AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-06-25, 09:28   Link #241
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Other then Dual! and GXP and maybe Isekai, which are by the same writer and in the Tenchi series, the others arguably can be said to be love (insert polygon) stuck. Not exactly an Harem end.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:32   Link #242
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
............Fortunately Japan is only 1hr ahead of here www

Nah...they were just describing the timeline and sharing their own individual artwork. Inia's CV made some really cute BETA pics BTW...yeah I would gladly have them as a shirt print...

There were some event timings listed in Japan too but I didn't really take note due to me not being able to go anyway...
I see. I guess I did not miss much then.

Hey, I have a magnificent idea! Why don't we switch places? You'll love the states, I'm sure of it. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Name One Series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
Asura Cryin'
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures
IS: Infinite Stratos (well this is arguably a mecha)
Kurogane no Linebarrels
Lime-iro

That's pretty much what i remember, now i can give an even bigger list of mecha anime's that aren't harem so i do agree that the statement is voided .
Guys... GUYS! I can't believe you all forgot to mention Unlimited and Alternative.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:38   Link #243
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
Asura Cryin'
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures
IS: Infinite Stratos (well this is arguably a mecha)
Kurogane no Linebarrels
Lime-iro

That's pretty much what i remember, now i can give an even bigger list of mecha anime's that aren't harem so i do agree that the statement is voided .
Since when is Asura a harem....there's only Misao and Takatsuki...

Quote:
Hey, I have a magnificent idea! Why don't we switch places? You'll love the states, I'm sure of it. XD
No, thanks wwww
Old 2012-06-25, 09:43   Link #244
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
Spoiler for Heard that:
So few? Given Muv-Luv's roots as an eroge, I would definitely think that there would have been more heroines in that area. Given how many pictures there are of Inia compared to the other characters in this series, I bet that many people would have liked her to be "winnable" too. Of course, if Inia was "winnable" in an eroge, she likely wouldn't be voiced by Noto Mamiko--it's likely someone else like Shimizu Ai or Gotou Yuuko would have taken her place instead.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:45   Link #245
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Harem end means polygamy. And who the hell do you end up with in MLA?
Spoiler for spoiler:
Ah, you meant harem end. nvm.

Quote:
No, thanks wwww
And here I was, getting ready to pack up and ettle things with the immigration. No need to be shy, if you ever need to, just hit me up. :P

Setting my terrible joke aside, an anime has been greatly desired for this franchise, to think that it used to be just a dream, but now... just one more week. How time flies indeed... ;_;
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 09:51   Link #246
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Ah, you meant harem end. nvm.

Setting my terrible joke aside, an anime has been greatly desired for this franchise, to think that it used to be just a dream, but now... just one more week. How time flies indeed... ;_;
Yes, after 10 years and lots of MLA merchandise imports, things are finally better... Salutations to everyone who has proven there is an overseas market for MLA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So few? Given Muv-Luv's roots as an eroge, I would definitely think that there would have been more heroines in that area. Given how many pictures there are of Inia compared to the other characters in this series, I bet that many people would have liked her to be "winnable" too. Of course, if Inia was "winnable" in an eroge, she likely wouldn't be voiced by Noto Mamiko--it's likely someone else like Shimizu Ai or Gotou Yuuko would have taken her place instead.
MLA has expended beyond its eroge roots if you look at the lack of it in ML Chronicles 3. It no longer needs it to sell.
Old 2012-06-26, 01:36   Link #247
Mazryonh

Quote:
MLA has expended beyond its eroge roots if you look at the lack of it in ML Chronicles 3. It no longer needs it to sell.
There's no reason it can't revisit them. The "plugsuits" are very much a remnant of the series eroge roots. And I'm sure that some who disagree with Yuuya's choice of heroine in the upcoming series would like to change that choice if the series ever comes out in eroge form again.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:17   Link #248
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
So is there anything necessary to know before watching TE, save for doujinshi of course
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:22   Link #249
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Well I would say to play the VNs (which anyone should)... otherwise not so much else that I'm aware of.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 16:27   Link #250
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A few important notes:

1. I removed a whole bunch of posts that crossed into spoiler territory. Per our Spoiler Policy, details from the games and other related source material must not be discussed in this thread. Next time, warnings/infractions/bans will be issued. I allowed a few limited posts above (that give a vague idea of what to expect), but in general no spoilers are allowed.

2. I moved the Muv-Luv General thread to the Games section of the forum so that it would be more visible (rather than keeping it hidden in the retired KgNE sub-forum). Spoiler-driven discussion can go in that thread.
Old 2012-06-26, 17:15   Link #251
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Well I would say to play the VNs (which anyone should)... otherwise not so much else that I'm aware of.
Games are not an option, since I won't to dual boot with a trashy operating system just for VNs. Is there a synopsis somewhere? preferably in english, otherwise greek, german or japanese should do.

I remember that there were two or three official manga about alternative... are these loyal to those game?
Old 2012-06-26, 19:06   Link #252
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Games are not an option, since I won't to dual boot with a trashy operating system just for VNs. Is there a synopsis somewhere? preferably in english, otherwise greek, german or japanese should do.
You should consider virtual machines; no need to dual-boot! But anyway, it's probably better to ask this question in the game thread, since the answer shouldn't be posted here.
Old 2012-06-26, 20:33   Link #253
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:

I remember that there were two or three official manga about alternative... are these loyal to those game?
If you want the 5 cent history, just look at the offical TE website, there's an english ver of the MLA world history.

If you want the graduate course, without going through the VNs, there are a few sources around. Just google them.

If you are asking what you need to know, the 5 cent history is enough, since the MLA series follows a different character and backstory totally. If you want full immersion though, reading up ML:E, ML:U, MLA would have you in tears.

Go to the other thread if you are looking for MLA info. We have to keep it down over here
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...90#post4224990
Old 2012-06-26, 21:58   Link #254
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Eh? Why would you need to dual boot?
Old 2012-06-26, 22:03   Link #255
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You should consider virtual machines; no need to dual-boot! But anyway, it's probably better to ask this question in the game thread, since the answer shouldn't be posted here.
Quote:
Eh? Why would you need to dual boot?
I don't use windows any more. So it's either dual boot (fast but pain in the ass to set up properly) or VMs which are slow and have a ton of compatibility issues.

Anyway, reading about the setting, it seems that the Total Eclipse novels adapted here are not directly related plot-wise to the VNs.
Old 2012-06-26, 22:12   Link #256
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I don't use windows any more. So it's either dual boot (fast but pain in the ass to set up properly) or VMs which are slow and have a ton of compatibility issues.

Anyway, reading about the setting, it seems that the Total Eclipse novels adapted here are not directly related plot-wise to the VNs.
Oh...I see.

No, is like err side story.
Old 2012-06-27, 23:21   Link #257
Miraluka
Banned

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/28017088.html
Series are going to have a game for PS3 and Xbox360.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:18   Link #258
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Oh yes!!

Finally piloting TSFs in a game!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 00:54   Link #259
liemtodaisu

Wut?!! I thought it's just gonna be a visual novel.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:02   Link #260
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The opening theme will be performed by Kumi Koda (lol I'm not joking ).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen