AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 12:56   Link #81
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
I think it could be pretty good if Feel did it--while a lot of people weren't happy with their work on D.C.S.S., I thought it wasn't that bad, and in some aspects, like the character designs, I liked it better than the original Da Capo. Besides, a lot of D.C.S.S.'s flaws were due to not having a very good story to base it on, and with D.C. II that won't be a problem. I just hope it's not Domu or Artland...
No no no Nemu is gona win she is already 3-0 there is no way they gona mess up her undefeated streek now She already won in DC 1 DC SS and Gift. There is no way she is gona lose in this one.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 13:21   Link #82
DanielSong39

LOL, the Nemu character went down in flames in Gift. Her epic meltdown in the latter stages may have even outdone the infamous Kaede.

Nemu's only competition in DC was the loli siscon character and her victory was never really in question in DCSS. In DCII the Nemu-character has two stabs at it so you have to like her chances (though odds favor the older one, who looks less like Nemu than her younger sister).

There was also an interesting role reversal in Canvas2 - where the Nemu character looks like Sakura and the Sakura character looks like Nemu. But I think DCII anime will play it closer to the vest and award the victory to Otome - the real drama comes from the magical sakura tree and not "which girl will he choose?"

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-07-20 at 13:37.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 14:24   Link #83
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
LOL, the Nemu character went down in flames in Gift. Her epic meltdown in the latter stages may have even outdone the infamous Kaede.

Nemu's only competition in DC was the loli siscon character and her victory was never really in question in DCSS. In DCII the Nemu-character has two stabs at it so you have to like her chances (though odds favor the older one, who looks less like Nemu than her younger sister).

There was also an interesting role reversal in Canvas2 - where the Nemu character looks like Sakura and the Sakura character looks like Nemu. But I think DCII anime will play it closer to the vest and award the victory to Otome - the real drama comes from the magical sakura tree and not "which girl will he choose?"
Lol Nemu was the PinkHair girl they figured no one liked Nemu cuz they liked how the Kotori looked so they made Nemu look like Kotori and Kotori look like Nemu. Pay attention to how they are not just the way the look. You will see that the Pink hair girl in Gift is Nemu with a makeover.

Thats the reason DCSS failed they just handed her the win they brought her back to soon. It would of been a lot better if they kept her away for atleast 15-20 Eps then brought her back in. Then it would of been like who dose he go with his old love or new one. At the start of DCSS it looked like he was getting hella close to Kotori <3.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:08   Link #84
DanielSong39

Back to the main topic... do you think this show should get its own subforum? They could import DC and DCSS threads into the forum (as well as all of the game threads), as a point of reference. Could be interesting.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-07-20 at 17:43.
Old 2007-07-20, 16:38   Link #85
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
Lol Nemu was the PinkHair girl they figured no one liked Nemu cuz they liked how the Kotori looked so they made Nemu look like Kotori and Kotori look like Nemu. Pay attention to how they are not just the way the look. You will see that the Pink hair girl in Gift is Nemu with a makeover.
Aside from being off-topic - Riko is hundred times more likable than Nemu ever was.

Quote:
Thats the reason DCSS failed they just handed her the win they brought her back to soon. It would of been a lot better if they kept her away for atleast 15-20 Eps then brought her back in. Then it would of been like who dose he go with his old love or new one. At the start of DCSS it looked like he was getting hella close to Kotori <3.
Honestly, i never understood what problems people had with DCSS. Kotori getting shafted? Please, Kotori never had a chance in the first place. It was always Nemu or Sakura, there was no one else who had a realistic shot at the guy's heart. Even if your favorite gets the short end of the stick is not a reason to call the show bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Back to the main topic... do you think this show should get its own subforum? They could import DC and DCSS threads into the forum, as a point of reference. Could be interesting.
If the show turns out to be worthy of a subforum it will get one
Old 2007-07-20, 22:50   Link #86
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Aside from being off-topic - Riko is hundred times more likable than Nemu ever was.

Honestly, i never understood what problems people had with DCSS. Kotori getting shafted? Please, Kotori never had a chance in the first place. It was always Nemu or Sakura, there was no one else who had a realistic shot at the guy's heart. Even if your favorite gets the short end of the stick is not a reason to call the show bad.
Yeah, I'm a Kotori fan but I can't complain with how DCSS went--if Junichi had switched to her it would have invalidated the whole first season of Da Capo. After everything they went through to be together in the first season, there was no way DCSS could end with anything but Junichi x Nemu, which is why rather than create a new love triangle it ended up being the Aisia Show instead. I did like the original Da Capo more than DCSS by far, but I wouldn't say DCSS was bad--I think given the constraints put on them by the first season, the studio actually did a decent job with it. Although if someone had just explained to Aisia exactly what happened two years ago, it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble...

I wonder in D.C. II who the 'winner' will be...in the first Da Capo you could pretty much tell from the opening credits that Nemu would win (My Iron-Clad Rule for Picking Bishoujo Anime Winners: the girl with the most screentime in the OP and ED is going to win). In D.C. II it seems like Otome and Yume would be the front-runners based on their prominence in promo shots...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 04:31   Link #87
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Yeah, I'm a Kotori fan but I can't complain with how DCSS went--if Junichi had switched to her it would have invalidated the whole first season of Da Capo. After everything they went through to be together in the first season, there was no way DCSS could end with anything but Junichi x Nemu, which is why rather than create a new love triangle it ended up being the Aisia Show instead. I did like the original Da Capo more than DCSS by far, but I wouldn't say DCSS was bad--I think given the constraints put on them by the first season, the studio actually did a decent job with it. Although if someone had just explained to Aisia exactly what happened two years ago, it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble...

I wonder in D.C. II who the 'winner' will be...in the first Da Capo you could pretty much tell from the opening credits that Nemu would win (My Iron-Clad Rule for Picking Bishoujo Anime Winners: the girl with the most screentime in the OP and ED is going to win). In D.C. II it seems like Otome and Yume would be the front-runners based on their prominence in promo shots...
The manga adaptation D.C. Second Graduation had an entirely different take on the DCSS story... I actually liked the setup in the manga more. Nemu and Sakura are the characters that make the series go - Aisia simply couldn't carry it on her own. But as you said, it could've been worse.

As for DC II? I feel safe in picking an Otome win and safer in predicting that "picking a girl" will not be the focal issue in the show. The sakura tree always took priority over all else, as the source of magic and life on the island. Wonder what tricks the tree has up its sleeve this time around.

As for the rule for picking Bishoujo anime winners... good luck picking the winner of Shuffle! using that method. But I don't see too many exceptions to this rule. DC II will likely follow suit.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-07-21 at 18:14.
Old 2007-07-21, 04:48   Link #88
Keruri
Like a falling star

Finally, Yume! Love her. <3 (And I sound like a fanboy. Ouch.)

....I think Otome's going to be the concluding girl. Either way, I cannot wait for this one!
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 10:23   Link #89
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
hope and dreams of a fanboy getting crushed and ripped to tiny pieces in front of their eyes then stomped upon with the boot called "fate" was the reaction i imaged when seeing kotori getting the shaft...i like her and all but not as much as moe senpai i think realistically she did have a chance but it was herself who didnt push forward far enough to keep jun's attention...though like most male harem leads he was a blockhead who is unable to see the true intentions behind kotori's caring visits to his home...clueless...simply clueless...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 12:01   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
though like most male harem leads he was a blockhead who is unable to see the true intentions behind kotori's caring visits to his home...clueless...simply clueless...
Clueless, or stubbornly loyal to his true love? Hmmm... food for thought.

As for D.C. II, as DanielSong39 said, I don't think "picking a girl" will be the main focus, as it'll probably just become obvious over time who Yoshiyuki has feelings for. The first 2/3 of the story are really more about school life, and the interactions between the cast. The nice thing about the D.C. II game, at least, is that there's lots of that. I wouldn't think they'll really delve too deeply into the romance side of things (other than brushing the surface) until 2/3 through the show (sort of like the original D.C. anime). We'll see, though.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 12:50   Link #91
DanielSong39

My guess on the show structure:

Episodes 1-8: Introduction; focused mostly on home and school life.
Episodes 9-16: Development and resolution of the Yoshiyuki-Koko-Nanaka love triangle; group outings.
Episodes 17-24: Main plot. The mystery of the sakura tree; Sakura and Otome's efforts.

While Otome is at the heart of the main story I really hope the show does proper justice to the band and the whole deal with Koko and Nanaka. It's the second most important plot point in my opinion and the girls need closure - even if it ends with both girls getting dumped.
Old 2007-07-21, 12:56   Link #92
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Edit: Please delete this post. I realized that I'm in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Pendevous; 2007-07-21 at 14:01.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:59   Link #93
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
My guess on the show structure:

Episodes 1-8: Introduction; focused mostly on home and school life.
Episodes 9-16: Development and resolution of the Yoshiyuki-Koko-Nanaka love triangle; group outings.
Episodes 17-24: Main plot. The mystery of the sakura tree; Sakura and Otome's efforts.

While Otome is at the heart of the main story I really hope the show does proper justice to the band and the whole deal with Koko and Nanaka. It's the second most important plot point in my opinion and the girls need closure - even if it ends with both girls getting dumped.
Hmm... I think there's actually a lot more to go in that first segment, including (without being specific)
Spoiler for vague, vague references to sections of the game:
It'll be interesting to see how they re-write some of the game arcs to keep the same essential plot points, without having Yoshiyuki be in love. That is, of course, assuming they remain close to the game's story (at least for the middle portions). We'll see...
Old 2007-07-22, 04:31   Link #94
aONErox
Trainee

i have no idea what u people are talking about other then events and characters from DC and DCSS but what i've heard this seems like it could b a good anime but i still think kotori is better then nemu and i always will!
aONErox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 21:37   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, Moonphase's blog confirms that the Animation Production for D.C. II will be done by feel, who've worked on both previous D.C. anime in one capacity or another (assistance on D.C., production on D.C.S.S.), and recently worked on Otoboku and Nagasarete Airantou. So this isn't very surprising, since ZEXCS is working on both Kujira and Rental Magica this Fall.

The other thing the blog mentions is that, apparently, they're they're not going to be releasing a lot of information about the cast, crew, and other details until the show actually airs. The message on the website fits that description. With the amount of promo they've been doing for the game cast (especially the VAs for Otome, Yume, and Koko), I sort of wonder if they might just keep the voice cast in this one. Then again, that'd be a pretty big change for King Records (who, as far as I know, always recast with their own talent), so we'll see...
Old 2007-08-10, 22:28   Link #96
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Interesting, thanks for the news...I'm glad feel's doing it, I think while with D.C.S.S. they didn't have a great story to work with, that won't be a problem with D.C. II. I think more than anything else I'm relieved it's not being animated by Doumu, so there won't be any cabbages
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 01:19   Link #97
KBTKaiser

so...does anyone need a refresh of the characters involved for DC2?

*quietly puts away his Nemu and Mako flags and pulls out Otome, Yume, and Nanaka ones.*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 02:27   Link #98
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
so...does anyone need a refresh of the characters involved for DC2?

*quietly puts away his Nemu and Mako flags and pulls out Otome, Yume, and Nanaka ones.*
Give us all you got, i never read into DC II too much, so some tips would be great ^_^. The characters are super cute so i almost wanted to play the game

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 02:52   Link #99
KBTKaiser

Alrighty, from the top then...

Two Generations ago...

Asakura Junichi: Protagonist of the original Da Capo. Married Nemu and supposedly had a daughter named Yuki. Current whereabouts are that of taking care of the original house and his two Granddaughters, Asakura Otome and Asakura Yume. Said to have the powers of dreamwatching and candymaking.

Yoshino Sakura: Older cousin on Junichi's maternal side(and completely disregarding it by calling Junichi "onii-chan") and current principal of Kazami Gakuen. Still looks not a day above her immortal age of 11-12. (The frozen timepoint where she moved to America to study) Holds a doctorate degree from her studies in the US, as she became a teacher in both the DC game and the DC Second Graduation manga. Current whereabouts are living in the Yoshino household next to the Asakuras with her new tenant, Sakurai Yoshiyuki. Currently is accomanied by a tiny dog by the name of Harimao. Whereabouts of Utamaru the cat are unknown. Confirmed to still practice magic.

Asakura Nemu: Not much is known about where grandmother Nemu went...

One Generation ago...

Mizukoshi Maika: The school physician in Kazami Gakuen. Not much is known about her past, save for the fact that she lives in the very same house that Moe, Mako, and Tomoya (the younger brother) lived in. Speculation is still up in the air as to whose daughter she is... (Though Sakura probably knows)

I'll put up the main cast next post. Gives you time to digest the giant flow of time that has happened, yes?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 04:41   Link #100
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
One Generation ago...

Mizukoshi Maika: The school physician in Kazami Gakuen. Not much is known about her past, save for the fact that she lives in the very same house that Moe, Mako, and Tomoya (the younger brother) lived in. Speculation is still up in the air as to whose daughter she is... (Though Sakura probably knows)
Unless her mother kept her maiden name upon marriage or didn't get married (i.e. single mother), then she's a child of Tomoya.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen