Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-03, 14:11   Link #2361
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Some NIN had time requirements for their Huton for opener, but I don't know if it's true nowadays.
I don't think it'll ever really be the case that NIN don't need a time requirement. We cast huton before pulling and need about 15 seconds before the pull timer even goes off. Gotta have our mudra ready to cast suiton and hit the target with a Vuln. Up debuff. It's crucial.
Old 2015-11-03, 14:23   Link #2362
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I don't think it'll ever really be the case that NIN don't need a time requirement. We cast huton before pulling and need about 15 seconds before the pull timer even goes off. Gotta have our mudra ready to cast suiton and hit the target with a Vuln. Up debuff. It's crucial.
Kassatsu helps there
Old 2015-11-03, 14:30   Link #2363
R.LocK
My turn

Isn't it a DPS-loss to use Kassatsu on Suiton, though? TA is not ninjutsu, after all.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 15:29   Link #2364
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Kassatsu is better off being used after you fired off suiton though. Why waste a kassatsu which has a 2 minute cooldown before the fight starts when you could wait a few extra seconds, use suiton at the opening, then kassatsu into a raiton? Way more damage that way.
Old 2015-11-03, 16:00   Link #2365
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't have healing and tanking macros. I do everything from the bottom and by the book. I just keybind the most important functions to my extra mouse keys. Heck I bought a G602 specifically for FFXIV.
Most of the macros are for situation/reaction reports as far as I see. I actually don't see many people use FFXIV macro as WoW macro in my server (Tomberry), meaning queue up skills so it can be use with a single button, but for calling move/situation, reporting cooldown and such.
Old 2015-11-04, 16:31   Link #2366
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001241.html

Samurai Incoming?
Old 2015-11-04, 18:37   Link #2367
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It's just collaboration event lol. Didn't Yoshida-P said in a live letter that new job won't be added until 4.0 at least?
Old 2015-11-04, 19:48   Link #2368
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
It's just collaboration event lol. Didn't Yoshida-P said in a live letter that new job won't be added until 4.0 at least?
Shuud uuup, doesn't hurt to hope. XD
Old 2015-11-06, 11:41   Link #2369
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Rejoice, the hunt is back!
I really missed the shout spam for invites to rank A NM, the huge crowd of people jumping on them as if they were a pack of starving wolves and the inevitable drama between those who pulled too fast and those who came too late.
Really, how could I live without that for all this time?!

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 21:12   Link #2370
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Rejoice, the hunt is back!
I really missed the shout spam for invites to rank A NM, the huge crowd of people jumping on them as if they were a pack of starving wolves and the inevitable drama between those who pulled too fast and those who came too late.
Really, how could I live without that for all this time?!
I think it's good that it has some utility, personally (as otherwise having all the high-rank hunt mobs just sitting unkilled on all the maps is pointless), but I think it's also good that they're providing a variety of other ways of getting the items (daily/weekly, Void Arc, etc.) so that people can avoid it entirely if they want and not miss out on upgrades. Hopefully they eventually find a good balance for it.

I think the changes coming to the new patch look pretty good overall, particularly a number of long-overdue QoL changes.
Old 2015-11-06, 22:05   Link #2371
Asuras
Dictadere~!

PvP in ffxiv has to be the worst gameplay experience I've had in years.
Old 2015-11-07, 01:13   Link #2372
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm never doing hunts. Ever. Again. There's always some jerkwad rushing everything.

Shield Swipe is now oGCD but 150 potency. I honestly don't know if that's a buff or a nerf.

As someone with no friends and no FC... it's gonna be a bitch getting into exploratory missions.

I'll be hanging my Haurchefant Portrait above my hut tub. Srsly.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 01:29   Link #2373
Alchemist007
*Author

Hunts are fine if you have a good LS with people actually reporting finds. I probably get to 75-80% of things in time to for full credit.
Old 2015-11-07, 08:01   Link #2374
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Hunts are fine if you have a good LS with people actually reporting finds. I probably get to 75-80% of things in time to for full credit.
Hunt LS are the main cause of drama though. People report stuff once there's already a huge group gathered in front of the NM, then those who rush to the area after the report get pissed because, from their perspective, from the announcement and the kill merely passed 1 min or less.

I used to be in a hunt LS but I tossed it away long before hunts became irrelevant, because of how retarded all the announcements were.

Good things for you if you really have such an awesome hunt LS, but most of them are ruined by retarded people or trolls. And let's not even talk about all the fake announcements which are then linked and relinked among all the hunt LS in the server.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 14:10   Link #2375
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm never doing hunts. Ever. Again. There's always some jerkwad rushing everything.

Shield Swipe is now oGCD but 150 potency. I honestly don't know if that's a buff or a nerf.

As someone with no friends and no FC... it's gonna be a bitch getting into exploratory missions.

I'll be hanging my Haurchefant Portrait above my hut tub. Srsly.
Which server were you on again? I seem to recall it being Couerl.
Old 2015-11-08, 23:43   Link #2376
Pennywhether

Quote:
I get the impression a lot of folks doing PvP are only there to half-assedly farm esoterics. =S
Pennywhether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-09, 00:29   Link #2377
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm kinda glad 3.1 is coming out right as Fallout 4 is, I was tempted to get that just a bit but something about it just doesn't feel quite right or as interesting as I would hope it to be. I just know for sure I'll be busy with the new content so I wouldn't be playing as much anyways. Just can't justify $60 (or $48 as I could get with gmg...the biggest temptation for a new release). But this way I get to see all the user reviews before getting it hopefully during the holiday sales.
Old 2015-11-09, 02:56   Link #2378
Pennywhether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm kinda glad 3.1 is coming out right as Fallout 4 is, I was tempted to get that just a bit but something about it just doesn't feel quite right or as interesting as I would hope it to be. I just know for sure I'll be busy with the new content so I wouldn't be playing as much anyways. Just can't justify $60 (or $48 as I could get with gmg...the biggest temptation for a new release). But this way I get to see all the user reviews before getting it hopefully during the holiday sales.
Yeah, I was tempted to get Fallout 4 for a bit as well, but it's one of those games I know will be on Steam at a deep discount with all of the DLC in a few years time. Sure, I miss out on the conversation when the game comes out, but $60+ for a game is tough to justify for me these days.
Pennywhether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-09, 06:05   Link #2379
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
its definetly not fun.........
Old 2015-11-09, 08:03   Link #2380
R.LocK
My turn

All these QoL changes. /swoon

Also, SS now using up only 60TP is a big help. Verrry big help.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg