AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 05:50   Link #41
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Terrible song... But the sequence is... Not much better, honestly.
Old 2013-10-15, 06:48   Link #42
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

hmm wondering if there an asian version? (Hong Kong)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 02:33   Link #43
Kirayuki

Just finished the game main story

In nutshell "Wait, what ? really ?" is the only thing I can describe for the story. It has several nice ideas to introduce and improve on the setting, but falls flat in execution and how there are no new characters that can carry on until the end like the 1st game. Romeo in particular is just a disaster. Ciel is adorable, but that is more about moe factor instead of adding into the story.

They also recycled the Aragami and map from previous game too much. Only a few new maps and Aragamis. Those who are not familiar with some of the Aragamis and think of them as new would be surprised to know that those were actually from DLC of GE and GEB, so the truly new ones are less than 10 in numbers.

At least the game looks nice in Vita and the gameplay has been improved in some areas. Though I wish higher level of Blood Artes to actually have more variations instead of just more hits/damage or flashier effect. Some more variations are also added and improve on the game depth.

Finally, and this is my biggest disappointment. I'm not really impressed with Go Shiina's works in here. Only a few tracks that are noticeable, really pale in comparison with his works in GE and GEB.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 05:48   Link #44
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

More ciel love would be appreciated, honestly.

Old 2013-11-22, 05:51   Link #45
Kirayuki

I do think Ciel needs more attention, or rather the whole new casts really. Well, they can always improve it in the Burst version which seems to be inevitable anyway.
Old 2013-11-23, 01:45   Link #46
Shadow5YA

So what were Kanagi Yuu/the GEB protagonist and Lindow doing while this was happening? I understand they had their own mission, but shouldn't they have been called back as backup at least once considering how bad things got?

Clearly the story needed a DON'T RUN AWAY moment
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 02:15   Link #47
Kirayuki

The GEB protagonist originally went into Europe with Lindow and Tsubaki for a mission, then in April of 2074 they returned to the Far East base (this is depicted in the manga "Undercover"). After that, during somewhere in July of the same year he was given another request to go back to Europe (this is from the novel "Moonlight Mile"). Due to this, Kouta was appointed as the captain for the 1st squad replacing him.

As for Lindow, he does appear in here. Though, he is back only after all things regarding the main story is done and his role here have more to do with his team, Cradle (the squad that Soma and Alisa belongs to), hunting a certain "pure-bred" Aragami called as Kyuubi (this is basically the extra story in here after you get the ending). I can see them continuing the story from there for the Burst version of GE2.
Old 2013-11-24, 01:28   Link #48
Iggy_Pop

So, did Julius
Spoiler for ending:
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 01:59   Link #49
Kirayuki

Technically no,
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2013-11-24, 10:14   Link #50
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I do think Ciel needs more attention, or rather the whole new casts really. Well, they can always improve it in the Burst version which seems to be inevitable anyway.
Placing the faith that Burst will expand the cast isn't necessarily the best thing to do.

Given the GE1's Burst was basically the "Protag is Badass" storyline, which to my pity didn't really expand much on the rest of the core characters. ( except Lindow )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 10:36   Link #51
Kirayuki

It's still a chance, it will probably revolve around Julius coming back like Lindow. At least they have a ground to start off, if they fail to do so then so be it. Though, judging from the extra story in here the chance of a story about Cradle's team is as high as the former.

But then again, I personally care more about what they will do to improve the gameplay and I'd be fine with whatever plot & character development they throw at me.
Old 2013-11-24, 10:53   Link #52
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

PSP probably hampers how far they can go to improve the gameplay experience ( maps, gameplay elements, etc ) since it had to be made for two platforms.

Hope Freedom Wars show what's the true potential of SHIFT in a more powerful handheld.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2014-04-06, 09:19   Link #53
Avaricia
My Lord

Someone mind translating the yellow highlighted text under the sword?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 10:33   Link #54
Kirayuki

The equipment is under maintenance, so you can't equip it.

It happens when you have equipment from savedata carryover of the 1st GE, but you're not past the point of story where you can use equipment of that level.
Old 2014-04-06, 10:44   Link #55
Avaricia
My Lord

ahhh... I see. It's pretty useless then
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 11:14   Link #56
Reverzer0
Sleeping

i finally killed naruto i mean the kyuubi in story 88. she's definitely tougher than the kyuubi in story 87. her life sucking technique is really cute", if they want to kill this monster, just focus breaking her head, equip health and stun grenade as many as they can.

edited: i always bring Erina on the mission because she's mostly stands long fighting",

Last edited by Reverzer0; 2014-04-08 at 11:34.
Reverzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 02:59   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

God Eater 2: Rage Burst announced for PS4, PS Vita

Quote:
God Eater 2: Rage Burst is coming to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, Bandai Namco Games announced during Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia’s press conference this morning.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 03:48   Link #58
Kirayuki

Took them so long to announce this, though didn't expect them to release it for PS4 too.
Old 2014-09-01, 05:34   Link #59
ShiryuMask

This is a good news...but wait, it's me or the Mc was using something new in this trailer? Against the Aragami?
Old 2014-09-01, 07:18   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

YES YES YES

... now announce God Eater 3 pls. >.>

Tags
game, ps vita