Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-10, 13:27   Link #1
aikawa
hontoni anime fans

anynone knows a good anime these days??

OMG

I think japanese doesn't make some "kakui" animes like kimi ga nozomu or Gundam seed again??

Or Do i miss something??

please tell me what other cool animes you guys have watched

thx b4
Old 2004-04-10, 13:59   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Welcome to the forums, it would help if you mention what type/genre of anime you really like...
But here are some I consider among the best anime i've seen and which I consider more or less classics

Ah! My Goddess : Romance, Magic, Comedy
When college student Keiichi Morisato dials the wrong number while ordering for some food at his dormitory, he accidentally gets connected to the Goddess Hotline and a beautiful goddess named Belldandy appears out of a mirror in front of him. After getting kicked out of the dorm, Keiichi and Belldandy move to an old shrine and soon afterwards, Belldandy's sisters Urd and Skuld move in.

Chobits :Romance, Comedy
In the future, personal computers have developped into "Persocons", mobile computers that look like human beings. One day Hideki Motosuwa finds a Persocon that has been thrown away and decides to keep it. When he turns on the Persocon, all she can say is "Chii" so he decides to name her that. After a while it starts to become apparent that Chii is more than an average Persocon. Having much better performance, it seems that Chii might be a "Chobit", a type of advanced Persocon rumoured to have independant thought.

Cowboy Bebop: (a classic) Adventure, SciFi
Spike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.

Full Metal Panic : Mecha Action Comedy
Sagara, an elite soldier is assigned to the duty of protecting a girl named Kaname Chidori, who attends high school in Japan. To accomplish this task, he pretends to be a transfer student attending at Kaname's school. As Sagara settles into his new role as classmate, a massive plot unfolds beginning with the kidnapping of Kaname.

Ghost in the Shell : Science Fiction
In the future, life between the digital and physical world has been blurred. The boundary of technology and humanity has been stretched beyond imagination with lives being led in both the electronic and physical worlds. With the melding of man and machine – a new cybernetic level of existence is being created - An existence that continues to redefine mankind.

Neon Genesis Evangelion : Mecha SciFi
At the age of 14 Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant biological humanoid by the name EVA01 and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as angels. Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself. But why exactly are the angels attacking and what are his father’s true intentions.

Love Hina : Comedy romance Ecchi
Keitaro Urashima is determined to be accepted into Tokyo University, the hardest Japanese University of all to get into, because of a promise he made to a girl when he was young... a girl whose name he can't even remember. After failing to get into Tokyo U twice, he is kicked out by his parents and goes to live with his Grandmother at her hotel, but it seems it has been turned into an all girls boarding house. What's more, much to his surprise and to the tenants disgust, Keitaro is made manager of the boarding house.

SaishuuHeiki Kanojo : Drama War Romance
Shuji and Chise are two Hokkaido high school students barely starting a relationship with each other. Then, with no warning, an squadron of bombers from an unknown country destroy the city of Sapporo. At this point, Shuji finds out the terrible secret about his love Chise. it's a heartbreaking story of their extremely difficult relationship in the background of an all-out destructive war. Tissues are required for this one, it's very very sad and depressing...
Old 2004-04-10, 17:06   Link #3
Maikeru
Fabulous Muscles

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru
Naruto: It's about a fox demon that becomes human and he is in ninja school. He dreams of becoming hokage. No one thinks he is going to become hokage, and the current hokage just sees him as a trouble maker. See it to find out.

Soultaker: It's about a guy who becomes the Soultaker. See more on http://www.techtv.com/animeunleashed
Old 2004-04-10, 18:01   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

MONSTER is as cool an anime as you can ever get.
Old 2004-04-11, 00:27   Link #5
delta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless

I saw a pic from MONSTER and it kinda turned me away from the series but if you say it's cool I'll check it out.

SaishuuHeiki Kanojo is exceptionally good I just finished watching it and yeah tissues are required. You should also see hundred stories, full metal panic 2 (not as good as 1 but good in a funny way), gilgamesh, R.O.D. TV, scrapped princess, Hellsing, and chrno crusade. Also check out the new anime's coming out like madlax, ragnarok, Bakuretsu Tenshi,
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Kenran Butoh Sai The Mars Daybreak, and this one anime called midori something.
Old 2004-04-11, 07:21   Link #6
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I just got around to the first (ToTan). It's by far the best show this season, judging by first eps. At this rate, it will become one of the best unlicensed animes.

It's so well done that I can't believe it wasn't snatched up.

Last edited by davFunereal; 2004-04-14 at 09:15.
Old 2004-04-11, 09:44   Link #7
InitialD4

[QUOTE=Maikeru]Naruto: It's about a fox demon that becomes human and he is in ninja school. He dreams of becoming hokage. No one thinks he is going to become hokage, and the current hokage just sees him as a trouble maker. See it to find out.

Naruto is not a fox demon that becomes human...
The fox demon is sealed inside him when he was born, but people see him as the fox demon.
Old 2004-04-11, 10:31   Link #8
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Full Metal Alchemist:Action, Adventure, Comedy, Science-Fiction

In this world, there exist people with special abilities to manipulate objects and transform those objects into other objects. These people are known as alchemist. However, this manipulation process does not come without cost, as the basic alchemy rules stated that something with equivalent cost is needed to perform the manipulation.

The main character is a famous alchemist named Edward Elric, who loses his little brother Alphonse in an accident. Edward manages to contain his brother's soul in a large piece of armor suit. However, merging the soul and body of the dearly departed comes with great cost, so the two brothers must embark on a journey to find a mysterious power amplifier which can reduce the cost to manipulate objects greatly.

Source: AnimeNfo.com's review

Naruto
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-14, 04:48   Link #9
Rokawa
Presenting Rukawa

Send a message via MSN to Rokawa
Try scrapped princess if u love a story with a very gd and original plot.
Gd chara personalities with well casted seiyuus.
Drawings/graphics are excellent except for -_- some females with extra size in the chest areas.
aiya just watch it :P
Closed Thread