AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 45 33.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-01, 16:50   Link #141
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
For those that didn't get it, the final assertion in the ending is that:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

I suspect this is a not-so-subtle tie-in to the current otaku/neet culture in Japan, and the assumption that otaku are unable to function in society, when the exact opposite is actually true.
The problem being that, while it comes from a good intention ("don't let other suffocate what you are"), it's goes way too far in the other extreme, and try to pass off something that is, frankly, a serious medical condition, as a commendable goal to achieve.

That's most of my problem with the ending of this show (the rest being the forced drama, but then most of the over-the-top drama comes precisely from it, so it's more or less the same source). Maybe it's due to the japanese cultural norm that put so much emphasis on "doing what others expect" instead of "doing what you want" that they felt the need to go heavy-handed on it : but from my point of view it felt like glorifying behaviours that are not only selfish, childish and irresponsible, but in the end just as self-destructive than external oppression.
After all, the only thing that anyone asked Rikka to do was simply to not live in a world of her own and pay attention to people outside her navel. But somehow, not acting completely insane seems to mean "crush her imagination, her dreams and everything that is her under the boot of society", which doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Akka; 2013-01-01 at 17:02.
Old 2013-01-06, 09:25   Link #142
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the final episode today. Can't help but get teary eyed on some parts.

Satisfied with the ending. There's closure on Rikka's issue with her dad, and Rikka is back to being herself again.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:52   Link #143
Kyuu
=^^=

Everything all wrapped up -- and everything is made to connect back to the start of the series -- showing why things were they way they were. That, folks, is how you make an ending.

Though, having all the other characters involved in the ending -- that kinda made things cluttered up. At the same time, they gotta be involved somehow... I suppose.
Old 2013-06-08, 11:10   Link #144
Pengu

Just felt really nice finding the female lead wonderful til the end.
Old 2013-10-01, 03:06   Link #145
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After a long time of holding off this series, I've finally managed to pick this up, and I was really taken by the issues covered by the series, including Shinka's and the narrator's thoughts about chuunibyou — which actually lives in all of us, just manifesting in a vast variety of ways. I'm no immune to the chuunibyou, and I still keep it close to me, because I feel like throwing it away is like throwing out a big part of myself (which Rikka has implied during the time she takes out her chuuni stuff in preparation for her mother's moving into her house).

The series has a strong sense of closure, but I'm really okay for a second season.

And now, off to picking up Chuu2Lite and Rikka-Kai!

9/10, series #181 GET!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-10-01, 06:13   Link #146
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And now, off to picking up Chuu2Lite and Rikka-Kai!
There's also an OVA of episode 13 you may want to peruse.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Closed Thread