AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-05, 09:23   Link #4501
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I wonder; will the revelation of the last goddess's identity affect Chihiro vs Ayumi in any way?
Old 2011-11-05, 16:15   Link #4502
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Let's have a poll, what would make ISML worse for you this year?
Old 2011-11-05, 16:28   Link #4503
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The Ano Hana one is actually the hardest for me.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-05, 16:31   Link #4504
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Worse? Why?
Old 2011-11-05, 16:34   Link #4505
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Oh... what would make ISML worse?

Hmm... nothing really.

Edit: If the final has less than 1000 votes.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-05, 16:37   Link #4506
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archonwing
Edit: If the final has less than 1000 votes.
I dunno man, fewer votes means less China. And less China means better results.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:40   Link #4507
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would still keep us over 2,000 votes even with China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong removed.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:46   Link #4508
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I dunno man, fewer votes means less China. And less China means better results.
What? So the world should only follow your own opinion? Or the opinion of America? Typical freaking American...this is "International" Saimoe Tournament last I check. Why single out China? It was never the case that win China = win match anyway (Hack, look at Mio v. Hina, Mio wins China & US and still lose...)

Of course, you are probably those people that complain about how Japanese exclude non-Japanese from AST and let it rot.
Old 2011-11-05, 17:21   Link #4509
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Because I don't like China. Those freaking Chinese!
Old 2011-11-05, 17:23   Link #4510
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Because I don't like China. Those freaking Chinese!
Aww, someone hates me. It's not my fault my ancestors come from a place with questionable taste in moe.

Oh well, it goes with my title.

I still <3 Fate though.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-05, 17:45   Link #4511
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Don't worry, China hates Demi too.
Old 2011-11-05, 18:16   Link #4512
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

They hate each other too.
Old 2011-11-05, 18:17   Link #4513
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Don't worry, China hates Demi too.
Depends on whether he's joking or not. I know I am...

If not, oh well, just another ugly American, nothing that surprised me anyway, nor there's anything that will change his (or her) opinion either.
Old 2011-11-05, 18:43   Link #4514
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think it is more a case of Chinese (China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong) dominating the voting pool in Demi's eye. Between those three locations they control a fair percentage of the total vote currently. Certainly more than the United States and South Korea (which I believe are the other two large contributors of votes at the moment). That and while the United States seems to have a more diverse pattern to its voting (a lot of 50-50 sort of votes) the three Chinas tend to vote block much more heavily within their own borders (more 67-33 type votes). But the catch is that Taiwan and China do not always see eye to eye, so sometimes they counter each other out. Korea shifts around a bit as well, but they aren't as divided as the Americans tend to be, so they can shift the vote one way other the other heavily at times. (North Korea, as for as I know, can do nothing).

Demi doesn't like the radical shift in the voting habits in ISML since the Chinas came in large numbers to overwhelm the previous years voting patterns. Mainly because it was an overwhelming shift...in some areas of the anime world. (pre-China Nanoha and Fate were hot items...now with China voting them usually down, they are barely to not holding on at all.)

At the start the major voting section was the United States...and at least the last graph I saw (which was quite some time ago) the United States was the largest voting pool. But I've heard that China overtook that, and Taiwan also may have overtook that as well...so you have two Chinas at something like 15-20% of the vote (each) and the United State at around 15% of the vote. Korea I think was 10% Hong Kong was 8% or something. Russia was 7% maybe...it has been a while since I looked a that pie chart. Nor do I think the one I saw is accurate anymore.

So with the Chinese maybe holding over a third of the total vote count (possibly almost half of the vote count)....Demi is wary of them.
Old 2011-11-05, 18:52   Link #4515
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I think ISML will get worse if the people who vote "Oh this girl is in the most popular anime in this season" amount grows to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I think it is more a case of Chinese (China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong) dominating the voting pool in Demi's eye. Between those three locations they control a fair percentage of the total vote currently. Certainly more than the United States and South Korea (which I believe are the other two large contributors of votes at the moment). That and while the United States seems to have a more diverse pattern to its voting (a lot of 50-50 sort of votes) the three Chinas tend to vote block much more heavily within their own borders (more 67-33 type votes). But the catch is that Taiwan and China do not always see eye to eye, so sometimes they counter each other out. Korea shifts around a bit as well, but they aren't as divided as the Americans tend to be, so they can shift the vote one way other the other heavily at times. (North Korea, as for as I know, can do nothing).

Demi doesn't like the radical shift in the voting habits in ISML since the Chinas came in large numbers to overwhelm the previous years voting patterns. Mainly because it was an overwhelming shift...in some areas of the anime world. (pre-China Nanoha and Fate were hot items...now with China voting them usually down, they are barely to not holding on at all.)

At the start the major voting section was the United States...and at least the last graph I saw (which was quite some time ago) the United States was the largest voting pool. But I've heard that China overtook that, and Taiwan also may have overtook that as well...so you have two Chinas at something like 15-20% of the vote (each) and the United State at around 15% of the vote. Korea I think was 10% Hong Kong was 8% or something. Russia was 7% maybe...it has been a while since I looked a that pie chart. Nor do I think the one I saw is accurate anymore.

So with the Chinese maybe holding over a third of the total vote count (possibly almost half of the vote count)....Demi is wary of them.
I believe that is very true since I highly doubt Demi would hate China because Chinese people are voting
Old 2011-11-05, 19:01   Link #4516
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Depends on whether he's joking or not. I know I am...

If not, oh well, just another ugly American, nothing that surprised me anyway, nor there's anything that will change his (or her) opinion either.
LOL fight racism with racism, that's going to win you an award.

And Ithekro is right. Putting their massive numbers aside, they ruin moe tournaments. They overwhelm you with their massive numbers, and if that doesn't cut it -- they'll cheat. They already ruined their own moe contest with cheating, they tried to ruin Saimoe's contest with cheating, and they've ruined ISML's contest with cheating in the past. I was part of the ISML staff at one point.

+I saw that Chinese video of the lil kid who was run over by a vehicle....TWICE....And 30 passerby's later, not a single person had the decency to help the poor kid,(they were on foot, too) or at least call for help. Until finally, one good Samaritan drags her to the side of the road, and searches for her parents. Only to be shunned by everyone she asks, as they simply don't care about anyone but themselves.

Much love, Ichuki. <3

Last edited by Demi.; 2011-11-05 at 20:08.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:15   Link #4517
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
LOL fight racism with racism, that's going to win you an award.
So you admit that you are a racist? Oh my goodness.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:17   Link #4518
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Sometimes I wonder if this ion475 guy is actually uis.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:18   Link #4519
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Would that be racist or nationalist?
Old 2011-11-05, 19:23   Link #4520
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
So you admit that you are a racist? Oh my goodness.
I've no clue what's wrong with him either. Probably too much SanCom or Faux News or something like that. Too bad, unlike those Chinese Commies paid posters (I'm not one of them), he doesn't get 5 cents every time he posts anything anti-China.

Quote:
The only thing I'll say is, if HK truly hold 8% of all the votes, it's scary. I mean, the total population of HK is 7 million, not really THAT many people (in a relative sense...)

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if this ion475 guy is actually uis.
I don't even know who uis is up until you mentioned him (or her), then have to look at his/her profile, and still have no clue who he/she is...

Last edited by ion475; 2011-11-05 at 19:33.
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament