AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-07-21, 03:32   Link #21
charasu
DigiDestinied

lol just like that they got nidai kitetsu

wano rule, "follow the strong...., welp hawkins gonna get his ass handed hard by monster duo"

Last edited by charasu; 2018-07-21 at 03:49.
charasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 08:38   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I definitely think this is a likely scenario, BUT I really want to see a 1.5 billion bounty Luffy absolutely wreak Hawkins, and Zoro's there too! However seeing that Luffy is drawing the sword, he isn't taking things too seriously yet

Oh trust me, I'd love to see Luffy and Zoro team up and kick ass again like they did in the good ol' days, but I'm also very much interested in (and I'm pretty sure this is Oda's intention as well,) seeing what the rest of the Worst Generation is capable of. I don't think Hawkins should be taken lightly, whether or not the monster duo were to get "nerfed" by poison....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 16:04   Link #23
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You know, I was almost impressed with how Luffy was conducting himself this chapter... until I saw him eating the same meat he just warned Zoro off of.
Well Luffy does know for the most part poison won't affect him much. He was even pointing towards the meat as an example.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 11:51   Link #24
itachi-san314

Is it just poison that can mess with Luffy and Zoro here? What about the new sword's curse?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 12:26   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Is it just poison that can mess with Luffy and Zoro here? What about the new sword's curse?
Yeah, there is that too. And I suppose having two cursed swords so close to each other is probably not a good thing. Sandai Kitetsu's curse never affected Zoro though, unless you subscribe to the theory it's what robbed him of his sense of direction.
Old 2018-07-24, 05:39   Link #26
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

IIRC in Sabaody archipelago, Hawkins always use prophecy (or something like that) before he take action, I wonder why he didnt use it (or he had use it, just not revealed yet?), and just barging in to Luffy and Zorro??
Old 2018-07-24, 11:54   Link #27
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sandai Kitetsu's curse never affected Zoro though, unless you subscribe to the theory it's what robbed him of his sense of direction.
It's an interesting idea if Zoro really had never been lost before he got it, which I'm not 100% sure of. But I always took it as more of a running gag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
IIRC in Sabaody archipelago, Hawkins always use prophecy (or something like that) before he take action, I wonder why he didnt use it (or he had use it, just not revealed yet?), and just barging in to Luffy and Zorro??
Maybe he did off screen and it just wasn't specific to who he would encounter. If he did though, then that means this clash will go Hawkins' way at the end.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 16:51   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, there is that too.
Well.... couldn't the poison be traced to the swords' curses? Like they were afflicted with the misfortune of eating tainted meat right before a major battle occurred?

Still, speaking of curses, quite a coincidence that they're up against a fellow who just so happens to use voodoo as a weapon. Yes, most coincidental indeed......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 17:31   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well.... couldn't the poison be traced to the swords' curses? Like they were afflicted with the misfortune of eating tainted meat right before a major battle occurred?
Zoro didn't bother looking for the cause of his stomach pains (given the way the land looks like, it shouldn't be hard to figure out) and Luffy ate the meat fully knowing it was tainted. No, I'd say that's just them being stupid
Old 2018-07-24, 23:34   Link #30
The Small One

BTW, did anybody consider the posibility, that these so called 'curses' may cancel each other out, when the swords are together as a set. Like they only work when the swords are separated from each other.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 01:24   Link #31
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Hawkins already state that Luffy's survival chance never reaches zero. I wonder how Luffy will beat him.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote