AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-24, 13:51   Link #41
Rias

Currently for me it's Natsuhi > Shannon > Jessica > Maria
Old 2007-08-25, 13:29   Link #42
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokunenjin View Post
Edit: This has some pretty amazing music, does anyone know who made it? The only thing I recognize is HANE as I've seen it on dai's site before.
From the sound test apparently, posted on 2ch:

スミイ酸 - ageha
スミイ酸 - 薔薇
z t s - stupefaction
スミイ酸 - 透百合
z t s - play
スミイ酸 - てくてく
スミイ酸 - Novelette
z t s - voiceless
スミイ酸 - 月夜
z t s - dead angle
スミイ酸 - path
z t s - suspicion
スミイ酸 - praise
z t s - witch in gold (cenbalo)
z t s - world end
z t s - world end_solo
pre-holder - Closed My Heart
荒井英理也 - Fortitude
dai - HANE
dai - Ride on
dai - Towering cloud in summer
土井宏紀 - Bring The Fate
北大路瑞希 - 弦楽四重奏曲第1番ト短調
dai - hope
dai - mind
プレコ - minute darkness
z t s - goldenslaughterer
-45 - 牢獄STRIP
dai - sea
-45 - system零
あきやまうに - nighteyes
dai - Requiem
ラック眼力 - オルガン小曲 第6億番 ハ短調
pre-holder - 暗闇の刻
dai - 夏の扉
pre-holder - 絵画の魔女
pre-holder - 痕音
dai - 白い影
ラック眼力 - 胡散の香り
dai - Core
pre-holder - 誘い
プレコ - 隣死
プレコ - 煉沙回廊
Old 2007-08-25, 19:32   Link #43
Bokunenjin

Thanks for the list, though coincidence has it I (finally) finished the game a few minutes ago and got to the sound test myself.

I thought it was a pretty damn good game. Can't wait for episode 2.
Old 2007-08-25, 21:08   Link #44
I<3killerloli's

Is it more interactive thatn Higurashi? How does it compare in terms of story and intensity? From what I've seen here, this game takes oan more Western kind of horror story mystery (creeypy mansion, family inheritance, witches/hauntings, even the names) rather than the first series.
Old 2007-08-26, 03:28   Link #45
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's View Post
Is it more interactive thatn Higurashi? How does it compare in terms of story and intensity? From what I've seen here, this game takes oan more Western kind of horror story mystery (creeypy mansion, family inheritance, witches/hauntings, even the names) rather than the first series.
From what I've gathered, there's no choices at all, like Higurashi. The characters have English-type names, but they're written in Kanji.

Also, I do find it hilarious that Kinzo is translated in Atlas as Money Warehouse. I need to go through Atlas configuring the names...
Old 2007-08-26, 09:31   Link #46
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

I actually stumbled on this when I was in Wiki and saw the game vids at YouTube. I was like ecstatic when I saw this game. Apparently, my life doesn't have to end after Higurashi after all.

Too bad that I won't get to see this until it gets animated (hopefully).

Oh yes, the OP song is sticking to my head like glue.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:06   Link #47
BakaOnna

Gak, I've seen the OP clip on youtube, and I love the song. Too bad I'll never get to play the game. Hopefully it'll get animated sometime in the probably late future.
Old 2007-08-26, 16:43   Link #48
Bokunenjin

It was a good 4 years between Onikakushi's release and the start of the anime, so you might be waiting for a while. Though if the only reason you're waiting for an anime is the game's language, Hinamizawaclub's translation project seems to be making rapid progress.
Old 2007-08-26, 20:19   Link #49
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

OMG. I can't get enough of that OP. I wish there was a full version already.
Old 2007-08-27, 02:26   Link #50
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I know same here~ It's so addicting!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-08-27, 17:47   Link #51
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I wouldn't consider Natsuhi to be moe, but I do sympathize with her as the only one who is serious about protecting the Ushironomiya household name despite her non-biological ties to the family. But yes, compared to the other female heads her age, she is the most good looking wwww

Shannon...well yes she is moe, but she kinda had her face blown off before we even got to know her more >w< I look foward to see more of her story in the upcoming chapters.

Jessica reminds me of Mion in many ways. Tom-boyish yet I'm sure she has a hint of tsundere-ness within her. She has all the characteristics of it, so she must be one!!!

And Maria...U-u- am I the only one who likes her?

Bernkastel - the tail is sooooo moe~!!!
Old 2007-08-28, 02:47   Link #52
Bokunenjin

I don't see the big deal about Natsuhi, though I thought it was funny to see how proud she was after her talk with Kinzou. I thought Kyrie and Eva had much more likable personalities from the little shown before they arrived at the house.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:19   Link #53
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just finished Chapter 1, and I find the story to be great.

I don't know why but Battler reminds me way too much of a older K1
Old 2007-09-05, 04:01   Link #54
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Can someone put up a screenshot of the mansion in the game OP (with and without the game logo, preferably)?

I'd appreciate it.
Old 2007-09-06, 16:13   Link #55
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspr8_rugged View Post
Can someone put up a screenshot of the mansion in the game OP (with and without the game logo, preferably)?

I'd appreciate it.

Is this what you were hoping for?

--

I'm surprise that this thread is only commenting mostly just on the characters... btw, kj1980 you're not alone. I like Maria - especially how she interacts with Battler. Although Jessica is my current favorite. Also, while I like the character designs (and this could be just me), but I can't help not to think to myself ジーク・ジオン

Anywho, is there anyone who thinks this "mystery" is solvable?
I know that Beatrice introduction in the Tea Party does make her appear to "exists" but I think she she only exists in the same way Frederica existed in Higurashi. Ms. Bernkastel herself stated that Beatrice is nothing more then the personification of the rule governing this world. So, her game is beatable!

Spoiler for My theory:
Old 2007-09-06, 22:43   Link #56
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Yes, yes, exactly what I need. Thank you very much.
Old 2007-09-07, 14:44   Link #57
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

After scraping for time for weeks, I finally managed to finish the first episode.

The premise of the story itself is great, although the setting began to feel a little claustrophobic to me halfway through, seeing as how the entire story takes place in a very small and confined area. I guess the feeling of openness and relaxation offered by Hinamizawa in Higurashi must've spoiled me and left me a little unprepared for Rokkenjima's enclosed and tense environment.

Like many others, the characters appeared somewhat eccentric to me when their designs were first revealed (some even said that the Higurashi characters were drawn better). As I played through the game though, I was once again reminded of how skilled Ryukishi07 is with character development. Unlike some other games, where the characters remain flat and stereotypical, Umineko's characters are round, each revealing many different sides in their personalities, and clearly displays growth in response to story events. This immediately made them much more likable to me. Battler is probably a prime example of how a character changes and grows throughout the story.

My favorite characters remain Battler, Shannon, Natsuhi, and *gasp* Genji. Jessica appeared to be a tomboyish bratty girl to me throughout the whole story, although we saw her tsundere potential when she gave her mom the scorpion bracelet.
Natsuhi is a 病弱 character, a pretty good moe property, although I highly doubt we'll see her in any moe/love situations. Still, I like her for her modest and honest personality.
Genji is just filled with that 渋いness, I love him.
Maria doesn't appeal to me because other than some novelty in her character (a dark side, knowledge in black magic, unique speech style), she really is just a kid. Her absolute trust in Beatrice's reward has made her unlikable to the other characters during the story, and to those people who are trying to find a logical explanation as well. I'm sorry to Maria-lovers, but I cheered when Battler clunked her.

The musics were beautiful, there's nothing more to say about them. The tracks played near the end were especially memorable (dead angle hit the right spot for me as an endgame track, Worldend and Bring the Fate both sound incredible), other tracks such as Hope, 白い影, 薔薇... I love them all.

As for the mystery itself, I was pretty content with just going along with the flow of the story, and halfway through the game I was already compelled to side with the witch-believers since there were just too many things that cannot be explained. However, if we were to explore the possibilities, then it's pretty much endless.

Of course, I assume that not everything we saw in the game are real (that is, some of the supernatural scenes are not what they appear, but has logical explanations). Beatrice's appearance during the tea party and her demonstration hopefully counts as a "if Beatrice really existed, this is how everything could've been explained" thing. (btw, Beatrice looked better than any other character in the game to me )

Still, the hidden tea party also gave us some of the most important hints regarding Beatrice. I suppose this made the game much more like Higurashi in terms of the existence of "rules governing the story".

Oh, and Rik- I mean Bernkastel was scary.

Like Level E said, if we were to pin this on a human, then we must look at who is clearly dead and who's not.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm refraining from too much thinking, since Ryukishi07 always manage to one-up my expectations. I'm looking forward to reading the second episode. ^^
Old 2007-09-24, 05:54   Link #58
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspr8_rugged View Post
OMG. I can't get enough of that OP. I wish there was a full version already.
me neither i love it *-*
Old 2007-09-25, 12:49   Link #59
oya-oya
うーうー!

Send a message via ICQ to oya-oya
Umineko is great, but... can anybody explain me how to unlock Bernkastel? Can't understand what to do with musicbox ><
Old 2007-09-25, 16:00   Link #60
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oya-oya View Post
Umineko is great, but... can anybody explain me how to unlock Bernkastel? Can't understand what to do with musicbox ><
The trick is similar to what Ryukishi07 did with his secret letter in Higurashi.

Go to the music box after finishing the game, and play the last track (弦楽四重奏曲第一番~). Keep replaying the track until the background graphic turns into a character tips screen.
Spoiler for background:

All you have to do next is go into the TIPs screen from the main menu and execute the characters in the same pattern as the background image, and the game will automatically start the hidden tea party.
Closed Thread