AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-09-19, 22:37   Link #81
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It would start up a World War IV. Academy City would force the espers to battle with mages in the bloodiest world conflict in history. Touma would be forced to team up with Aleister and it would end in a final battle against Johann's Pen Index and an Awakened Touma.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 23:36   Link #82
Miraluka
Banned

I like to stick to that theory hehehe!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 01:45   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Chaos2Frozen might have a nice theory going. But who created the homunculus then? And how would Aleister react to it?
Aleister probably doesn't care, or he might just be the creator himself back during his time as a magician.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 04:11   Link #84
Flere821
Lurker

I'll just post my two cents on how I see this (See spoilers, just remembered recently light novel info aren't supposed to be discussed outside the LN thread) :

Spoiler:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 06:54   Link #85
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Aleister probably doesn't care, or he might just be the creator himself back during his time as a magician.
Reading your previous post. I guess maybe is the last move Aleister's wife did before dying, she shouldn't be happy of being used as a tool to summon Aiwass and then discarded after spending years of life together. Reminds me a series where a woman keeps her son alive in order to avenge her against her husband with both, son and father without knowings each other existence.
Old 2010-09-20, 09:12   Link #86
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Crack theory: Index = Lilicia.

The loli is as old as fuck.
Old 2010-09-20, 09:43   Link #87
Miraluka
Banned

There must be a reason why she is talented to be so damn powerful and why she is placed above saints(acqua included), Carrisa (with Curtana Original), Accelerator(black wings mode) and only below to Gabriel, Fiamma and Aiwass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The loli is as old as fuck.
Ask Komoe.

BTW, reading the lit. of Dragon Breath is... Killing Breath of the Dragon King? Sounds too awesome.

Question:
How is that UBW-like spell that Index used to summon legendary weapons against Stiyl? How it works?
Old 2010-09-20, 11:58   Link #88
giorno

so the Dragon King breathes...death? °___°

also, how does Index cast all those powerful spells without the need for a circle, chant or anything of the sort? unless it's just that the stronger spells are stupidly easy to cast?
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 12:00   Link #89
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe just like Fiamma does.
Old 2010-09-21, 01:30   Link #90
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Question:
How is that UBW-like spell that Index used to summon legendary weapons against Stiyl? How it works?
No idea, the narrative just said the weapons are appearing one by one, with even multiple copies of the same weapons. Most of the ones Index summon are weapons 'being able to suffocate the enemy just by floating in the air'.

My guess is that Index is using a spell like Emiya's "Trace: On" to mass produce these things. How the heck does she do it, I have no idea, as the narrative is really lacking in the details. This is just one battle in the last Battle Report of Vol21, so I guess not much space is given for these compared to other battles that have a whole chapter dedicated to describing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
also, how does Index cast all those powerful spells without the need for a circle, chant or anything of the sort? unless it's just that the stronger spells are stupidly easy to cast?
It's been suggested that Index can do all this since she has the knowledge of 103,000 grimoires - kinda like Edward and Alphonse from FMA being able to transmute objects without a circle since they already have the knowledge from the Gate of Truth.
Old 2010-09-21, 05:40   Link #91
giorno

but AFAIK, the way magic works in Index is pretty much theurgy, requiring special circles and incantations to borrow the power of angels....

so i don't think knowledge alone should be enough to skip them...?
Old 2010-09-21, 06:26   Link #92
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
but AFAIK, the way magic works in Index is pretty much theurgy, requiring special circles and incantations to borrow the power of angels....

so i don't think knowledge alone should be enough to skip them...?
As if you don't know the magic circle of 'Saint George Cathedral' which she activate is the key for using the 'Dragon Breath'.
http://www12.atwiki.jp/index-index/pages/196.html

P.S. 'Saint George Cathedral' is the spell which control space and time rift.
The space crack where 'Dragon Breath' appears from was created by this.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 10:02   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

In other word a requirement in order to cast spells including UBW??

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-09-21 at 10:45.
Old 2010-09-21, 16:08   Link #94
Inept Forum User

Question

Just a question; what is the nature of the 'red wings' exactly? Has it been stated yet?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 16:26   Link #95
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just a question; what is the nature of the 'red wings' exactly? Has it been stated yet?
Same question.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:19   Link #96
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Quote:
Same question.
So far, no idea... it wasn't stated in Vol21, at least I haven't read anything about it =/
Old 2010-09-22, 03:46   Link #97
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
As if you don't know the magic circle of 'Saint George Cathedral' which she activate is the key for using the 'Dragon Breath'.
http://www12.atwiki.jp/index-index/pages/196.html

P.S. 'Saint George Cathedral' is the spell which control space and time rift.
The space crack where 'Dragon Breath' appears from was created by this.
but the point still stands, she just projects the circle out of nowhere, without the need to draw it or chant anything(unless it's different in the novel?)
Old 2010-09-22, 07:48   Link #98
tsunade666

no she really didn't chant anything when summoning the saint george cathedral. Though dragon's breath had an incantation but you can't use it without the saint george cathedral.

Their is no explanation on red wings. Index just grew red wings on her back while pawning styl.
Old 2010-09-22, 09:54   Link #99
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
So far, no idea... it wasn't stated in Vol21, at least I haven't read anything about it =/
I hope it would be explained the next volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
No idea, the narrative just said the weapons are appearing one by one, with even multiple copies of the same weapons. Most of the ones Index summon are weapons 'being able to suffocate the enemy just by floating in the air'.

My guess is that Index is using a spell like Emiya's "Trace: On" to mass produce these things. How the heck does she do it, I have no idea, as the narrative is really lacking in the details. This is just one battle in the last Battle Report of Vol21, so I guess not much space is given for these compared to other battles that have a whole chapter dedicated to describing them.

It's been suggested that Index can do all this since she has the knowledge of 103,000 grimoires - kinda like Edward and Alphonse from FMA being able to transmute objects without a circle since they already have the knowledge from the Gate of Truth.
Poor Stiyl, so his life is doomed? If Touma ever manages to destroy Fiamma's control how is going to do Stiyl with the one who Laura's has? His life is on the border to the other world ready to meet with halFrenda.

I wonder is there is a relation the Norse Mythology and those freaking powerful spells related to the dragon breath and red wings.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-09-22 at 10:13.
Old 2010-09-22, 11:13   Link #100
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I wonder is there is a relation the Norse Mythology and those freaking powerful spells related to the dragon breath and red wings.
The dragon that eats the root of Yggdrasil, the Nidhogg?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote