AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 19:23   Link #2581
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

yesss aizen is back baby! Let the trolling commence!

It's probably going to be something like "Did you think you were alone when you were with that quincy woman. No i was in the bushes watching. I saw you two make a baby and have been watching her ever since until it is born. Also I'm on a horse."
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 19:46   Link #2582
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
But we have to find out if Ishida is Ichigo's cousin first
Not until we find out that Aizen is Ichigo's uncle.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:02   Link #2583
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
yesss aizen is back baby! Let the trolling commence!

It's probably going to be something like "Did you think you were alone when you were with that quincy woman. No i was in the bushes watching. I saw you two make a baby and have been watching her ever since until it is born. Also I'm on a horse."
'I have the videotape of your son's conception right here and have already played it twice for everyone. I have already determined that your son will become my bitch. Just as planned.'
Old 2013-03-06, 20:11   Link #2584
Sasukemaru
Banned

Rangiku did see Isshin which makes this kind of weird...

Before Ichigo fought Aizen he landed 10 feet away from Rangiku and Gin and placed Isshin on the ground right in front of her.

Also there is no possible way Yamamoto doesn't know Isshin is Ichigo's dad, I refuse to believe he was THAT stupid.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 20:13   Link #2585
Alchemist007
*Author

Yay more Aizen! I'm actually waiting to see how Masaki is still alive. It's just a a matter of the plot being convenient enough to reveal it.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:15   Link #2586
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Rangiku did see Isshin which makes this kind of weird...

Before Ichigo fought Aizen he landed 10 feet away from Rangiku and Gin and placed Isshin on the ground right in front of her.

Also there is no possible way Yamamoto doesn't know Isshin is Ichigo's dad, I refuse to believe he was THAT stupid.
Rangiku was either unconscious or too busy mourning Gin if I remember correctly.
So, I can see where neither she or Whitey knows that Isshin's still around.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:25   Link #2587
kitten320

Going by Fullbring arc Ichigo was always monitored so not seeing Isshin is impossible.
Getsuga Tenshou is also a shikai power as far as I remember besides there is no way Yamamoto wouldn't know it. You need to have bankai to become a captain so there had to be witnesses and there is no way Yamamoto wouldn't know about Ichigo's powers either.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:25   Link #2588
Sasukemaru
Banned

She wasn't unconscious she looked right at him when he landed and put Isshin down...

Not to mention after Ichigo face palmed Aizen away she had to be sitting next to Isshin for a good 20 minutes while ichi fought aizen.

The chances of her not noticing her old captain who has been missing for about half a century laying 10 feet from her are about slim to....not a chance in hell.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:28   Link #2589
ChampDream
Alive

maybe Isshin erased everybody memories so that they could no find him and that way he could protect his family?
Old 2013-03-06, 20:32   Link #2590
Sasukemaru
Banned

Not even Aizen in one of his elaborate plots would be able to pull off erasing everyones mind in SS. The chances a meat head like Isshin could are 0.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:49   Link #2591
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Not even Aizen in one of his elaborate plots would be able to pull off erasing everyones mind in SS. The chances a meat head like Isshin could are 0.
You overestimate Soul Society. This is the group that allowed Rukia to be executed just because she shared her powers with Ichigo to stop hollows, knew that Ichigo would be betrayed by Ginjo but they allowed Ginjo do as he pleased, sent all the captains to fight the VR and they all used bankai. Maybe Isshin can pull a keikaku on SS.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 21:03   Link #2592
Sasukemaru
Banned

That would just be horrible writing though...

If all the people who know Isshin just didn't bring it up to Ichigo for plot purposes, I can accept that.

But if Kubo is trying to sell that nobody knew Ichigo was Isshin's son, or nobody saw Isshin when he was right in their faces, or that somehow Isshin erased EVERYONES memory...no, im not buying that.
Old 2013-03-06, 21:34   Link #2593
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
LOL, I enjoy Bleach as much as the next person, but this chapter was one big ass pull. WTF is an Ausachi? The term has never been used prior to this arc and I can't even remember what its supposed to be. It just seems like a term that was thrown in to say, "Hey look Ichigo isn't a shinigami," despite all evidence saying otherwise. I guess Zangetsu is just his imaginary friend. .
The term has been around since the SS arc and is the nameless unrealesed sword that all Shinagami are given. I'm starting to think they might not be playing the Ichigo isn't a Shinigami card so much as Zangetsu never was an Ausachi since Ichigo formed it from a broken hilt so Ouetsu can't reforge it only Ichigo can

Quote:
Then there's the whole Isshin was from the Shiba clan. As cool as it is to tie into the significance of the mentioned similarity between Kaien and Ichigo near the beginning of the series, as others have already said, there's a major plot hole with absolutely nobody recognizing Isshin. Maybe Kubo will think up some reason, but nonetheless, obvious ass pull is obvious.
As I stated before I belive Shiro has only been a captain for 50 years, The same amount of time Rukia has been a Shinigami so she would have never have seen him. It also seems that he became a captain after Shinji's group left 100 years ago. Well assumeing he didn't talk to them off screen they only saw him durring the Azein fight after which Ichigo lost his powers so it's not like they had time to talk about it while Ichigo could see him. I think it is safe to say Isshin has one of the untraceable giga
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 22:56   Link #2594
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The term has been around since the SS arc and is the nameless unrealesed sword that all Shinagami are given.
Really? I just recently watched the SS arc and I can't for the life of me remember anyone using the term. Maybe it was a translation thing.
Old 2013-03-07, 00:00   Link #2595
Langus
Optimus Prime

I actually really like this chapter, apart from the massive plot holes. I can't express how pleasantly surprised I was to see Gin back from the dead. Hope we get to see more of his special brand of crazy in future chapters.
Old 2013-03-07, 00:08   Link #2596
rpgman1

This was a twist. So Isshin is from a lesser branch of the Shiba clan. So he did knew Rangiku and Toshiro back then. Looking at Aizen, Gin, and Tosen, it looks like it happened after Urahara, Yoruichi, and the Vizards left Soul Society since Gin is a captain during that time period (wearing his haori).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 01:13   Link #2597
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Really? I just recently watched the SS arc and I can't for the life of me remember anyone using the term. Maybe it was a translation thing.
i'm not sure either. the only place i can think of would be the cave yoruichi trained ichigo with bankai. were those fake swords called ausachi?

about isshin, let's remember that he must have been a very powerful captain. when fighting aizen, most captain level shinigami couldn't do crap. only isshin, yoruichi and kisuke even had what could be called a fight, and yama jii of course. in other words, isshin should be a pretty memorable guy

and during the 'turn back the pendulum' arc was there a squad 10 captain? i dont remember one. i think 10 was the only one not mentioned iirc. so it was probably isshin and he was away from SS for some reason. if thats true then he may have been a captain for a long time
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 01:58   Link #2598
Kon the Magnificent

Quote:
She wasn't unconscious she looked right at him when he landed and put Isshin down...

Not to mention after Ichigo face palmed Aizen away she had to be sitting next to Isshin for a good 20 minutes while ichi fought aizen.

The chances of her not noticing her old captain who has been missing for about half a century laying 10 feet from her are about slim to....not a chance in hell.
I have to agree on this. They may have talked during the final bout between Ichigo and Aizen. It may have happened off screen. We'll have to wait to see how Kubo pull this off.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 03:40   Link #2599
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

If Isshin was just a normal shinigami and was around when Aizen was making sure all of the upper echelons had seen his shikai, how was Isshin able to fight on par with (and at times surpass) Aizen in Fake Karakura? If he'd been training, that might make more sense, but he'd not been using his powers for at least the last 16 years - even if Aizen decided not to use his hypnosis, the power differential should have been such that Isshin would be on the ground with the rest of Aizen's victims
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 03:44   Link #2600
Kon the Magnificent

Maybe Isshin skipped out on Aizen's demo, you know, most likely napping in a tree at the time, sounds like something he would do. History does prove this to be true when it comes to his personality.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter