AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-13, 12:23   Link #61
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
I was wondering, is there any official information detailing what Shift each character's IS first appears in? I originally assumed that outside of Ichika, all the characters (sans instructors) started off by default on the 1st Shift, but never really found any information to support this, especially in the case of Charlotte and Laura.

Charlotte's personal IS seems to be completely explainable by mechanical modification at preset to a normal Raphael Revive (eg. Armor plate sacrificed for speed, preset equipment sacrificed for Equalizer slots, etc) so it's uncertain if she's even gone through the 1st shift (Skill and shift are not necessary an issue of causation as displayed by Miya). Laura also seems like she might be experienced enough to have hit the 2nd Shift already unless there was a story related reason holding her back (From the looks of it, there probably is).

Also, how is it that Fold-Out armor is an improvement over Equalizers? It seems like equipment that transforms would be slower and less flexible than equipment that can be instantly called up by an experienced pilot. Equalizers also have the advantage of unpredictability, as the setup can be changed in between battles and more suitable to group battles as equipment and support services can be exchanged (Charlotte to Ichika in Episode 8). Also, Equalizers are theoretically replaceable if damaged in mid combat (ie. weapons, physical shields, thrusters, etc) whereas I'm assuming Fold-Out armor being a permanent piece of an IS is not and is vulnerable to getting stuck in transformation if damaged a certain way. Basically, outside of having a slot limit, has a specific limitation been set to Equalizers that makes Fold-Out armor superior (ie. Equalizers can't use 3rd Gen tech)?
1st. equalizers must be pre-installed before battle and it may take alot of time to go through the quantum conversion process.

2nd. Since I dont read the lightnovel but it is assumed that with fold out armor, your IS can change from high mobility-configuration to high defense or high damage output at any time in battle by changing the shape of the frame while with equalizer you are locked with the set up you choose.

to put it simple: Fold out armor is like playing poker with five jokers on your hand, it could be anything the player want them to be
Old 2011-03-13, 12:59   Link #62
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Thank you for the explanation, most appreciated! ^_^
Old 2011-03-13, 23:39   Link #63
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
Thank you for the explanation, most appreciated! ^_^
you are welcome .
Old 2011-03-20, 13:16   Link #64
BlackSaba
Black Man

Location: In a house on a street with a lot of cars passing by =D
Is Core Theory.

In relation, the is core is indeed a black box. So a little more insight is what I decided to add to the subject

In neural networking or heuristic algorithms (computer terms generally used to describe 'learning' computers or 'AI simulations') a black box is used to describe the constantly changing section of the program environment which cannot easily be tested by the programmers.

Houki's IS is, from what I have seen is mostly controlled by her thoughts, meaning that some form of the IS Core's Black Box does deal with neural augmenting, meaning she has control over it using her mind. In terms of input, the thought process is using neurons. I say this because whenever you think, neurons, or nerve cells, which are excitable become active in transferring the amount of electrical impulses around the brain. The IS can be called from a STANDBY phase with an activation word, or a "wake-up" password. Now relating this, that means the IS has some sense of AI, meaning an understanding of human intellect. Also, the IS grows more in relationship with its pilot (Personal IS's only Id assume :/), meaning it has some reasoning skills. Kinda makes you think of a cat. Its hard to train a cat, but not impossible. You gotta know the ins and outs of how to do so. As far as Cognitive Reasoning, I have yet to see an IS think badly of its owner, or regret a decision it or its owner made. (Sorry wish I could do more with this post, just got off work, tired, and only thought about posting this after talking to some some co-workers about the Black Box Theory)
Old 2011-03-21, 04:48   Link #65
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

AIs do exist in IS. Ichika's IS for example manifests herself as a little girl in mindspace (novel stuff).

Technically, I see the IS Black Box kind of like what our consciousness is. I believe not even the IS themselves know how they work, as much as we don't really know most of how our body works at a submolecular level.
Old 2011-04-21, 09:00   Link #66
Javiersansano

while reading IS manga, I noticed a difference between it and the anime............in the manga, the Yukihira Type II blade doesn't split, but it seems that the edge already has the barrier null effect, while in the anime, the blade splits, generating a beam saber.

Also, in the wiki of IS, it says that the physical blade is superimposed with the energy field that carries the one-off;

http://infinite-stratos.wikia.com/wiki/Fold-Out_Armor

. So, which source is right? which version is right? Yukihira type II is a katana that transforms intio a beamsaber, a katana with a "coated edge" (like the strike, the impulse, and the Destiny's broadswords from Gundam Seed?), or its more like an Aura covers the whole thing when the one-off is activated?
Old 2011-04-24, 03:33   Link #67
HasuMasu
*Artist

here is something i've been thinking about

as far as i've been informed

the IS is tranformed into data and stored in the core when not in use

so

would it be possible to

hold that data in the mind?

the IS

would literally be a projection of your thoughts
Old 2011-05-08, 02:31   Link #68
Kaleidoscope Inc.
Military Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
im waiting for the ff weapons to come...

OFFENSE
power fist/gauntlet
AT autocannon
hand grenade (chal, make it happen)
high yield rockets
No offense, but I think hand grenades will be difficult to use, because IS battle involves high speed maneuvering, and IS can fly too. Unless there's a C4 device you can plant directly on enemy's IS when the opponent is fully occupied.

Imagine Charlotte planting C4 on Laura's back - BOOM, and it goes AWESOME.

Another thing is Ignition Boost + a strike with an explosive driven Revolver Stake-like weapon. That's deadly. Welcome to armor-piercing world.

"Taking the technology to a whole new level."

Last edited by Kaleidoscope Inc.; 2011-05-08 at 02:44.
Old 2011-05-08, 02:51   Link #69
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Another thing is Ignition Boost + a strike with an explosive driven Revolver Stake-like weapon. That's deadly. Welcome to armor-piercing world.
isn't that what charlotte did to laura?
Old 2011-05-08, 03:04   Link #70
Kaleidoscope Inc.
Military Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
isn't that what charlotte did to laura?
But her Shield pierce wasn't explosive driven, i think.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rewatched the scene. Okay. It looks like one driven by explosion, but they really didn't state how the Shield Pierce operates.

But then again, is the Ignition Boost effect instantaneous, or have a lasting effect for minutes?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-05-08 at 23:00. Reason: Let's be mindful of the double-posting when just editing your post is sufficent.
Old 2011-05-08, 03:25   Link #71
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
But then again, is the Ignition Boost effect instantaneous, or have a lasting effect for minutes?
it's instant, it lets you fly at top speed for a moment, it's a burst of speed

Quote:
but they really didn't state how the Shield Pierce operates.
if i recall correctly the novels did, the wiki also helps with this
Old 2011-05-08, 03:38   Link #72
Kaleidoscope Inc.
Military Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
it's instant, it lets you fly at top speed for a moment, it's a burst of speed

if i recall correctly the novels did, the wiki also helps with this
Spoiler for Tech:

Yes, they did. i am sorry. This wasn't even stated in the anime.

Old 2011-05-08, 04:06   Link #73
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Yes, they did. i am sorry. This wasn't even stated in the anime.
yeah, the anime did a lousy job at it, thankfully the the wiki lists some of the missing info
Old 2011-05-08, 04:49   Link #74
Kaleidoscope Inc.
Military Engineer

I demand some Plasma horns on Char's headgear.
like this:

http://postimage.org/image/20x1ecl5w/

Whenever the needs arise, she can give a proper head-stab to her room mate. haha

Last edited by Kaleidoscope Inc.; 2011-05-08 at 05:01.
Old 2011-05-08, 05:33   Link #75
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
I demand some Plasma horns on Char's headgear.
like this:
i admit, i lol'd
Old 2011-07-23, 20:20   Link #76
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Talking

Hey folks, this is my first time in the IS Animesuki forum.

Well, I have several question.

Inertia Canceler technology are very common with IS, flight, g-load, defense....but there's something bugged me, AIC (Active Inertia Canceler) stopping all kinds of attack...

Based on my understanding of physic, Cecilia's laser weapon (her rifle, dunno with the bit) shouldn't be affected by AIC since the projectile (i.e. Photons) are massless, therefore, no inertia right?

So how exactly Laura is able to stop her attack? or maybe, we're taking 'relativistic' mass into account since photon has virtually no 'rest' mass? If it is, then the AIC field should not be bright and transparent since they're stopping visible light like black hole too...

Hope someone with a better understanding of physic giving their own guessing...
Old 2011-07-23, 21:59   Link #77
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I usually just write it off as the author not really doing as much research as needed.

But I guess you could argue that Cecillia's Starlight MkIII rifle is not a 'Laser Rifle' as we know it, but a charged particle accelerator. So if the AIC is as powerful as it's supposed to be on Schwarzer Regen, it might definitely be able to stop thousands of highspeed charged particles from injuring the wearer.

...Of course that would just be cancelling the inertia of the particles. The high electric charge would still shock he pilot, I think.
Old 2011-07-23, 22:51   Link #78
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

OH well, then it's just like Macross then (they call it laser while it was clearly beam weapon, because Laser sounds cooler I think). Personally, this explanation makes more sense, both manga and anime portrayed the weapon just like ordinary beam armature, dunno with the light novel.

And, well. You're talking about the electric charge. As far as I knew, it was called charged particle cannon BECAUSE the particle itself carrying the charge and considering AIC block the particles themselves, there's no electric charge. There will be massive spike in the air temperature thought (since the plasma/ ion/ charged particle dispersed their energy to the open air).

Unless we use laser to propel / energize the particle....then AIC can't have absolute protection. Anyway, thank you very much for the reply.
Old 2011-07-23, 23:22   Link #79
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
shouldn't be affected by AIC since the projectile (i.e. Photons) are massless, therefore, no inertia right?
i never really assumed they were photons to begin with, then again, you could just blame anime logic
Old 2011-07-23, 23:31   Link #80
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Photons are a specific (and weird) particle. You'll have to ask the science experts about that, but they definitely can't be stopped by an AIC if it existed. AFAIK Photons don't have mass. No mass, no inertia--again, if I remember correctly.

On the other hand, Charged particles are usually larger and have mass, however little. Thus if it has mass it has inertia, which can be stopped.

To be honest, Lasers are actually being used in real-life warfare today. Unfortunately they're not like what we normally think of "Laser guns"---most are invisible (most visible lasers are just aim/target pointers), and works more like a focus spotlight--you have to 'shine' a laser beam at a target for a period of time for it to work.

So although it acts like a Hollywood laser gun, most beam weapons are particle weapons--the 'laser bolt' effect is the charged particles reacting with air. I've been told that particle weapons would be nigh-useless in space because of vacuum, but I haven't researched to confirm that.
Closed Thread