do they buy, the average turns out to be 8.4 CD per person. Considering that anime otakus used to talk about buying 3 and many would lightly laugh at that for being excessive, this puts into question of what in the world would get people to buy 8 of the same CD and for what purpose.

2ch thread talking about Akiba Bookoff refusing to buy back AKB48 CDs

A collection of photos with AKB otaku showing off their stacks of voting tickets (which comes with the CDs, so work backwards on how many CDs these otaku must buy to get that many tickets), including some foreigners participating

One of the longest running manga in Japan famous for its satirical take on current affairs - Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo - satires AKB48 marketing tactic, especially poking fun at how these high school age girls are made to project a very hard working image in order to climb the ladder of the idol world to win sympathy from men

A research on how despite the huge sales of AKB48 CDs, their songs are surprisingly not reflected on ringtone sales rankings but are outsold by supposedly less selling artist songs, nor are the songs reflected in the popularity ranking in karaoke shops. Leading to the logical conclusion that people may not actually be listening to their songs but are buying their CDs for some other purpose (hint: voting and handshake tickets).

Entertainment piece on that there's a taboo in the entertainment industry for directly criticizing the marketing tactic of AKB48 because a talent had criticized AKB48 publically on his radio show, only to have backtracked to say he didn't, leading to many speculating that he was faced with "certain pressure" which asked him to STFU.

More handshake tickets (1000/400/350, the 1000 ticket is worth 1.6 million yen and ), with confirmed ticket count. The 1000 ticket apparently bought by just one high school girl (WTH do they get the money?).

This is just some quick research which I'm doing during break at work. I'll add more as time allows.

EDIT: I think that's enough evidence to show this is nothing to do with my personal anedoctal or hearsay evidence because there's plenty of formal and informal articles regarding AKB48, their marketing tactics, and otakus buying CDs for voting/handshake tickets in Japan. I guess some fault lies in me because it is such a commonly discussed and well known topic in Japanese circles and my RL friends that I just come to assume people knows this by default.

If you look at all these reports, one can't help but questions whether the marketing method of AKB48 is actually healthy to the music industry or not. The wasting of CDs is certainly not healthy for the environment.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-07-15 at 05:41.
Old 2013-07-15, 17:02   Link #297
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
It's kinda ironic that while the majority of this thread is about people speculating whether there are any haters of Mizuki Nana or other seiyuu based on very tiny bits of relatively unreliable information such as 2ch hate threads, you completely derails the topic to AKB48 and their sales number, which thankfully(?) actually has way more evidence of their questionable sales tactics reported not by BBS like 2ch but by actual publications and TV stations, and then accuse me of hearsay. I'm also not happy that you are accusing me of personal attacks on AKB48 (which I never did, I'm merely pointing out they are involved in questionable marketing tactics in which they exploiting otakus which are pre-dominately single 30s male with disposable income which is well reported by mainstream media, which by all accounts should be blamed on their management, so I'm not attacking any members of AKB48 at all), so I'm going to post some links about this here to show what I say is actually based on evidence. And I'm going to expect some sort of apology from you. (I'm kidding, it's good to be skeptical and demand proof, but do watch your tone when you do so as a friendly advice).

An AKB48 otaku buying nearly 2million yen worth of CDs for this year's voting.

A collection of photos and articles of people buying boxes of CDs, second hand CD shops reselling the bought back CDs at 50yen per disk on the very day of release, CDs thrown out like rubbish.

More people posting pictures of them with boxes of CDs, numbers going well into the thousands

Opinion piece by lawyers discussing the marketing tactics of AKB48 is now just shy of breaking the Japanese anti-trust laws.

The result of this new tactic is because they had been accused of breaking the anti-trust law in 2008, which called for the cancelling of an "event" which requires otakus to buy many CDs in order to collect 44(!) different types of posters of the members, and if you managed to collect all 44 you get invited to another special event.

Another otaku claiming to buy thousands of CD, this time even goes on TV

AKB48 otakus resorting to Yahoo auctions to sell the unwanted CDs after taking out the voting tickets, only that they couldn't even sell them for 1 yen, or another auction which sold 65 CDs at 1 yen!

Nikkei Business does a piece questioning the real selling power of AKB48, based preciously on the irregular second-hand CD market of AKB48 CDs

Research done on AKB48 otaku on how many CDs do they buy, the average turns out to be 8.4 CD per person. Considering that anime otakus used to talk about buying 3 and many would lightly laugh at that for being excessive, this puts into question of what in the world would get people to buy 8 of the same CD and for what purpose.

2ch thread talking about Akiba Bookoff refusing to buy back AKB48 CDs

A collection of photos with AKB otaku showing off their stacks of voting tickets (which comes with the CDs, so work backwards on how many CDs these otaku must buy to get that many tickets), including some foreigners participating

One of the longest running manga in Japan famous for its satirical take on current affairs - Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo - satires AKB48 marketing tactic, especially poking fun at how these high school age girls are made to project a very hard working image in order to climb the ladder of the idol world to win sympathy from men

A research on how despite the huge sales of AKB48 CDs, their songs are surprisingly not reflected on ringtone sales rankings but are outsold by supposedly less selling artist songs, nor are the songs reflected in the popularity ranking in karaoke shops. Leading to the logical conclusion that people may not actually be listening to their songs but are buying their CDs for some other purpose (hint: voting and handshake tickets).

Entertainment piece on that there's a taboo in the entertainment industry for directly criticizing the marketing tactic of AKB48 because a talent had criticized AKB48 publically on his radio show, only to have backtracked to say he didn't, leading to many speculating that he was faced with "certain pressure" which asked him to STFU.

More handshake tickets (1000/400/350, the 1000 ticket is worth 1.6 million yen and ), with confirmed ticket count. The 1000 ticket apparently bought by just one high school girl (WTH do they get the money?).

This is just some quick research which I'm doing during break at work. I'll add more as time allows.

EDIT: I think that's enough evidence to show this is nothing to do with my personal anedoctal or hearsay evidence because there's plenty of formal and informal articles regarding AKB48, their marketing tactics, and otakus buying CDs for voting/handshake tickets in Japan. I guess some fault lies in me because it is such a commonly discussed and well known topic in Japanese circles and my RL friends that I just come to assume people knows this by default.

If you look at all these reports, one can't help but questions whether the marketing method of AKB48 is actually healthy to the music industry or not. The wasting of CDs is certainly not healthy for the environment.
I'm guessing you won't been writing any articles soon on AKB48 and "exposing the truth" to a wider audience in English about them, using your real name, after all.

I do searches on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., all the time and I don't usually finds links to your websites, blogs, etc., unless I put "houkoholic" in the search, so it probably would be a waste of resources with you writing articles on them.

But that shouldn't stop you.

I just pointing out that that what the top selling seiyuu sell in music in Japan still greatly trails top selling acts like AKB48, regardless of "questionable business practices."

And I see AKB48 covered everywhere, for better or for worse, in American mainstream media like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Atlantic.

I don't see any Japanese seiyuu getting that sorta coverage - which virtually amounts to nothing - in U.S. mainstream media.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-07-15 at 17:33.
Old 2013-07-15, 17:42   Link #298
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I'm guessing you won't been writing any articles soon on AKB48 and "exposing the truth" to a wider audience in English about them, using your real name, after all.

I do searches on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., all the time and I don't usually finds links to your websites, blogs, etc., unless I put "houkoholic" in the search, so it probably would be a waste of resources with you writing articles on them.

But that shouldn't stop you.

I just pointing out that that what the top selling seiyuu sell in music in Japan still greatly trails top selling acts like AKB48, regardless of "questionable business practices."

And I see AKB48 covered everywhere, for better or for worse, in American mainstream media like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Atlantic.

I don't see any Japanese seiyuu getting that sorta coverage - which virtually amounts to nothing - in U.S. mainstream media.
I have no idea what are you trying to point. Of course seiyuu's won't get such coverage, because seiyuu's don't tend to bring up so much money and at the same time the controversy how the japanese industry keeps marketing such stuff and how people keep buying this.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 17:53   Link #299
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I have no idea what are you trying to point. Of course seiyuu's won't get such coverage, because seiyuu's don't tend to bring up so much money and at the same time the controversy how the japanese industry keeps marketing such stuff and how people keep buying this.
Well, you and houkoholic should get together and write articles to expose the truth on " how the japanese industry keeps marketing such stuff and how people keep buying this."

Dozens of people may read them.

How can an industry force someone to buy something? Are they sticking a gun to the heads of hundreds of thousands, over a million, people in Japan to buy this stuff?
Old 2013-07-15, 17:57   Link #300
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Cool story....so?

If anything, AKB's producers should start shitting their pants if their sales drop below seiyuu singers, given how large their marketing engine is.