AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-07-13, 19:42   Link #2321
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Messi save Argentina in the first three matches, but after that he disappear, about his perfomance with Barca this year they said it was so that he will be at 100% in the world cup, but it seem that wasn't the reason, I think maybe he is having a lot of personal problems right now.
That's what I heard too. Everyone was saying the same thing about him getting ready for the world cup and stuff like that. But in the end that's not true. Yeah, he was decisive in a few matches but he can do a lot better than this.

That's why I really think he has some personal issues and he is not that old yet, he just turned 27 years. But, well I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet, let's see how he plays at Barca at the start of the season.
Old 2014-07-13, 19:45   Link #2322
Galaxian

Not only did James got the Golden Book, but Colombia got the tournament's Fair Play award.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 19:47   Link #2323
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Think Neuer winning WC will spark up a new type of GK?

Basically a professional sweeper role. One who not only tall and physical strong, but also have good acceleration and pace to defend high line.

In opposite to just good reflex, not prone to error and good long passing range like current crops
Old 2014-07-13, 20:05   Link #2324
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Not only did James got the Golden Book, but Colombia got the tournament's Fair Play award.
and Cuadrado got the most assists
Old 2014-07-13, 20:32   Link #2325
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I am happy Germany won. I was hoping they would win. They won with multiple good players benched, too (including one guy who left the match 20 minutes in). And it was a good match. Both teams played real hard.
Old 2014-07-13, 20:45   Link #2326
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The world cup was certainly an entertaining event. But here goes my interest for the sport. See you all in four years, lol.
Old 2014-07-13, 21:21   Link #2327
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Congrats Germany

Old 2014-07-13, 23:05   Link #2328
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Yeah!!! Germany wins! I hadn't known they won their previous titles as West Germany, as one born in W Germany and there during the 2006 World Cup, finally the whole country can celebrate

I think I'm going to listen to eurobeat all day
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 00:05   Link #2329
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Congrats to Germany. Finally a team I've stuck to for a long time made it thru.

What else, my favorite player, Klose, finally got it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 00:11   Link #2330
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Think Neuer winning WC will spark up a new type of GK?

Basically a professional sweeper role. One who not only tall and physical strong, but also have good acceleration and pace to defend high line.

In opposite to just good reflex, not prone to error and good long passing range like current crops
I don't really know how Lloris plays, but isn't he also a sweeper-keeper?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 00:43   Link #2331
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
What else, my favorite player, Klose, finally got it.
All those other times, he was just so close. lulz

World Cup teams as Bishoujos.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-the-world-cup

My favorite one, because lol wtf? to this one.

Spoiler for lol wtf?:

I mean, I know why, I get it, but it is just in poor taste.
Old 2014-07-14, 01:23   Link #2332
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Congrats Germany, definetely the team that deserved to win this competition the most!

But now I guess I REALLY want Italy to freaking to step it up in the future, even though God knows when we'll get our fifth star

:sadtimesahead:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 02:26   Link #2333
Blaat

Last time you had to wait 24 years for a new star and before that it was 44 years, so I think you might be a grandfather by the time Italy gets its fifth star.
Old 2014-07-14, 02:30   Link #2334
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Last time you had to wait 24 years for a new star and before that it was 44 years, so I think you might be a grandfather by the time Italy gets its fifth star.
Fine by me, I guess I'll be telling my grandchildren about our feat in 2006
Old 2014-07-14, 03:09   Link #2335
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Here to hope that the German example will give the signal to some federations to get their shit together. IIRC, Germany started its reforms as early as 2000.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 03:46   Link #2336
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I think a lot of people aren't giving credit to Schweinsteiger when they talk about Messi's performance in this final. He was completely marked down the entire game by him and he gave it his all today. He could hardly walk after the game and was completely battle bruised.

Also, Argentina parked the bus with a counter attack style. There's no great mid field to feed Messi any decent opportunities. I don't think it's his fault that he was basically taken out of the game and if there is any reason he was so depressed afterwards, besides losing of course, is that he failed to make an impact on the game in any way.

Anyhow really happy for Germany. Rooted for them from the beginning and glad to get some nice sports results for once xD. If only Federer won Wimbledon would have been even better.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 04:49   Link #2337
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Here to hope that the German example will give the signal to some federations to get their shit together. IIRC, Germany started its reforms as early as 2000.
Agreed.

I can only talk from my own personal experience by working within the local academies: there's A LOT of raw talent that usually gets sadly wasted because the current system does not promote youngsters well enough.

Generally speaking, if you're a young prospect and you play within the youth academy of a serie A/serie B team, chances are that the first years will be spent being loaned out to minor leagues.

On one hand this is not a bad idea: sometimes throwing a youngster into the lions' den and play directly for the first team may actually prove to be too much, but at the same time he'll never learn from the best players. The way I see it if you want youngsters to emerge on a more consistent basis, you need to make them play together with veterans as much as possible. So of course you can't bring them all into the first team, but atleast bring those who show the most potential both in terms of capabilities and in terms of mentality.

Germany did the right thing at the start of the 2000's by boosting both academies and by providing full support to youngsters throughout their growth. Young players get a lot more playing time at big clubs in Bundensliga than probably any other league in Europe.

This is definetely a model that can be adopted (with due changes) in a lot of other countries. Here in Italy we do have great schools and academies but the system does not provide any incentives to promote youngsters once they graduate from these places. Clubs do not want to take risks either, so it's up to the italian federation to man up and create a rule that forces Serie A and Serie B clubs to keep an established amount of youngsters in the first team and make them play a set amount of games per season. As I said, loaning a youngster is fine and all, but depending on the team you're loaning them to, he might end up not learning anything at all and just remain unpolished.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2014-07-14 at 09:57.
Old 2014-07-14, 05:37   Link #2338
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I think a lot of people aren't giving credit to Schweinsteiger when they talk about Messi's performance in this final. He was completely marked down the entire game by him and he gave it his all today. He could hardly walk after the game and was completely battle bruised.
That's not the problem I think. I found this news article and looks like Messi is sick or something. It's not because of Schweinsteiger or something it's because Messi just doesn't look too good. He was walking slowely, he didn't play with passion like he ussualy does etc. Schweinisteiger didn't have to do much to stop messi because messi was horrible this whole world cup. A lot of people are saying this durring the WC. Germany was good but you have to agree that messi was horrible.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/8000...up-2014-final/

Title: Lionel messi vomit

He did this in other matches too (vomiting) not only this final. This could explain why he didn't run so much. This doesn't look to good. Hopefully it's not something serious.

Edit: looks like he does this a lot even at Barcelona......
Old 2014-07-14, 05:46   Link #2339
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

second time lucky? hehehe...
Old 2014-07-14, 08:53   Link #2340
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Schweinsteiger was a warrior. Not just messi, but he was instrumental in the win having hold of that midfield.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote