Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2018-08-03, 17:13   Link #3121
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Here's a first pass, for whatever it's worth. I'm not an expert, but worth a try. Open to any corrections (as she was talking pretty fast and a bit hard to hear above the music).

かつて世界を握り、世界を壊した男がいた。
その男ルルーシュ・ヴィ・ブリタニア亡き後の世界。
そこにあるもう実情か、混沌か。
時代を制憲し一台ムーヴメント築き上げったコードギアス。
その新たな扉が開く。
【復活のルルーシュ】
「私にわまだ約束がある。」

There was once a man who grasped at the world and broke it. That man was Lelouch Vi Brittania, and this is the world after his death. Is what we find here reality, or is it chaos? At the dawn of the new era, the power that brought about the first movement -- Code Geass -- opens a new door. Lelouch of the Re;surrection. "I still have a promise to keep."

As it relates to the "passionate debate" above (which is the real reason I was here), I wouldn't read too much into this short narration, as it's very open to interpretation. (The main purpose is just to establish that this movie occurs after the events of the earlier anime, and to very vaguely set the stage.) I'd ask that people avoid getting too heated and stop the personal attacks. Have to wait and see what happens.
Thanks, I appreciate it, I really do.

Now, I can finally put the visuals together with what she's saying and I can really get a better feel for what this sequel's gonna be about.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 02:33   Link #3122
devilo96

But is so weird...some fb pages told us that..its anime project start at feb 2019....not a movie...idk but in movie...i feel they cant show up all the story...maybe we can get a few part like akito
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 04:26   Link #3123
B214

They already confirm its a one movie sequel, plans can change but for now it's only a single movie. Maybe they could release a prologue OVA for the movie but I kinda doubt it.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 13:26   Link #3124
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
They already confirm its a one movie sequel, plans can change but for now it's only a single movie. Maybe they could release a prologue OVA for the movie but I kinda doubt it.
Maybe, Ban Dai/Sunrise, is just sticking their proverbial toe in the water with this movie-sequel to see if this new story will be profitable, and if so, they may make more Code Geass (in whatever form) from there?
Old 2018-08-05, 06:15   Link #3125
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Maybe, Ban Dai/Sunrise, is just sticking their proverbial toe in the water with this movie-sequel to see if this new story will be profitable, and if so, they may make more Code Geass (in whatever form) from there?
if the movie can become top grossing in few days maybe we can get another part...cuz sunrise love moneymilking their series
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 12:18   Link #3126
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
if the movie can become top grossing in few days maybe we can get another part...cuz sunrise love moneymilking their series
Indeed Sunrise does.
Old 2018-08-05, 22:07   Link #3127
The 48th Ronin

Sunrise played safe here. If the movie flops, well, they won't lose much.

Personally, if they're making more Code Geass, better make it a full metaseries like Gundam.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 06:57   Link #3128
Malicre

I'm so glad this turned out to be a cash grab movie and not a legit 3rd season, means i can keep the original ending cannon.

Dreams do come true.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 07:17   Link #3129
B214

It's a legit sequel though.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 08:11   Link #3130
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Personally, if they're making more Code Geass, better make it a full metaseries like Gundam.
The problem is, the hook of CG is still the main cast of Lelouch and friends. They need to do more than Akito to establish that the franchise can run without the main cast from R1 & R2. Akito is CG's Gundam 0080. They need to do more side-story anime to establish whether CG can go on to be a mega-franchise worthy of various AU stories like Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
I'm so glad this turned out to be a cash grab movie and not a legit 3rd season, means i can keep the original ending cannon.
Canon has layers. At the most basic level, what's deemed "canon" is every official product release by the company who holds the license. But in order to not confuse consumers, canon is divided to several timelines/continuities. Like in UC Gundam, there are TV-timeline, Movie-timeline, Novel-timeline, Manga-timeline, etc. This R3 seems to continue the R2 story or at least the compilation-movie version.
Old 2018-08-07, 08:19   Link #3131
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
or at least the compilation-movie version.
Correct, it completes the movie version which doesn't mean jack to me.
Old 2018-08-07, 14:47   Link #3132
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Correct, it completes the movie version which doesn't mean jack to me.
Well, the comps are more or less a safety net to appease fans who take stances similar to yours. (I've made a post about it two pages back, you can see what I said there.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2018-08-07, 23:31   Link #3133
darthfury78

I always assume that Lelouch of the Re;surrection was going to be a TV series instead of a movie. Quite a bummer. I find movies to be quite condensed at times.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 01:56   Link #3134
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Just finished watching Oudou (Comp 3) and man was it one hell of a ride. I enjoyed it from the bottom of my heart and while I do have some gripes here and there, it was overall pretty solid and did the original series justice.

Spoiler for Thoughts and criticisms on movie:
Old 2018-10-04, 09:18   Link #3135
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Just finished watching Oudou (Comp 3) and man was it one hell of a ride. I enjoyed it from the bottom of my heart and while I do have some gripes here and there, it was overall pretty solid and did the original series justice.

The main series will always be the real series to me and the movies will always be the "what could've been" alternative universe. I have zero interest in watching them butcher code geass so the movies are a hard pass for me.
Old 2018-10-04, 11:38   Link #3136
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post

Thank you for the summary.
Spoiler for discussion of spoiler material.:
Old 2018-10-04, 11:52   Link #3137
stardrago

So a new 30 sec trailer has been posted and featured some shots with Knightmare frames and a closer look of the new Shinkirou that Suzaku as Zero pilots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3ZgEwUnHs
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 13:23   Link #3138
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
The main series will always be the real series to me and the movies will always be the "what could've been" alternative universe. I have zero interest in watching them butcher code geass so the movies are a hard pass for me.
Honestly speaking, while there are some things in the original series that are undoubtedly superior to the comps, I'll have to admit that some of the changes they made in the comps are welcome.

As a CG fan, I'd recommend giving it watch. I'm not saying that the comps in their entirety are superior to the original or that you should treat it as gospel, but there is some merit in watching it tbh. There would now be a divide between those who'd prefer the original and those who prefer the comps. As for me, I'm torn between both and quite honestly don't know which one I would put above the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Thank you for the summary.
Spoiler for discussion of spoiler material.:
Initially I wasn't going to mention anything about it, but then I gave it a second thought and felt that I'd address it as I was already giving my thoughts/opinions on the movie.

It just struck me as odd. That's when I put on my tin foil hat and more or less came up with the reasons highlighted in my initial post. I'm actually quite fine with the removal of the cart driver as I didn't believe in it myself back in the day. I leaned more towards the code theory and well, that too was brilliantly disproved in this movie.

However, by the same token, them going out of their way like that now lends credibility to those theories in the original timeline and the implication that the ending was indeed open to one's own interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
So a new 30 sec trailer has been posted and featured some shots with Knightmare frames and a closer look of the new Shinkirou that Suzaku as Zero pilots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3ZgEwUnHs
Nice. Thanks for posting it. Now this is how you do a teaser!! That last teaser we got did squat to hype me up for the movie, but this one certainly makes me feel excitement.
Old 2018-10-04, 14:13   Link #3139
coded321
He Who Games

im a little confused here, is this a sequel or a recap movie?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 15:01   Link #3140
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
im a little confused here, is this a sequel or a recap movie?
It's a recap, but alters some scenes from the original series and adds in a few entirely new scenes as well. These recaps basically establish an alternate timeline and the sequel movie (Lelouch of the Re;surrection) is set in this alternate timeline.

So when you see us talking about the 'sequel', we're referring to Lelouch of the Re;surrection which is set to air Feb, 2019.

Tags
drama, mecha