AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 13:19   Link #481
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for answer:

Hadn't really wondered about it before, but isn't Bunny a bit old to be a "super rookie"? He's 24, while Blue Rose or Dragon Kid are teenagers.
He was honing his craft. Probably went to school, practiced the martial arts, roamed the earth learning the ways of the underworld... you know... like Bruce Wayne.

He spent a long period of his youth training and looking for Ouroboros.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 13:30   Link #482
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting. According to Jake after Mr. Legend died Next started helping humans as heroes.

Now this doesn't mean Jake killed him. Mr. Legend was already old when he met Kotetsu.

Though I have a feeling Mr. Legend isn't dead yet. He may come out to help the younger generation.
I am of the belief that Mr. Legend 'died' and he is Mr. Maverick, the old fat man who is with the mayor. I mean it's not like everyone knew who Mr.Legend is/was.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 13:55   Link #483
LKK

Once again, the flame hero (drawing a blank on his name ) impresses me with his understanding. He knew right away that Kotetsu was lying with his How I Angered Bunny This Time story. I'm not sure even Rock Bison knew it was a lie.

I never pegged this series as one for having major character death. But I gotta admit I'm worried about Origami Cyclone at this point.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 13:57   Link #484
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I missed some lines of dialogue the first time around that I caught on rewatch.
Ahh, yeah that happens to me too sometimes.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 14:45   Link #485
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Once again, the flame hero (drawing a blank on his name )
Fire Emblem.
Quote:
impresses me with his understanding. He knew right away that Kotetsu was lying with his How I Angered Bunny This Time story. I'm not sure even Rock Bison knew it was a lie.
I thought it was more of a play on Blue Rose's youthful naivety, so I'm pretty sure Rock Bison knew too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 15:02   Link #486
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Fire Emblem.
Thanks. *feels stoopid for forgetting*

Quote:
I thought it was more of a play on Blue Rose's youthful naivety, so I'm pretty sure Rock Bison knew too.
You may be right. Blue Rose and Dragon Kid, the two youngest, believed what Kotetsu said. I wonder what the two middle-agers of the group -- Origami Cyclone and Sky High -- thought?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2011-06-12, 15:13   Link #487
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I'm sure Sky High believied it

Btw, I don't understand why Sky High is so popular on pixiv ?

Other than that, I'm the only one who think that maybe Kotetsu will die in episode 14 or something like that ? It's one of my fear

And Nathan was already aware of Barnaby's secret so it's not surprising that he knews Kotetsu was lying.
Old 2011-06-12, 15:19   Link #488
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Thanks. *feels stoopid for forgetting*

You may be right. Blue Rose and Dragon Kid, the two youngest, believed what Kotetsu said. I wonder what the two middle-agers of the group -- Origami Cyclone and Sky High -- thought?
Sky High? Probably nothing. I don't think there's a lot going on up there for him...

Origami - hard to say.
Old 2011-06-12, 15:20   Link #489
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Btw How old is Origami ?
Old 2011-06-12, 15:38   Link #490
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariq View Post
I am of the belief that Mr. Legend 'died' and he is Mr. Maverick, the old fat man who is with the mayor. I mean it's not like everyone knew who Mr.Legend is/was.
Sounds like an interesting theory, especially given how Mr. Maverick's infant son is a NEXT himself.
Old 2011-06-12, 15:43   Link #491
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's the mayor's kid who's a NEXT.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:03   Link #492
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Also, both Rock Bison and Sky High know the true source of the name "Wild Tiger" and that it wasn't what Kotetsu said there. (In fact Kotetsu was referencing what his new employer thought back in episode 1).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 18:10   Link #493
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Also, both Rock Bison and Sky High know the true source of the name "Wild Tiger" and that it wasn't what Kotetsu said there. (In fact Kotetsu was referencing what his new employer thought back in episode 1).
This is sad. My memory is gone. What's the true source of Kotetsu's Wild Tiger name?

Old 2011-06-12, 19:32   Link #494
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think it was said in the Drama CD that his wife thought of it, which would explain how Rock Bison knows (they all knew each other in high school) but I don't know how Sky High would know it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 20:03   Link #495
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quick question; has it been revealed what exactly Bison's power is?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 20:14   Link #496
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

The animation quality took a massive dump this episode. There have been some sub-standard episodes before, but this one was the worst. So much off model art and sketchy drawing. I understand episodes occasionally take a hit depending on schedules and who the work gets farmed out to, but this was very distracting.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 20:44   Link #497
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Quick question; has it been revealed what exactly Bison's power is?
In the drama CD tough impenetrable skin.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 01:17   Link #498
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Holy crap! Jake Martinez, the truth killer of Brooks family was voiced by the same guy (Fujiwara Keiji) who voiced as ALI AL SACHEZ in Gundam 00!!

Hit the deck!

Next episode, Ivan's cover was blown & was captured by NEXT Lead by Jake himself!

2. AHHH! The autotune!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-06-13 at 02:59.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 04:13   Link #499
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San
Btw, I don't understand why Sky High is so popular on pixiv ?
Being an adorkable (keyword here) yet easily the KOH does make fangirls swoon over him and go gaga over him being an adorable badass Most Pixiv-ers de... Depict him as an overly positive and airheaded idiot, with adorable (?) charisma, or in just one sentence: "What an angel!" Him being a handsome American just doesn't help to snatch us weak, shallow hearted fangirls.

(Btw, no kidding on the angel part, even the スカイハイマジ天使 tag has its own description lmao)

OTOH, he really has a lot of GAR/badass ace fanarts, especially in his superhero costume, so really, artists just... Get caught in those fanarts bites

P.S: I'm quite estatic knowing Pixiv in agreement with me (albeit still in minority) that positivexnegative pair is adorkable 8)b *Munches on her fujoshi fodders easily*

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 04:55   Link #500
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Btw How old is Origami ?
18 or 19 years old.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere