AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-24, 02:12   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Maybe that's part of the "wish fulfillment"?
Old 2015-10-24, 03:53   Link #42
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Maybe that's part of the "wish fulfillment"?
No.... just no... I hope you're not serious! The only part of the wish fulfillment involve her
Spoiler for fanfic, also vaguely implying future events:

The source is the
Spoiler for Link to source which contains spoilers:
Admittedly, the wiki could have been wrong. TBH, I thought she might have been in her 20s myself.
Old 2015-10-24, 12:24   Link #43
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
No.... just no... I hope you're not serious! The only part of the wish fulfillment involve her
Spoiler for fanfic, also vaguely implying future events:

The source is the
Spoiler for Link to source which contains spoilers:
Admittedly, the wiki could have been wrong. TBH, I thought she might have been in her 20s myself.
I'm thinking they might tie Noriko in with the young girl Itami met in the anime opening episode: that Norko would be that girl's mother. If not, it would be an interesting side plot for a fan fic.
Old 2015-11-18, 10:54   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's two great crossover fanfic i read.

Heroes of the Gate. A crossover with Company of Heroes.

Gate: And Thus the Federation Fought There Too! A Gate fanfic set in the Gundam UC universe.
Old 2016-01-26, 08:08   Link #45
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just a heads up to inform you guys that i have just created a TVTropes page for Gate fanfics over here.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanficRecs/Gate

If you got a Gate fanfic you like, just add it to the page.
Old 2016-01-28, 21:31   Link #46
Poodicus
The One and Only

How do you add? Because I have And so the Soviets Conquered to add, because I think its an excellent fic. :>
Old 2016-02-15, 10:28   Link #47
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Presenting, another fanfic idea I will probably never finish, as a oneshot I wrote for the hell of it:

A Gate/Hai to Gensou no Grimgar crossover:
Preview (or really more likely oneshot) chapter: Deus ex Machina
Spoiler for Fic preview chapter/oneshot:

If I will continue the fic, the Grimgar cast will end up joining a JSDF reserve unit in Ortana (or however you spell it) similar to the reserve MPs in at Alnus. Eventually, I might have them regain their memories, but not before spending enough time in the unit to be chosen as part of the first unit issues the Howa Type 21 Special Region Service Rifle, a single shot 7.62mm bolt-action rifle intended for use by Special Region local reservists, which may appear in other fics (the Grimgar cast will also still have their magic and medieval weapons as well, don't worry). Not really sure beyond that, except for somehow shoehorning in Yume using a C-4 tipped arrow and Chihoro discovering she's actually a very good shot with a rifle.

Also, in case it isn't obvious, I'm assuming that the world of Grimgar is NOT a video game. I might have Itami make a comment about how, "if people abducted here, maybe in the past, a video game designer ended up here and somehow made it back to create a game based on it.

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2016-02-15 at 10:53.
Old 2016-02-16, 16:11   Link #48
Brother Coa
Banned

You know what would be great? If someone writes GATE x 40k fic.

Spoiler for Fanfic preview:

Now that story would be awesome to read.
Old 2016-02-21, 04:11   Link #49
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Actually there is a Warhammer 40k x Gate fanfic called Gate: Thus the Hammer Fell.

Be warned since the fic is rather depressing since some characters from Gate are killed.
Old 2016-02-22, 16:46   Link #50
TheRealWinston

Well, since Itami and his "party" killed the fiire dragon, the dark elves and the JSDF have a good relationship. So far that the dark elves help the JSDF on missions. At least in the manga.
Well a fanfiction about some kind of dark elves mercenary group, formed by the JSDF sounds awesome.

Anyway, for a crossover, I have Berserk in my mind.
Old 2016-02-22, 18:24   Link #51
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually there is a Warhammer 40k x Gate fanfic called Gate: Thus the Hammer Fell.

Be warned since the fic is rather depressing since some characters from Gate are killed.
I'm not surprised. The entire WH40K Universe is excessively depressing.
Old 2016-02-22, 22:47   Link #52
Brother Coa
Banned

'At this moment, the Death Korps of Krieg have arrived.'

Yup, their entire planet is dead as they are facing the most grimdark of Imperial Guard. Plus for empire the opponent is even more deadly as they can just use stars to determine planet position inside galaxy and just call Imperial Navy for areal support.
Old 2016-02-24, 00:15   Link #53
hchop

Here's an idea, it may seem a cliche, but what if other nations get involved with Japan inside the gate? Some of them want to take over, others believe they should introduce technology, science, and abolition of slavery, and say when it is revealed Zorzal had taken slaves, the other nations don't take it lightly and they do worse. Tyruule would get what she wanted, the American and British forces justify their actions denouncing the prince and the empire as savages, but they end up doing worse when they bomb the areas and kill multiple innocents, Tyruule realizes she had opened a Pandora's box, as the modern technological forces just colonize and make it their goal to civilize this world.

Worse case scenario, some corrupt politician from the US, China or Europe steal a magic artifact to become powerful and seek conquest in both worlds.
Old 2016-02-24, 08:12   Link #54
eisai_haramasukoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchop View Post
Tyruule realizes she had opened a Pandora's box, as the modern technological forces just colonize and make it their goal to civilize this world.

That clip looks VERY familiar.
Old 2016-02-24, 11:09   Link #55
Brother Coa
Banned

@Hchop - go to page 2 and see my post. There is already an idea like that.
Old 2016-05-07, 06:42   Link #56
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

More on my Gate/Grimgar crossover from a while back, in the event I ever write it.

Presenting my latest project:

A Gate to Ash and Illusions (working title)

Yes, that's right, Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There meets Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. First an formost, obviously, this fic will be based on the interpretation that Grimgar is NOT a video game, in spite of the similarities, and any MMORPG-like features are artifacts of magic or the seemingly cult-like behavior of most of the guilds (so it would not be too unusual for them to have rules like "wizards can't wear armor or wield melee weapons"). Also, in Grimgar, there exist real-world problems ranging from having to lug around assault ladders during a siege (in the LN) and dying of blood loss, suggesting it is a real place.

Plot synopsis:

The implication is that it starts off like Gate- a portal from Grimgar to Japan appears, bunch of orcs etc. come out, only to get curb stomped by the JSDF, who counter invade. It will be assumed that this portal (obviously) works differently than how Haru and the rest were summoned, and does not erase the memories of the traveler.

But as the story mostly follows Haru, his first meeting with the JSDF is sudden, taking place immediately after he avenges Manato and gets the dagger back. Essentially, they get surrounded by a bunch of orcs in Damoru, only for the JSDF (specifically Itami and the Third Recon Team) show up to shoot their way out of the problem.

From there, it's I intend to have Haru's party somehow decide to remain in Grimgar even after regaining their memories (most likely by the simplest would be for it to turn out that, by the time the JSDF invades, they are over 18 and thus have the agency to make such a decision).

Eventually, they are recruited into a new project which involves training former militia who served in Grimgar to act as auxiliaries for the JSDF, equipped with bolt-action rifles (I was thinking a modified Howa M1500 rifle, as it is already mass produced in Japan, chambered for 7.62mm, and has a detachable magazine), as well as their old weapons.

Notes: As magic exists in Grimgar, as well as some larger creatures which could presumably soak up multiple bullets before going down, it will not be as much of a curb stomp as seen in Gate. The JSDF will have an advantage, sure, but staying true to the Grimgar theme, the main characters will still sometimes get ambushed in places like dense forests, the inside of castles or ruins or caves where the JSDF tanks and air support are useless, and both auxiliaries (i.e. Haru's party members) and JSDF regulars WILL die.

Also expect (if I ever complete this) some changes in the Grimgar characters resultant from regaining their memories, as well as their interactions with the JSDF, including Shihoru discovering a talent for marksmanship and becoming more confident, and Ranta regaining his memories and becoming horribly embarrassed by his "chuuni" antics (though he is still a cocky, kill-crazy bastard who starts to get along with with Gate's resident crazy bitch, Sgt. Shino Kuribayashi.

Also, in addition to slaying monsters, expect some tensions between the JSDF and the human locals of Grimgar- the guilds won't take kindly to some new force coming in, providing an alternative source of combat training, and undermining their power over the Grimgarese militia. Also, expect tensions and potentially conflict with the human kingdoms as well. Not to mention, I don't think the Japanese government will be too pleased about a Ortana's habit of summoning Japanese teenagers to another world to use as militia!

Previews

Notes: The JSDF refer to Grimgar as the "Special Region", as they do the fantasy world of Gate.

Spoiler for First Encounter with the JSDF:

Spoiler for Cyrene Mine Recon Mission: Stealth Compromised:

Spoiler for Seige of Capomorti Fortress (from the Grimgar LN). It goes very different when the JSDF get involved.:
Old 2016-05-08, 06:40   Link #57
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What if the gate at Ginza is the gateway to Hell?
Old 2016-05-08, 15:59   Link #58
Brother Coa
Banned

We get Japanese version of DOOM.
Old 2016-06-12, 07:04   Link #59
Banichi

Not sure whether my question should be here, or in the Rory Mercury thread, but here goes.

I'm working on a fanfic concerning Rory, and her beginning. And was wondering if there was already any material out there concerning her origin story, and how she came to get her axe. I've seen the anime, and read the manga, and there doesn't seem to be much info in those, except hints. I haven't read any of the light novel though, so I might be missing something there.

I think I read somewhere that the axe was made by a dwarf demigod, but haven't found anything about how she got it. And while I like the scene I have written in which she picks up the axe for the first time, I want to keep within the established story as much as possible, so any hints or leads will be very much appreciated.
Old 2016-06-12, 09:26   Link #60
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

GATE: Civil War

Takes place after the anime. Major countries began pressuring Japan to stop restricting access to the gate. Then a major incident happed on the Gate world that involved certain major powers. Factions began to form and take sides, a powder keg waiting to explode...
Closed Thread