Old 2006-08-03, 02:20   Link #61
Claymore

Megami Magazine coverage
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 02:32   Link #62
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
Holy... And they are bringing this to the U.S. (Megami I mean). Is it even legal?

*save*
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 04:27   Link #63
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Holy... And they are bringing this to the U.S. (Megami I mean). Is it even legal?

*save*
Of course it is, it's just anime after all
I didn't know Megami was selling in US though.
Old 2006-08-03, 05:00   Link #64
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Episode 1 made me feel it could be a good series. But after watching ep2 it made me realize its rather boring somehow. ima watch the next episode and decide whether to follow it or not.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 10:53   Link #65
Rin-Sama
Banned

This show should satisfiy anyone with a Loli....."urgeing"
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 16:26   Link #66
Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
*save*
I believe it's still legal in the US.
But if you are living in Canada and possess this kind of material, there's a strong possibility that you will be jailed and perhaps tortured.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 16:52   Link #67
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
I believe it's still legal in the US.
But if you are living in Canada and possess this kind of material, there's a strong possibility that you will be jailed and perhaps tortured.

You're obviously kidding, but I just thought I should point out that that's silly before someone takes you seriously. It's definitely racy/suggestive, but there's no way they'd jail you for it. (And I have that issue of Megami - oh teh noes!) The sort of stuff there are Canadian laws against are the things that are much more explicit/vulgar/depraved (whatever word you want to use). If you're familiar with the news story that triggered this sort of thinking, read it again to see what he was actually arrested for. Ick. Anyway, I'm quite certain that all Canadians could watch Chocotto Sister and import copies of Megami Magazine without worrying about a visit from the police... It's when atypical people let this stuff go way too far that problems occur. That's totally off-topic, but so has this line of thinking been all along. Let's be sensible.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 17:21   Link #68
Rin-Sama
Banned

um BTW where can i order that magazine.....? <_<...>_>
Old 2006-08-03, 18:55   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

oooookay...... this magazine is a bit racy but its not "illegal" in any jurisdiction in North America. Sometimes I think our "social conservatives" need multiple whacks to the head to drive out the stupid...

the "apron" pic in the magazine makes me wonder (again) what age she's supposed to be ... 8.. 10.. 20.. ? That drawing looks 14 or better (choco.. now with curves!) ... sheesh.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-09 at 02:03.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 21:32   Link #70
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Just a few to kill time...with a blunt object...Colonel Mustard...in the Study...

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 22:25   Link #71
Rin-Sama
Banned

oh man. someone's gotta make me a gif of Chaco "wagging her tail" in the that neko outfit in the ending credits. PLEASE!
Old 2006-08-03, 22:49   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 4 screencaps. Choco was the Onichan's valentine gift, but Onichan doesn't even want to open the box.

Cool gifs! I call the running-Choco.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 11:45   Link #73
Rin-Sama
Banned

can anyone make the gif i requested?
Old 2006-08-09, 00:12   Link #74
Seiryuu

A question about the DVD. It looks like a DVD is being released on 10/25, if I understood the ad on chocosis.com. One thing has me curious though. If I remember the kanji right, it says something is going to be absent(police tape, judging from the image.) Thing is, I can't tell whether they're saying that the DVD will have censorship fully removed, or whether they're going to replace absurd-looking police tape with still-stupid-looking fuzz, as the image seems to suggest. I hope(and suspect) I'm wrong and they're not just replacing one censor with another. The story's funny either way, but obvious image alterations are a little distracting, regardless of how the original may look.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 20:55   Link #75
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Thing is, I can't tell whether they're saying that the DVD will have censorship fully removed, or whether they're going to replace absurd-looking police tape with still-stupid-looking fuzz, as the image seems to suggest. I hope(and suspect) I'm wrong and they're not just replacing one censor with another. The story's funny either way, but obvious image alterations are a little distracting, regardless of how the original may look.
Well, if it actually "showed anything" it would of course be mosaiced, as is the custom. But, I'm assuming that it won't show anything 18+, and it'll just be that the caution tape's gone. The point of the ad is to say that the DVDs will be uncensored compared to the TV broadcast; my guess is that they're just using the mosaic to make it seem more lascivious than it really is, and to encourage people to buy the DVDs to see it all... (definitely low-brow of them...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 21:35   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 5 was a bit on the ecchi side, so a lot of fanservice and not enough yellow tape to cover it all up because the absence of tape in one occasion of boob grabbing was pretty glaring. Considering all the fanservice, it might come out as a surprise when I say I thought this episode was relaxing.

Screencap for episode 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
my guess is that they're just using the mosaic to make it seem more lascivious than it really is, and to encourage people to buy the DVDs to see it all... (definitely low-brow of them...)
Definitely. Then again, the message in the yellow tape, "Caution: Keep Out" makes things plenty suggestive enough.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 11:04   Link #77
Rin-Sama
Banned

ok... it's offical.... this anime will NEVER make it to US soil.

and the police tape is there for good reason. you cross it and you'll become the molested one when you goto jail! LOL
Old 2006-08-15, 01:26   Link #78
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Episode 5 was a bit on the ecchi side
"A bit on the ecchi side"? Are we talking about chocosis here? That's like saying a particular part of Dragonball was a bit on the silly side(sorry to any db fans out there, but it's true), or an episode of Strawberry Panic was a bit on the yuri side. Though it has a good plot and characters to add value, this show IS a heavy-duty ecchi comedy, and I am certain that, if the producers make even the faintest attempt to show some resemblance to the manga, the ecchi will keep increasing exponentially. I wonder if the last ep is just going to be a big pile of police tape...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 02:00   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I like that.... just a big pile of police tape that you can hear Chocco trying to tunnel through..... "onichan? o onichan?"

The wiggling of the tape would leave it all to the state of mind one is in.
Old 2006-08-15, 10:08   Link #80
Rin-Sama
Banned

Ture but lord fobid if it goes to the blurry censor. "Oni-chan i can't see! it's so blurry!! ONI-CHAN WHERE ARE YOU!"

Tags
comedy, drama, ecchi, nomad, romance, seinen, slice of life