AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-30, 03:59   Link #1861
Eratas123

@DarkJak-Sorry for the double post I accidentally pressed back when I tried to leave the page so the review was sent twice As for lack of reviews: My story has 17k words and only 10 reviews, I'm not stopping and neither should you, wavehawk also doesn't even post his stories on fanfic.net and just places them here so we can read but he still continues. Besides, Infinite Stratos isn't exactly a mainstream anime, the abundance of reviews that early stories had was mostly because the anime was still airing so people tended to check out the fanfic archive more. When a season 2 comes out or if a new volume of the novel is released then the archive will gain more attention.

@ZeroXSEED- I know a villain sue is easy to make by accident but I plan to have the worf effect take place by showing all three protagonists beaten during the first fights, though I will try to justify it.

Ichika- Madoka is stronger than him, plain and simple, you already know the reason why.

Kyuukai- Reaper has cybernetic implants that DRASTICALLY increase his abiities, damage threshold, and provide high immunity to energy discharge. And unlike Irish they don't have any drawbacks.

Irish- They're teamwork is better than his and Tatenashi's and they also go tend after him directly rather than trying to fight Tatenashi like most opponents.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-09-30 at 04:16.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 04:16   Link #1862
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Well, one thing that's kinda holding me back is the lack of reviews. I know there's 8, but I consider it 7 because one of them is a "double post".
Hmm, then haven't you checked the [legacy story] in the traffic page? Review is not everything you know.
Spoiler for Size:

Hits = How many times your story has been opened, regardless of people and chapter
Fav = How many times favored your fanfic
C2 = Community listed your fanfic
Alert = How many people subscribing that fanfic

Not that I care about hits or shit like that myself...it's HATE MAIL/ MESSAGE/ PM that become my problem now

therefore, quoting this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@DarkJak-Sorry for the double post I accidentally pressed back when I tried to leave the page so the review was sent twice As for lack of reviews: My story has 17k words and only 10 reviews, I'm not stopping and neither should you, wavehawk also doesn't even post his stories on fanfic.net and just places them here so we can read but he still continues. Besides, Infinite Stratos isn't exactly a mainstream anime, the abundance of reviews that early stories had was mostly because the anime was still airing so people tended to check out the fanfic archive more. When a season 2 comes out or if a new volume of the novel is released then the archive will gain more attention.
Old man Hawk is very brave, we shouldn't stop just because stupid lack of reviews/ unnecessary hate PM

As for Eratas, the idea is mostly justified except for Reaper, make him very-very mysterious and enigmatic, so that even the protagonist is pressed MENTALLY than PHYSICALLY.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-30 at 04:34.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 04:47   Link #1863
Eratas123

You mean like mind raping Kyuukai? Both Ichika and Irish will already go through a colossal amount of mind rape in the story itself, making all three of them go through a mind fuck might not sit well with readers since they might call this an emo fic Besides, I'm not sure Kyuukai can be mind raped since he seems aware of mental insanity and constantly lampshades it in "heart of the machine."
Old 2011-09-30, 05:52   Link #1864
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
You mean like mind raping Kyuukai? Both Ichika and Irish will already go through a colossal amount of mind rape in the story itself, making all three of them go through a mind fuck might not sit well with readers since they might call this an emo fic Besides, I'm not sure Kyuukai can be mind raped since he seems aware of mental insanity and constantly lampshades it in "heart of the machine."
More like "Killer instinct so strong that his very presence mindfucked everyone", you see, much like Bleach 'Spirit pressure' thing, only war-torn tragedy-eater soldier like Kyuukai can face him properly without cowering in fear. Not to mention sheer amount of combat experience.
Old 2011-09-30, 05:52   Link #1865
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I`m done reading this Infinite Stratos:Athena Bouclier

I don`t have anything to say about this.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 05:54   Link #1866
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

This pic is what inspired me to do the G.I.Joe references with <Ren> in my recent fic:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2...uper_super.jpg

...and yes, I am tempted to pull off this very line in the next <ren> storyline, somehow...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 05:59   Link #1867
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post

Wai? I think it has potential, the main character OC is modest and believable for my standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
This pic is what inspired me to do the G.I.Joe references with <Ren> in my recent fic:

...and yes, I am tempted to pull off this very line in the next <ren> storyline, somehow...
OH SHI-
Old 2011-09-30, 06:02   Link #1868
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
More like "Killer instinct so strong that his very presence mindfucked everyone", you see, much like Bleach 'Spirit pressure' thing, only war-torn tragedy-eater soldier like Kyuukai can face him properly without cowering in fear. Not to mention sheer amount of combat experience.
I think Laura and Irish could also hold out without cowering Laura has been a soldier since birth and is used to tragedy as much as Kyuukai is, Irish is also no stranger to fear since he regularly faces IS units despite the fact that he can be easily killed by a stray shot. The fact that all of them are emotionally numb (at least Irish and Laura are) would help with this. Ironically enough? Ichika could probably beat Reaper if he tries but he's too scared of losing and lacks experience the other three have.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:05   Link #1869
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I think Laura and Irish could also hold out without cowering Laura has been a soldier since birth and is used to tragedy as much as Kyuukai is, Irish is also no stranger to fear since he regularly faces IS units despite the fact that he can be easily killed by a stray shot. The fact that all of them are emotionally numb (at least Irish and Laura are) would help with this. Ironically enough? Ichika could probably beat Reaper if he tries but he's too scared of losing and lacks experience the other three have.
I mean someone the equivalent of Kyuukai, hell, make even Tatenashi cower, and only Kyuukai, Laura and Irish (barely) able to fight him in full condition.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:16   Link #1870
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post

I appreciate you taking the time to read it

Also, to answer the question in your review(I assume it is you since you have "Chevalier Silencieux" below your forum name):

Quote:
The Minerva does have an Absolute Defense barrier installed.

It is integrated with IS technology, after all. Then again, yes, the Minerva does have flaws. One of which is already hinted with Minerva's battle-armor foundation.

Being a full, physical suit of armor, it would not be able to self-repair any damages to the armor unlike the IS. There may be more flaws, but I'll leave it to the fic to bring you through :3

And also, the Minerva isn't an IS
It's a physical, full-body battle-armor, something like the one in Mechassault 2. It can't be stored in data form like the IS because it doesn't have an IS core.

I'll write up a "tech spec" on the Minerva soon.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:28   Link #1871
Eratas123

Quote:
I mean someone the equivalent of Kyuukai, hell, make even Tatenashi cower, and only Kyuukai, Laura and Irish (barely) able to fight him in full condition.
Irish really wouldn't be much help anyway His lack of close combat experience would only make him a liability in that fight

Reapers implants account for most of his combat skills, the only thing that can put him down for a while is the Byakushiki sword since it disables energy and to a lesser extent Irish's jammer knife since it temporarily jams machinery.

Reaper is also enemies with phantom task so you can expect some evil versus evil in some of the (WAY) later chapters. Enemy mine will also take effect since the protags will have to decide who's more dangerous and who they can afford to ally with temporarily(Reapers goal beyond destroying the IS is unclear but he's already killed hundreds of civilians in the process while Phantom task's goal of world domination is clear but so far they've killed less civilians). Might start an arguement where some of the more pragmatic members choose to side with Reaper since Phantom task is an arguably bigger threat and they're goal is on a world wide scale while others choose phantom task since Reaper's already killed a load of civilians and he should be stopped first.

What do you think?
Old 2011-09-30, 06:34   Link #1872
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

It's a physical, full-body battle-armor, something like the Battlearmor in Mechassault 2. It can't be stored in data form like the IS because it doesn't have an IS core.

I'll write up a "tech spec" on the Minerva soon.
Hmm, indeed this makes more sense than other Male having I.S..

As for Vervietta in my story, here's the point (pros and cons)
Spoiler for Wall of text:

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-30 at 06:47.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 06:37   Link #1873
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

You know, I've gotten to used to
reading comics from right to left.

Also, damn, you guys post a ton of stuff,
I think you're forgetting a very basic part
of every person's life: sleep.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:44   Link #1874
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
You know, I've gotten to used to
reading comics from right to left.

Also, damn, you guys post a ton of stuff,
I think you're forgetting a very basic part
of every person's life: sleep.
Damn Right we are.

(Well I and Box has not much time difference, the rest on the other hand....)

FYI I'm +7 GMT
Old 2011-09-30, 06:47   Link #1875
Eratas123

Quote:
Damn Right we are.

(Well I and Box has not much time difference, the rest on the other hand....)

FYI I'm +7 GMT
Where are you guys living right now anyway? Right now it close to 8 pm for me.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:49   Link #1876
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Where are you guys living right now anyway? Right now it close to 8 pm for me.
Indonesia, West Java, Town of Garut. Currently it's 18:45 (06:45 P.M).
Old 2011-09-30, 06:52   Link #1877
Eratas123

Doesn't your fanfic.net profile say Australia? At least that's what I remember.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:55   Link #1878
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Umm....

(That would be my fault for promoting animesuki I.S. forum...)

speaking of which, here's the mock illustration, I'll shop it later.

Spoiler for WHOPPING SIZE:

It's not Ichika that is short, Joshua is whopping 190 cm!

He'll pilot Vervietta (aka Vic Viper, Viper-chan, Viper Pieter etc.), A transforming I.S like Powered Exoskeleton using an obsolete system found in I.S. prototype (the one before White Knight)

Spoiler for Size:

You should really send an application to Lump of Sugar to join their SD/chibi artists. xD

@Eratas: Sounds ok, for me. In fact, I was about to suggest those ideas to you lol.

I am in favour of multiple factions trying to get control, and think about it, in the world. Not everybody is going to join one or the other faction. They would be in their own faction, awaiting the time to strike.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 06:55   Link #1879
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Doesn't your fanfic.net profile say Australia? At least that's what I remember.
Indeed, I wonder why, because Indonesia is listed as address in the setting, and Indonesian is recognized there as separate language category.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:00   Link #1880
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You should really send an application to Lump of Sugar to join their SD/chibi artists. xD

@Eratas: Sounds ok, for me. In fact, I was about to suggest those ideas to you lol.

I am in favour of multiple factions trying to get control, and think about it, in the world. Not everybody is going to join one or the other faction. They would be in their own faction, awaiting the time to strike.
Who do you think sounds more dangerous and should be put down first? Both are unappealing choices but it isn't always good vs evil, lesser evil vs evil also happens a lot in fiction.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest