AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 18:57   Link #3021
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@haigon: I originally made EoA with Satsujinki's mystic eyes of death perception as the model
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 04:11   Link #3022
agetreme
Just another Idiot

New comment about the original Esper ability is still welcome. At the meantime....

Now onward to magic side.

Edit: Redacted.

Spoiler for New Era of Magician:

Spoiler for Monger/ Urban Mages:

Spoiler for Coder/Code Wizard:

Spoiler for Additional note:

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-25 at 12:53.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 04:39   Link #3023
tsunade666

^that's actually nice. The way their magic works is unique and gendai mahoujin reminds me of a novel and anime before. Entitled Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahō. The setting for magic there is using program to initiate the magic. Program based on electronic computers.

The use of rumors to power up their magic. Hmm interesting indeed.

But there is a misconception on the magic side. When they are using idol theory. They indeed burrow the power from higher plane but its more like burrowing the knowledge and form of it and empowering it by their own mana which is why the fake or copy can't compete on the original. The magicians that tried to emulate the power of higher beings can't produce the same amount of mana/energy/telesma to produce such phenomenon. They don't burrow the mana or telesma because its ever present in the world. Mana is everywhere while telesma or divine energy is.... well I don't know the source >_> its divine energy which is different from mana. Telesma was emitted by celestial beings while saints and the like can produce it. Saints can take it inside their body to power up their magic while the likes of Levinia can use it to power her spell.

Telesma or divine energy wasn't classified but its the energy that made up the divine beings.

A problem on that setting is the power curriculum. Those magicians can hide in the academy city by pretending to become a magician but it must be cleared that they probably take the test to become an esper but they don't take the drugs or brain alteration which is part of the power curriculum program. Because once one take part of it. A magician won't be a magician anymore. Look at Tsuchimikado. The altered brain release AIM which opposes the MANA. The science side mess up with your brain so that it can produce AIM to become an esper.

You can just say that they pretend to become a level 0 and since they are allies of the academy city. The dark side might help them on that problem as long as one has use for the other. They are branded espers but fake document because there is no way around it when a magician turns into an esper or an esper turn into magician.

Unless one modifies the body into different structure that can take on AIM and MANA together then its impossible. (For now)
Old 2013-03-25, 09:49   Link #3024
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
New comment about the original Esper ability is still welcome. At the meantime....

Now onward to magic side.

Spoiler for New Mage:
Pretty nice.

There is just one thing that I would like to point out: in the Indexverse, the general Japanese term for a mage is Majutsushi. On the other hand, the term Madoushi (at times translated as wizard) is used to refer specifically to those who have read and successfully mastered the contents of a grimoire.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:56   Link #3025
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Entitled Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahō. The setting for magic there is using program to initiate the magic. Program based on electronic computers.
Actually, I do have another Cult who did just that (using programs as magic).

I dubbed it Code of God. And the Cult is the reason why Freedom Information is in AC in the first place.

Since Freedom Information name doesn't sound very religious or cult like, I think I will combine the two cults into one (cutting down the number of Factions in the story)

Quote:
The use of rumors to power up their magic. Hmm interesting indeed.

But there is a misconception on the magic side. When they are using idol theory. They indeed burrow the power from higher plane but its more like burrowing the knowledge and form of it and empowering it by their own mana which is why the fake or copy can't compete on the original. The magicians that tried to emulate the power of higher beings can't produce the same amount of mana/energy/telesma to produce such phenomenon. They don't burrow the mana or telesma because its ever present in the world. Mana is everywhere while telesma or divine energy is.... well I don't know the source >_> its divine energy which is different from mana. Telesma was emitted by celestial beings while saints and the like can produce it. Saints can take it inside their body to power up their magic while the likes of Levinia can use it to power her spell.

Telesma or divine energy wasn't classified but its the energy that made up the divine beings.
I see. Will adjust it to "Urban Mages don't use knowledge derived from Divine origin but instead emulates rumors through the use of magic."

Quote:
A problem on that setting is the power curriculum. Those magicians can hide in the academy city by pretending to become a magician but it must be cleared that they probably take the test to become an esper but they don't take the drugs or brain alteration which is part of the power curriculum program. Because once one take part of it. A magician won't be a magician anymore. Look at Tsuchimikado. The altered brain release AIM which opposes the MANA. The science side mess up with your brain so that it can produce AIM to become an esper.

You can just say that they pretend to become a level 0 and since they are allies of the academy city. The dark side might help them on that problem as long as one has use for the other. They are branded espers but fake document because there is no way around it when a magician turns into an esper or an esper turn into magician.

Unless one modifies the body into different structure that can take on AIM and MANA together then its impossible. (For now)
Yea.... How about they didn't actually go through the brain alteration program but create fake documents that they did (since they are Computer/internet-based magician, that shouldn't be a difficult task for them).

(Reason why I don't want them to touch with Dark Side is because I want the Cults to stay in extreme low profile)

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Pretty nice.

There is just one thing that I would like to point out: in the Indexverse, the general Japanese term for a mage is Majutsushi. On the other hand, the term Madoushi (at times translated as wizard) is used to refer specifically to those who have read and successfully mastered the contents of a grimoire.
Opps.. my bad. But Code of God (Coders) are Madoushi (mastered the content of a grimoire)....so....it's okay?
Old 2013-03-25, 14:18   Link #3026
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post

Yea.... How about they didn't actually go through the brain alteration program but create fake documents that they did (since they are Computer/internet-based magician, that shouldn't be a difficult task for them).

(Reason why I don't want them to touch with Dark Side is because I want the Cults to stay in extreme low profile)
Yap, this is much better. Let them hack their way and create fake ID's.

This will help you not clash with the initial setting of the story.
Old 2013-03-26, 08:25   Link #3027
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I redacted the post

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3023

Included Code of Gods.
Old 2013-03-26, 09:03   Link #3028
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Does Touma's harem have more timid girls or violent girls?
Old 2013-03-26, 09:23   Link #3029
tsunade666

^There are more timid girls than violent ones. The only violent girls are index and misaka. The other are timid, shy or strong willed type.
Old 2013-03-26, 09:25   Link #3030
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I know you try to deny it, but ITSUWA dude =_=

There's no such thing as a timid/shy girl- everyone of them has a violent button.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 09:27   Link #3031
tsunade666

No!!!!!, CHAOS ITSUWA IS A SHY AND TIMID GIRL!!!!!

that is her twin! the one who wants to stab Aqua to death!!!!
Old 2013-03-26, 09:31   Link #3032
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ermm... So ll of them are bipolar?
Old 2013-03-26, 09:34   Link #3033
tsunade666

-_- okay Itsuwa well..... she is shy and timid girl but when someone hurt Touma. She goes bitch insane and goes kill the guy who hurt him. Itsuwa is good at housework, cooking and all around nice and kind she is absolutely lovely!!!!
Old 2013-03-26, 09:39   Link #3034
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I guess it must be hard to make a mark in the harem when everyone has the same personality
Old 2013-03-26, 09:57   Link #3035
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Ermm... So ll of them are bipolar?
I'm saying none of them are shy and timid.

And since when does not being a single archtype equals bipolar? Are people not allow to get angry?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 12:24   Link #3036
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
I guess it must be hard to make a mark in the harem when everyone has the same personality
*Cough*Infinite Stratos*cough*

=

Distracted by shiny game called Bioshock Infinite at the moment.... may take a while before start typing a new story.

Unrelated notes:

> Named Level one Espers are actually quite rare in story.

>Esper's power is related to their personality. So.... technically Esper's ability is personality power?

> Going to add more crazy ability. Ranging from totally useless to Fueled by rule of Cool (literally).

>Going to rewrite the story again. (mind-screw should be reserved for later).

> Arranging the plots I had along a timeline.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:55   Link #3037
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I thought they were shy and all timid at one point, then suddenly murderous at another. So I thought bipoolar. Though that may not be what it means.
Old 2013-03-29, 01:08   Link #3038
tsunade666

The type of god/goddess that I'm looking for,

the first one is a vicious, merciless, wicked and like rabid god. The type that is pure malevolent of evil or so his exterior projects but the truth is his legend might be shrouded by his/her wildness and craziness but he/she is kind in the inside and has a connection to healing or revitalization or resurrection or maybe reincarnation. I need an authority that can be both dangerous and can heal. I don't plan to do the kiss thing to just heal someone (though maybe not all the time )

the other god is a god of trickery and not Loki (yet, have plans for that guy) I'm looking for a god that is known for his kindness to his people that he/she ended up being sacrifice or betraying the people for his wicked plan. A god of betrayal and destruction.

Finally is a god of pure evil that the other gods even are scared of him. The authority that can be usurped are the likes that aim to KILL or corrupt a weapon to deal inside and out damage.

That's for the gods/goddesses that I seek.

I plan to use science side weapon instead of esper abilities because I like them more so expect dragon rider back in action or a knightmare frame that Telistina used ah ah I'm having much fun planning this thing. But I really suck at planning the magic that will be usurped because most of the time I plan to use the same thing index verse where they usually don't rely on pure ability to win.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:26   Link #3039
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Celt, egypptian/rs goetia, hindu/norse/arabic
Old 2013-03-29, 20:28   Link #3040
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Celt, egypptian/rs goetia, hindu/norse/arabic
You certainly narrowed it down