AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 01:12   Link #1
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Winter 2008 Anime Discussion

December:

* Saa! Iko Tamagocchi - [12/01/2007]
* Ah! Megami-sama! Tatakau Tsubasa - [12/08/2007] Supernova, Mellow
* AYAKASHI - [12/12/2007] MFI
* Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ OVA 1- [12/21/2007] Baka-Wolf and m.3.3.w
* Frontiers of MACROSS [12/23/2007] Shinsen-Subs
* Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de 3 -Kurenai no Tsuki- - [12/28/2007]

January:

* Wellber no Monogatari Second Part - [01/01/2008]
* Rosario to Vampire - [01/03/2008] Live-Evil, Ayako
* H2O~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~ - [01/03/2008] Vizard and Rozen, AnimeYoshi
* .HACK//G.U. TRILOGY Perfect Memory Special - [01/04/2008] Noir
* Hatenkou Yuugi - [01/04/2008] Orange-Side
* Zenryoku Usagi - [01/05/2008]
* MAJOR 4th season - [01/05/2008] NEET, Minor Ja Nai
* PERSONA -trinity soul- - [01/05/2008] ainex, Orange-Side, Infinite-Zero, Shinsen-Subs
* Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2 - [01/05/2008] SpoonSubs
* true tears - [01/05/2008] Baka-Wolf and Flomp, AnimeYoshi, Moetaku, Suteki and Doremi
* Shigofumi - [01/05/2008] Baka-Wolf
* Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - [01/05/2008] AnimeYoshi
* Porphy no Nagai Tabi - [01/06/2008]
* Minami-ke ~Okawari~ - [01/06/2008] Anime-Saizen & Anime-Empire, Ayu, Your-Mom
* ARIA The ORIGINATION - [01/07/2008] MFI
*GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO- - [01/07/2008] MFI
* Ookami to Koushinryou - [01/08/2008]
* Noramimi - [01/09/2008]
* Hakaba Kitarou - [01/10/2008]
* Koharu Biyori OVA 2 - [01/13/2008] Baka-Wolf and m.3.3.w
* Moegaku 5- [01/14/2008]
* Yatterman New Series - [01/14/2008]
* OnChan - [01/18/2008]
* Strait Jacket Episode 2 - [01/27/2008] Manga Entertainment
* Kodai Ouja Kyouryuu King D Kids Adventure Yokuruu Densetsu - [02/03/2008]
* YES! Precure GOGOGO! - [02/2008]
* Mnemosyune -Mnemosyune no Musame-tach- - [02/2008]

Spoiler for my opinion:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-01-10 at 03:13. Reason: fixed typo in thread's title
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 01:55   Link #2
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Spoiler for my opinion:
Spoiler for :
Old 2007-12-29, 02:14   Link #3
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh my god, this season is not looking too good. Glad that Clannad and shana are 24 episodish series or I would die.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:23   Link #4
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I don't really care too much for anything but the blind man ^^. I'm eagerly awaiting for H2O ^^

The Oh my Goddess seem to have sparked my interest a bit though.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:50   Link #5
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
So far GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO- is the only series I'm planning on following. Nothing else really looks interesting to me at the moment.
Old 2007-12-29, 04:34   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not a very exciting season... There are good ones though.

Definite watches:

-Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei <--Fan of series
-Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro <--Big fan of series
-Clannad <--Why stop half-way?
-Shakugan no Shana <--Why stop half-way? Getting good too... Maybe.
-Hayate no Gotoku <--Almost done, almost done...
-Bamboo Blade <--Great show!
-Dragonaut <--Not stopping half-way; decent show
-Kimikiss <--Why stop half-way?
-Shugo Chara <--Why stop half-way? Brainless fun...
-Suteki Tantei Labyrinth <--Considerably horrible show, but I won't feel satisfied until I get to the very end *sob*
-Jyushin Enbu <--Brainless, constantly boring, not stopping though... Painfully stupid at times
-Rental Magica <--Has great episodes, has decent episodes, has boring episodes

Will watch because at least the animation doesn't scare me off or the story doesn't bore me off:
-Ayakashi <--Not horribly boring at least...
-Sisters of Wellber 2 <--Saw first season, finish what I started
-Rosario and Vampire <--Brainless fanservice comedy of the season?
-H20 -Footprints in the Sand- <--Not horrible looking... Blind protagonist is a first for me
-true tears <--Not horrible looking
-Shigofumi <--Looks good/promising
-Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de <--Main character sure is bold... Not horrible looking, though that black-haired girl looks like she'll piss me off the moment she opens her mouth...
-Minami-ke ~Okawari~ <--Original was good
-GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO- <--*sigh* Stares at the girls with pitying eyes; saw first season so I shall continue no matter how painful and or how much my urge to erase their existences are
-Ookami to Koushiryou <--Looks interesting

Maybes:

-Mnemosyune -Mnemosyune no Musame-tach-

Basically, if it doesn't bore me enough by the end of the plot summary, I'll watch it to the end.
Kind of big list...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-12-29 at 14:44.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 04:59   Link #7
meh

Is that really a full list of the new shows? That really sucks...

The only show I'm sure to follow is Gunslinger Girls. Macross had some jaw-dropping animation, but I'm not sold on the story yet(the action alone might carry the series though). And I'm not a fan of the main character so far.

Hopefully, a few of the shows I don't know about will turn out good.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 05:13   Link #8
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Some Of These Anime Look Good Like ..
* Wellber no Monogatari Second Part - [01/01/2008]
* Minami-ke ~Okawari~ - [01/06/2008] Anime-Saizen & Anime-Empire, Ayu, Your-Mom
* Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2 - [01/05/2008] SpoonSubs
Old 2007-12-29, 10:51   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

After the disappointing Fall season this upcoming Winter season looks.... very ehh... looks like nothing special like Nodame Cantabile ifrom the winter 07 season.. Only show I'm really interested in is Ookami to Koushinryou and even then I have some misgivings about it because of its staff. Wouldn't mind SZS S2 if I can finish off the first season... and I'll be checking out Mnemosyune as well.

Oh well gives me time to watch everything I missed from this years stellar Spring season while waiting until the 08 Spring season comes around which is shaping up very nicely.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 11:28   Link #10
Falkor

Shows I’m already following

Ah! Megami-sama! Tatakau Tsubasa - [12/08/2007]
One of the first anime I started to watch.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ OVA 1- [12/21/2007]
Lately, I can only expect good drama/romance from Key/Kyoani, but I hope to be proven wrong. The first episode seems to hint good drama kicking in later on.

Frontiers of MACROSS [12/23/2007]
Nice CG compared to those found in Dragounaut… I don’t usually follow mecha-focused shows, but the first episode really hooked me in.

I will definitely follow

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2 - [01/05/2008]
The first season cracked me up with its satiric interpretation of society and its not so subtle dark humor. I still need to finish the last episode (no subs), but I will be looking forward to Shinbo’s wackiness and exceptional/unique hand for direction.

Minami-ke ~Okawari~ - [01/06/2008]
Alternative retelling of the first season done by another studio. The first season is already great, but I’m really curious to check how this season will perform. Although the seiyuus might be the same, deep inside I fear something might go wrong.

ARIA The ORIGINATION - [01/07/2008]
The anime that defines the term Slice-of-Life. I followed past seasons and thoroughly enjoyed them. It’s sad this might be the last season since the manga will be finished around April (?).

GUNSLINGER GIRL -IL TEATRINO- [01/07/2008]
I know nothing about this show, but girls with guns seem to be a good premise.

Koharu Biyori OVA 2 - [01/13/2008]
No more crappy or half-done fan-service. I liked what I found in the first OVA and I wouldn't mind more…

Hatenkou Yuugi - [01/04/2008]
This seems to be about the meaning of life in a similar fashion to Kino no tabi. The backgrounds and characters seem interesting enough to attract my interest.

Mnemosyune -Mnemosyune no Musame-tach- - [02/2008]
I recently checked the trailer, and this show became the one I’m looking forward the most. Reasons being as follows:

Yuri --> ++++ **I love yuri**
Red blood --> ++ ** red blood is as rarely as an extinct animal**
R rating --> ++
psycho girls --> ++++
Horror/action/mistery/gore --> ++
Mamiko Noto --> +++++ **mami-fans rejoice**

I might follow

true tears - [01/05/2008]
Seems to be a good drama.

Shigofumi - [01/05/2008]

I have no idea, but I might give it a try.

Rosario to Vampire - [01/03/2008]
High school comedy setting with some supernatural spices. I fear Gonzo’s trainwreck, so it’s a 50-50 chance of following.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 12:56   Link #11
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Have to watch:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei S2 - LOVED the first season.

Rosario to Vampire - After watching Karin and playing Tsukihime, I've grown quite fond of the female vampire/male human romantic relationship dynamic. I expect to be quite pleased with this one.

H20 ~ Footprints in the Sand - Premise looks really interesting, so I'll be giving it a shot for sure.

True Tears - The girl on the game box is . (Shallow reason, I know )

Ookami to Koushinryou - I don't care if this is the worst anime ever made. It has my fetish . Girl + animal ears = me hyperventilating. That, and the story seems quite refreshing and new.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - Currently watching it and I can't wait for episode 2.

Probably going to watch:
Hatenkou Yuugi - Sounds interesting enough to warrant a try.

PERSONA -trinity soul- - Never played Persona 3, or any Persona game for that matter. Hopefully that won't detract too much, as it looks interesting.

Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - Looks a lot like a harem. I'm usually cautious when it comes to harems because a lot (most) of them are pure, fan-service suckfests. Here's hoping this anime brings something unique to the table. I really like the character designs and that's why I'm trying it.

Straight Jacket Episode 2 - Looks promising. I'll have to check out the first OVA though.

The others:
Either continuations of series that I have not seen, or just not enough information to spark my interest in them yet.

Last edited by Grimkill7; 2007-12-29 at 13:06.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 13:12   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

After what appears to be another season of shows targeting a very narrow demographic, I'm starting to despair that I will be finding much to watch at all in another year or so. I did unearth a few watchable shows this fall like Shion no Ou, Moyashimon, and Ghost Hound, but those were pretty slim pickings indeed. Maybe I'll be lucky and find some other hidden gem to watch, but if the fall/winter of this year is an indicator of where the industry is headed, I don't think I'll be in the audience much longer.

There's always the chance one of these will turn out to be another Seirei no Moribito, Nodame Cantabile, Dennou Coil, or Oh! Edo Rocket. If someone out there with a better sense of what each show is about can point to a couple of shows like these, I'd appreciate it!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 15:07   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

Have you seen what is and could be coming out this Spring? It looks awesome and much better than than these two dull fall/winter seasons.
Old 2007-12-29, 15:15   Link #14
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Have you seen what is and could be coming out this Spring? It looks awesome and much better than than these two dull fall/winter seasons.
Did You See The New Anime In The Spring..?
Old 2007-12-29, 15:24   Link #15
Westlo
Lets be reality

I've read and enjoyed some of the manga for Soul Eater, Special A, To Love Ru, Himitsu, Kurogane no Linebarrel and Detriot Metal City so I'm actually interested in watching them which is more than I can say for 95% of the winter lineup. Then you have the big sequels in Code Geass 2 and Haruhi 2... as well as Macross Frontier which ep 1 aired a few days back as a preview and is the best first episode I've seen in a long time. I'm also very interested in the 2 Production I.G shows coming out in Real Drive and Library War (Noitamina block!) and maybe the Blade of the Immortal anime in whatever form it comes out might show up too.

So yeah safe to say as far as I'm concerned Spring is looking the goods (especially when compared to Fall 07 and Winter 08) and I doubt half the shows have even been announced for it. There's about 5-7 more shows that have been announced that I have interest in that might end up airing this Spring as well.
Old 2007-12-29, 15:25   Link #16
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
any good action coming?
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 15:28   Link #17
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

The only Spring anime that I've seen confirmed so far is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, but that alone makes Spring worthwhile. Waiting for that is like enduring the plague.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 15:30   Link #18
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
The only Spring anime that I've seen confirmed so far is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, but that alone makes Spring worthwhile. Waiting for that is like enduring the plague.
I'm Waiting Too
Old 2007-12-29, 16:35   Link #19
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Family visits are over, holidays until the 7th, time to review the coming season. Since the defintion of "winter season" is somewhat fuzzy I will cover Dec-Mar. I'm referring to the anidb calender which has also the OVAs and movies and only lacks a few kid shows compared to the fansubwiki.

The color coding, in case you couldn't figure it out is won't watch or skipped already, very doubtful, somewhat doubtful to neutral, cautiously optimistic to outright ecstatic.

First the stuff that is not really new, i.e. sequels, prequels, alternative retellings, well the newest members of a larger franchise anyway. In most of these cases I already have a strong opinion based on the older stuff.

I most likely won't watch AA! Megami-sama: Tatakau Tsubasa, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Next Season, the new Bleach movie, .hack//G.U. Trilogy (SIGN put me to sleep), Macross F , Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de 3, Major 4th (I don't like sports anime anyway), Aria the Origination (Aria put me to sleep even faster than .hack/sign), Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go! (the original Pretty Cure was enough), Mai-Otome 0: Cipher (Mai-Hime was OK though), Yet another Fist of the North Star, School Days: Magical Heart Kokoro-chan (although I should watch the series one day, because it seems to have given more people a deep psychological trauma than anything since a certain day in Sep 2001.)

I will certainly check out Sisters of Wellber 2 (raw, if necessary), Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 2, Minami-ke Okawari (although I'm too biased now so this might become a big disappointment), Gunslinger Girl 2.

I don't know about the original, so I will also check out the Yatterman Remake even if it looks pretty retarded to put it mildly. I will also give Hakaba Kitarou a chance should it be subbed (which I doubt though).

Too many sequels and they seem to be getting more every year. Nobody is willing to risk anything anymore. I hope the anime industry won't repeat the mistakes of Hollywood. Now is there actually anything to grace the screen for the first time? Yes there is:

Two things I've seen already Ayakashi (Mishicorps) seems to be standard shounen fighting stuff judging by ep 1, so no. And even if it wasn't: the blatant Ayanami clone and the psycho villian with the unhealthy skin color and pinhead-sized eyes was already enough for me. Yawaraka Sangokushi Tsukisase!! Ryofuko-chan (raw) is plotless loli-fanservice.

Nezumi Monogatari: George to Gerald no Bouken and Cinnamon the Movie - Nezumi Monogatari seem to be meant for the youngest audience. And Noramimi puts me off, visually (yeah, I'm that shallow).

The remaining stuff I will at least check out no matter what if somebody will be subbing it. As for the series:

In Hatenkou Yuugi and Ookami to Koushinryou I'm hoping for some interesting interaction between the male and female lead.

Shigofumi reminds me of Shinigami no Ballad. I'm cautiously optimistic but i don't know if the concept really carries 12 or even more episodes.

Porfy no Nagai Tabi. World Masterpiece Theatre stuff always gets its fair chance. IF it is subbed. (looks at Les Miserables).

Persona: trinity soul. Game based fighting stuff? I'm not so convinced.

Rosario to Vampire seems to be harem/action, something along the lines of Rental Magica, maybe. I will probably skip it quite early.

H2O: Footprints in the Sand, They Are My Noble Masters and True Tears seem to be all hentai game conversions, which is even worse (Then again, Kimikiss managed to entertain me up to now because it managed to obscure its roots).

The remaining non-TV-series are:

Tokyo Marble Chocolate (OVA). Seems to be a romance OVA where "romance" does not equal "a dozen girls with the brain of a toddler swarm around a boy with the emotional depth of a brick". If that's true, then I want this. Badly.

Kara no Kyoukai movie 1-3. All I know is that it is somehow related to Fate/stay night and Shingetsutan Tsukihime both of which never interested me. Meh. Let's wait and see.

Hoshi no Umi no Amuri (OVA). I have no idea what this is about and finding out is probably not even worth the effort. When I see a torrent, I'll get it and watch it. Afterwards I will be wiser.

Mnemosyne (TV Special). Again, no idea, no energy to find out, just bring it on.

Yotsunoha (OVA). See H2O, True Tears, ...
Old 2007-12-29, 16:36   Link #20
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

The spring season line-up is looking very good. A lot less on the bishojo side and a lot more on the...good side.

Nobody should loose faith in anime yet! >_<

EDIT:Kara no Kyoukai Movies are looking pretty good so far.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote