Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-08, 19:18   Link #1
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

modern warfare

I need to see something to do with realistic combat, something with tanks, planes, infantry, you know modern warfares. No robots with legs, there are too many of them out there, i.e. no fmp, gundam, macross, etc. i have seen toshokan sesou, and currently watching valkyrie chronicle. (fighting are not really exciting for these two though, but entertaining )

I don't know but i want a real war zone, fighting that could be done in real life.

Thank you in advance
Old 2009-05-08, 20:15   Link #2
LeoXiao
思想工作

I hate to say it, but they don't really exist. There are a few WW I/II themed animes, but I don't think that's what you're after if I'm correct.

The best that I can think of is Zipang, its about a modern Japanese destroyer getting transported back in time to 1942, and has a pretty good depiction of realistic warships (at least it seems so, I'm no expert). There is also the second part of The Second Renaissance, from the Animatrix, that has the most hellish, apocalyptic war scene I've ever seen in an anime, though it last for only about five minutes, and has powered armor things.
Old 2009-05-08, 20:57   Link #3
qwertyuiopz

? pumpkin scissors ?

...lol thats just a random one i picked from this list
http://www.anime-planet.com/tags/military/anime
Old 2009-05-09, 03:36   Link #4
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I hate to say it, but they don't really exist. There are a few WW I/II themed animes, but I don't think that's what you're after if I'm correct.

The best that I can think of is Zipang, its about a modern Japanese destroyer getting transported back in time to 1942, and has a pretty good depiction of realistic warships (at least it seems so, I'm no expert). There is also the second part of The Second Renaissance, from the Animatrix, that has the most hellish, apocalyptic war scene I've ever seen in an anime, though it last for only about five minutes, and has powered armor things.
Going to second Zipang, although it's more like a hybrid of modern and WWII warfare.
Old 2009-05-09, 18:57   Link #5
blewin

well, not in terms of plot, but in terms of weaponry...

the two already mentioned in above posts, and Toshokan Sensō (also known as "Library War").

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-05-10, 03:19   Link #6
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

I know you don't want mechs, but FLAG is by far the most realistic modern combat anime... ever. And it only has few mechs, and it's taken in a very modern weaponry context.
Old 2009-05-10, 19:25   Link #7
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
well, not in terms of plot, but in terms of weaponry...

the two already mentioned in above posts, and Toshokan Sensō (also known as "Library War").
But it has no tanks or planes, and nobody dies...
Old 2009-05-11, 19:24   Link #8
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

You might like Valkyria Chronicles, a currently airing modern warfare anime. Set in an alternate universe and having tanks, guns, grenades, oh my!