AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 01:47   Link #41
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
True that tatsuya is the only one that can stop her but that was during the time where everyone, without any proof, speculated some sort of special relationship between Tatsuya and Mayumi + Azusa when they were trying to end the no course 2 students in student council rule. It was slander. And you know what happens to Miyuki when people do not acknowledge her brother. That seemed like more of a special situation to me tbh because Tatusya has been slandered all year and both he and Miyuki just ignore it 99% of the time.

Though i'm not sure how it would be bad if he became leader of the club activities or public moral committee. Those two clubs along with the student council seem to run the whole school.
Remember vol 3. Miyuki was producing cold wond just because Tatsuya was in a different car. She wants to spend every seconds possible with Tatsuya as long as there is a slight possibility.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 14:18   Link #42
TheDisruptiveOne

I feel like Mayumi has been squeezed into several volumes. It would have been easy to make her disappear. She has graduated after all. But the writer finds a way to include her in every volume. For what reason?
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 14:24   Link #43
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I feel like Mayumi has been squeezed into several volumes. It would have been easy to make her disappear. She has graduated after all. But the writer finds a way to include her in every volume. For what reason?
Popularity among the readers (which makes it a lot harder to write off a character, unless you want to deal with a mob of 'unpleased fans' of that character ) and ... most likely her connection with the Saegusa family are ... in my opinion the main reasons why she continues to stay in the story.

At least that's what I think
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 14:46   Link #44
IceHism

Quote:
10 master Clans has only been getting more and more important as the story goes on though.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 14:47   Link #45
TheDisruptiveOne

I am of the opinion that we are headed towards a confrontation between the Saegusa and the Yotsuba.

And I don't blame Mayumi for being popular. She is probably in my top 5. I would go with Mayumi, Tatsuya, Lina, Shizuku, and Erika I guess.
Old 2014-04-13, 14:54   Link #46
Chris38

Quote:
I am of the opinion that we are headed towards a confrontation between the Saegusa and the Yotsuba.
Considering the deal / alliance or whatever you want to call it ... that they have made at the end of volume 12 ... it should be pretty obvious that some kind of confrontation is going to happen between them.

Personally, I'm more interested in learning what are going to be the consequences of that confrontation... especially for Tatsuya and Miyuki who are definitely going to be involved in it, due to their ties to the Yotsuba clan.
Old 2014-04-13, 15:02   Link #47
Lazy cat

Quote:
because she is the best girl?
OFFTOPIC: my top 5
Mayumi
tatsuya
ayako
zhou
maya(she will have her moment to shine)
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 15:03   Link #48
TheDisruptiveOne

I could see the Saegusa losing a lot of power. And the head of the family getting killed. Maybe Mayumi's older siblings as well?

These speculations are probably laughable. But I expect Tatsuya to rebel against the Yotsuba at some point. And the Yotsuba need to be at their strongest for that to be an impressive achievement. If they won a conflict against the Saegusa; it would definitely increase their power.

Things could obviously go in a drastically different direction. But these are some of the possibilities bouncing around in my head.
Old 2014-04-13, 15:23   Link #49
Chris38

^ Nope, unlike you I don't see Tatsuya rebelling against the Yotsuba ... since they are still keeping Miyuki as his chain and I don't see how that will change in any reasonable future, since Maya pretty much knows what keeps Tatsuya from going against the clan and I don't see Miyuki being capable or willing to separate herself from Tatsuya or the clan - due to her mothers tutoring, which has been mentioned by Maya in volume 8.

So,unless they somehow make some unreasonable demand from Miyuki that Tatsuya won't agree with or somehow threaten her safety ... I don't see Tatsuya moving against them ... at least not openly... and considering Maya's personality ... I doubt she would do something so foolish...

I could see though how Tatsuya's idea of creating a world where magicians aren't treated as weapons could conflict with the Yotsuba ideology .... but as long as they could gain something from this idea ... and Tatsuya is smart enough to portray it in that way ... I don't think they will actually be against it.

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-04-13 at 15:34.
Old 2014-04-13, 16:19   Link #50
Echizen777

Quote:
Yotsuba and Saegusa will surely clash in the future and she is the main Saegusa in the story so far. Even without this, she always got a lot of apparitions compared to the other senpais and I like it because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
because she is the best girl?
This .

That SS at vol 11 and that little part in vol 12 weren't for naught, she will have a big role to play for sure. She is also the only one who saw Tatsuya's powers and said nothing bout it. We have yet to see her brothers too, I want to see what the strongest Saegusas can do, she is strong but we only know 2 of her spells.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 17:21   Link #51
Lazy cat

Mayumi and Tats always remenber me of romeo and juliet, through they are not in love... yet (sorry for my fanboysm)
now back on topic saegusa will need heavy reinforcement when they are going to figth the yotsuba, because they clearly aren't powerfull enough to win even with zhou help, maybe the mitsuwa family join in considering that both families are friendly. the kudou are more like acting behind the scenes, and the juumonji don't seem to aprove saegusa metods.
Old 2014-04-15, 16:20   Link #52
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Considering the deal / alliance or whatever you want to call it ... that they have made at the end of volume 12 ... it should be pretty obvious that some kind of confrontation is going to happen between them.

Personally, I'm more interested in learning what are going to be the consequences of that confrontation... especially for Tatsuya and Miyuki who are definitely going to be involved in it, due to their ties to the Yotsuba clan.
keep the peace.... tatsuya x mayiumi and miyuki the next head of yatsuba ruling over an ice fortress because of an endless winter cause by her jealousy over tatsuya x mayumi relationship.

Ok now seriously back on prediction.
- there is definitely conflict brewing between yotsuba and kudou/saeguesa families and the black sage(since he initiated the whole thing).With the Ten Master Clans selection coming up there's bound for something to happen. I'm interested to see what exactly will happen but my gut tells me that yotsuba will be in a pinch and will have to rely on both miyuki and tatsuya in order to survive and this will come at a price. Maybe we will finally see some change is tatsuya's status this underdog thing has been goingon for far to long and its getting rather boring. For him to be back in yotsuba family will give him larger exposure to the magic world and will be a step forward in achiving his goals and also will open new direction for his character development.
- Also i get the feeling that maya will meat her end soon making room for miyuki's character development not just as a magician but also as an young women in charge of her family and dealing with a lot more than school life.
- also due to the change of their status the siblings will have to adjust to the school as the yotsuba siblings with all the stuff that comes along with that. Maybe even deal with some clan internal strife due to the changes.
- with his new status tatsuya will have access to more resources for his research and finally cracking the secret behind the relic, and creates a way to store magic sequences and thus moving the magic world into a new era and along this his identity as Taurus silver is revealed a shock to some of his friends and a relief to others.
- some big final battle will happen against the GAA where he ends up using his strategic spell again and revealing that he is a strategic rank magician with all his friends in a huge shock and miyuki with a big smile on her face that finaly the world knows who her brother truly is a brilliant talented powerful magician.

This is more my own wishful thinking but i really hope the author doesn't pull some half crap tragic non-sense that will ruin a very good story.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:16   Link #53
Lazy cat

^ even a tragic ending can be very satisfatory if it's well written, i myself espect a bittersweet end to mahouka.
Old 2014-04-16, 06:09   Link #54
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
^ even a tragic ending can be very satisfatory if it's well written, i myself espect a bittersweet end to mahouka.
i`m a sucker for happy ending myself i admit it. But i don`t see any kind of ending besides that.

I mean the novel so far was pretty light in terms of tragic elements, not one character has died yet. So far it has a lighter tone, serious but lighter tone and i hope it stays that way.

The story itself is about the siblings life and the stuff that they have to deal along the way, like school, the clan, the military etc, as they move towards their goals that are nothing tragic, or self-destructive in nature that will need a tragic ending.

But that's just my opinion.

As a comparison its not like Code Geass plot where from the very beginning you could tell his path and goals are self destructive in nature.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:46   Link #55
Lazy cat

^ it may be has you said, it is just me who can't see a fitting happy ending to this story.

OFFTOPIC: all hail Britania
Old 2014-04-16, 15:10   Link #56
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
^ it may be has you said, it is just me who can't see a fitting happy ending to this story.

OFFTOPIC: all hail Britania
it depends what you see as a happy ending.

I would love to see a ending with a ruined world , in a devastated tokyo where Tatsuya, miyuki and company just stood in the middle of the rubble planing a new future with lina running towards them.

Dramatic and happy at the same time

OFF TOPIC: ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!!
Old 2014-04-16, 18:53   Link #57
IceHism

What would be funny is if Tatsuya makes a spell even stronger than material burst in the future and the only people living at the end is him and Miyuki
Now whether Dengeki Bunko forbids it or not, Tatsuya X Miyuki is the only ship available for the human race.
Old 2014-04-16, 19:02   Link #58
Lazy cat

^ you missed by two letters it is mayumi not miyuki
Old 2014-04-16, 19:07   Link #59
IceHism

Quote:
^ you missed by two letters mayumi not miyuki

I will never support this ship. I think they are both badass but Tatsuya belongs to stronger people like Lina or Miyuki.

Also, Mayumi spent most of her last year trying to make Tatsuya her younger brother
Old 2014-04-16, 19:10   Link #60
Lazy cat

kkkkkkk don't worry in the rigth time you too shall join us in mayumi ship.