Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-26, 13:44   Link #761
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I was actually laughing a bit at the mech action going on with Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika; Maria with funnels/DRAGOONs (even making similar beam spamming sounds) and Shirabe + Kirika making some sort of weird pincer beetle-style mech, literally piloting it together.
Oh, heck yes! This is the stuff we pay our admission fee for! I can just see them sitting around in the back room in the planning stages:

Producers: Let's show this completely ridiculous thing and make it awesome!
Writers, Animators, & Musicians: *cracking knuckles* Challenge accepted.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 17:35   Link #762
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I was actually laughing a bit at the mech action going on with Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika; Maria with funnels/DRAGOONs (even making similar beam spamming sounds) and Shirabe + Kirika making some sort of weird pincer beetle-style mech, literally piloting it together.
Easily one of the best things in the final fight. I couldn't stop laughing every time it was on screen.
Hibiki's giant fist punching was awesome too at the end. Then again Hibiki is great when punching the shit out of things.

Highly entertaining finale. I was a bit surprised at when she went ignite mode as well at the end to save Carol... Am still a bit mixed on how things ended for Carol of course. But whatever... and Elf9 isn't genderless anymore, not cool This still was another fun season of Symphogear (despite how things were handled with Hibiki's character at the start & the middle of the show with ignite + autoscorers...).

Definitely will be glad to watch more of course in the future. The Tsubasa x Maria gay is strong and I want more. Also criminally not enough Miku this season too. And no Genjuurou asskicking! S4/movie announcement when!

Can't wait to hear Carol's song soon-ish. Will just replay Maria's songs in the meantime, cause hers are just awesome this season imo.
Old 2015-09-26, 17:37   Link #763
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Just got done watching...Many mixed emotions.

First off, Hibiki's epic punching of that dragon-thing while Glorious Break played was epic.

(Also, here's a miracle; "Glorious Break" is on the tracklisting for Nana Mizuki's November 11 CD release, according to CDJapan, so unlike "Radiant Force" at least I can actually buy the song. Seriously, nothing annoys me more than soundtracks that they only release as pack-ins with the video release.)
More like a lion thing but that's far beside the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Easily one of the best things in the final fight. I couldn't stop laughing every time it was on screen.
Hibiki's giant fist punching was awesome too at the end. Then again Hibiki is great when punching the shit out of things.
Call it her Determination to fist.

The giant buzz-saw scissor Roomba was one of the most memorable things I have ever seen. It was both amusing and glorious at the same time.
Old 2015-09-26, 18:22   Link #764
DragonXX

So at the end of season 2 USA lost a lot of it power because of what they did but this could bite the World in the butt big time because the Symphogear user only do stuff about supernatural enemies not normal human enemies and it show because it seen like Europe is trying to get the power that USA lost which could lead to other country doing the same thing which could lead to a third World War and the Symphogear user will not be about to do a thing about a third World War do you think Hibiki could take a human life and could understand why after the world came together to give the Symphogear user the power to save would in season 2 and it would lead most likey Symphogear user becoming only being look at as weapon and do you think the USA will contuie to do nothing after losing power because of what happen at the end of season 2.

This come down to the world will contiue to be at peace as long as an enemy trying to destory the world keep showing up, now that will be a good enemy for a season 4 not someone evil but someone who became evil to stop the world from destorying itself by keeping it together by becoming the next world destorying enemy but never doing it competely.

I can't wait for a season 4 now because Hibiki is back in ASSHOLE TOWN.
This would made what happen th Carol father who save that town but get burn alive because of it happen to Hibiki.
I can see Hibiki fighting off Noise to keep the town safe, only for the town to say she a monster and it all her and her family who cause it because this could cause huge character grown for symphogear user asking the question are these people someone who should be save if this is how they are going to act about being save, Chris could start thinking back to Fine believe and start questioning if Fine was right all a long.

Seeing Hibiki trying to fix her family and overcome this ASSHOLE TOWN because it was how this ASSHOLE TOWN theated Hibiki coward of a father to end up running away and may even be why he was a dougebag and ran off to save himself and not help the childrens.

Also after rewatching episode 11 why do I think the person who show up to protact Hibiki father when there boss was attacking Hibiki father is most likey going to be Miku father.

Another person who could be the main enemy of season 4 is Hibiki father ex-boss because it would made a complete circle Hibiki life change fovever two year ago because of that mess and it also why Hibiki EX-boss fire Hibiki father because his child survire and his did not and to add even more to it, he using what ever Hibiki father was working on for him to do it.

This give my final point and that is will SONG still be look at as the Good Guy after the World find out all of the problem of season 1 and 2 was because they were messing which stuff they should it under Fine which lead to everyone one but Hibiki deading two year ago and to the Moon almost clashing into the Earth.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 18:38   Link #765
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I agree the likely the place we'll get any news of a season 4 if it happens (which is possible) would be the Symphogear Live early next year. Not like they can't keep this going with more threats always around the corner.

Must have been tough for Hibiki's mother and grandmother to keep living in that town after what happened. I'd suspect the people themselves forgot what terrible people they'd been in the past, but hard for the victims to do the same. In that case kind of understandable why Hibiki's mother looks so darn drained.

For another season I wouldn't mind keeping the groups a bit split up and rather than individual arcs having focus on just the groups themselves. Maria/Tsubasa, Chris/Kirika/Shirabe, Hibiki (with some Miku stuff going on). Curious about the next threat they could face as well.
Old 2015-09-26, 18:47   Link #766
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Honestly, if we do get a season 4, I hope it will be 2-cour. GX felt rushed within the 13 episodes it was given. I feel like the development that was intended for each of the characters would have felt a bit more natural had it been spread out.

Meh. We'll never know.

On another note, I have been wondering…for a group observing the humans/Lulu Amelu, the Custodians must have a pretty high threshold. I mean, Fine tried to destroy the Curse of Balal that they set up but the Custodians didn't care enough to intervene. Now, the world was on the brink of destruction and the Custodians still didn't care.

It makes me wonder…will we ever see the Custodians? Moreover, what ever happened to the beasts in the Ignite transformations? I feel like that was meant to be huge foreshadowing but was never really touched on in GX.

Perhaps the writers will play with the whole cursed song angle in Season 4 if it ever happens. Hell, I'm hoping we may see Custosians and the Ignite transformation beasts as well.

Something like the Custodians coming to kill Carol/Elfnein to enact justice for her sins in season 4 would be an interesting way to go about it.
Old 2015-09-26, 18:57   Link #767
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Honestly, if we do get a season 4, I hope it will be 2-cour. GX felt rushed within the 13 episodes it was given. I feel like the development that was intended for each of the characters would have felt a bit more natural had it been spread out.

Meh. We'll never know.

On another note, I have been wondering…for a group observing the humans/Lulu Amelu, the Custodians must have a pretty high threshold. I mean, Fine tried to destroy the Curse of Balal that they set up but the Custodians didn't care enough to intervene. Now, the world was on the brink of destruction and the Custodians still didn't care.

It makes me wonder…will we ever see the Custodians? Moreover, what ever happened to the beasts in the Ignite transformations? I feel like that was meant to be huge foreshadowing but was never really touched on in GX.

Perhaps the writers will play with the whole cursed song angle in Season 4 if it ever happens. Hell, I'm hoping we may see Custosians and the Ignite transformation beasts as well.

Something like the Custodians coming to kill Carol/Elfnein to enact justice for her sins in season 4 would be an interesting way to go about it.
There is a chance that the Custodians may be the main enemy, just like there a chance that the Christian Church could be the main enemy and it will go nicely which Carol back story of her father being burn and it would also go nicely which what Gen said about movement in Europe because that one of the biggest places for Christian.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 19:52   Link #768
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
There is a chance that the Custodians may be the main enemy, just like there a chance that the Christian Church could be the main enemy and it will go nicely which Carol back story of her father being burn and it would also go nicely which what Gen said about movement in Europe because that one of the biggest places for Christian.
Seems too much like…Index...
Plausible but I would rather have Custodians.

On another note, tomorrow and the full version of Massacre Harp Dur da Blá sound absolutely amazing.
Old 2015-09-26, 20:15   Link #769
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:

Meh. We'll never know.

I'd be all for another season if it happens getting more episodes. Once the main cast gets this large you really do need more episodes if you want to have some character arcs. I think they can make 13 episodes work, but it has to be tighter. Have the arcs be for groups of characters. Or just limit the character arcs to a couple characters without major changes for the others. It'd be fun to see what they could do with a story for that longer stretch as well.

I do wonder if the cursed beast imagery will play into another season. I also thought they'd be a thing for the conclusion, but nope. It could be an issue going forward. Or maybe they just decide that just because it's a bit dark doesn't mean it can't be used for good .

Would be interesting to see a major conflict to hit with the whole Custodian angle. I mean the moon is a freaking curse on humanity, even just minions of that kind of power would be pretty darn dangerous.
Quote:
Seems too much like…Index...
Plausible but I would rather have Custodians.

On another note, tomorrow and the full version of Massacre Harp Dur da Blá sound absolutely amazing.
Have to agree. Carol's songs were pretty darn good. As expected the full version of her genocide song was really good, one of my favorites for the season. Tomorrow was a nice song as well . Like the tone and feel of that one.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2015-09-26 at 20:28.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 20:34   Link #770
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What did they mean by the "Magical Girl Incident"?

Is it something new?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 20:41   Link #771
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Yeah hearing them now....god damn the full versions are so friggin' awesome!

Lyrics were quite something too for each song. Credit goes to an anon

Spoilers
Spoiler for Massacre Harp Dur da Blá lyrics
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for Tomorrow lyrics
Old 2015-09-26, 20:43   Link #772
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What did they mean by the "Magical Girl Incident"?

Is it something new?
I thought it was initially. I read elsewhere that the pre-air poster called this season the Magical Girl Incident so....maybe it was just how they are filing away this issue. Regardless the artifact they were examining at the end with Elfnein doesn't seem related to this incident so that could be the tie to the next season (presuming we get one).
Quote:
Yeah hearing them now....god damn the full versions are so friggin' awesome!

Lyrics were quite something too for each song.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Massacre Harp Dur da Blá lyrics

Spoilers
Spoiler for Tomorrow lyrics
Just want to say, thank you very much for posting the translations up here . They are great songs to listen to and it is nice to have a fuller understanding of what is being said.
Old 2015-09-26, 20:47   Link #773
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Regardless the artifact they were examining at the end with Elfnein doesn't seem related to this incident so that could be the tie to the next season (presuming we get one).
Wait, I thought that was just the chip Dr. Ver gave Maria? With all his Linker related work/research?
Old 2015-09-26, 20:48   Link #774
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Wait, I thought that was just the chip Dr. Ver gave Maria? With all his Linker related work/research?
Oh was that it? To be honest I didn't think it might be that. That'd make sense. I suppose the green tint made me think it was something else entirely, but that would make sense. Although I suppose it could still lead to something next season. We're talking about Ver, that guy might have had connections to various factions.
Old 2015-09-26, 20:53   Link #775
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a nice ending everyone over powered and Hibiki know how to use her fist

The mom should of punched the dad in the face

6/10 Need anther season
Old 2015-09-26, 23:32   Link #776
ReddyRedWolf

I somewhat suspected Elfnine would die and become Carol.

In this case Elfnine's body died but transferred her personality and memories to the blank slate Carol.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 00:17   Link #777
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I somewhat suspected Elfnine would die and become Carol.

In this case Elfnine's body died but transferred her personality and memories to the blank slate Carol.
So do we call her Elf9 or Carol?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 00:21   Link #778
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So do we call her Elf9 or Carol?
Well if you define a person by their memories then Elfnein. I mean really it's Elfnein on every level since even her original body was basically a clone of Carol in the first place.
Old 2015-09-27, 06:00   Link #779
ReddyRedWolf

Smug Chris along with this week's Boku Hero Academy's Grapes are not academically stupid as they look. She may be short and stacked but not dumb. Though I suspect she's weak at P.E..
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 08:33   Link #780
Marina2

In the scene where everyone rushed to the room and found only Carol and Elf9 became one, I was a bit confused what did they happy for? Were they happy because Carol is alive? or because Elf9 is fine?

Tags
action, singing