AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 05:04   Link #781
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Created a new thread for the second season by moving some posts from this thread.
Druaga no Tou: Sword of Uruk (second season)
Let's start from page 1 again and leave this thread to the first season.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 05:36   Link #782
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I think the second season is licensed since it's being advertised on the banner of the first season's YouTube page.

In other news, first season episodes have been put up again on YouTube. They'll be taken down again after Christmas day.

http://au.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 05:51   Link #783
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I think the second season is licensed since it's being advertised on the banner of the first season's YouTube page.
It's going to be streamed on crunchyroll with official subs by Gonzo like season one, so yes. However there's no reason to discuss that here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 09:43   Link #784
GreenLama
Banned

Well, I gave this series a chance this morning and I watched the first two episodes only to find that this anime is definatly not for me. The plot moved way to quick in my opinion and the story really was a mix of not making any sense and being too cliche, which is an odd combination. Well, at least I can say I gave it a shot and tried to get into it, I just find this series to be an aquired taste for anime fans....
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 20:34   Link #785
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
Well, I gave this series a chance this morning and I watched the first two episodes only to find that this anime is definatly not for me. The plot moved way to quick in my opinion and the story really was a mix of not making any sense and being too cliche, which is an odd combination. Well, at least I can say I gave it a shot and tried to get into it, I just find this series to be an aquired taste for anime fans....
The first episode is a complete parody fyi. Anyways, it's not really an acquired taste, though it is pretty cliche at first. After around ep 6 or 7, there's alot of foreshadowing, making the story more interesting, and the end of the first season pretty much blew away everyone that was watching it with its plot twist cliffhanger. I'm not gonna say to try watching it again or something though, just wanted to point that out.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 22:24   Link #786
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The first episode is a complete parody fyi. Anyways, it's not really an acquired taste, though it is pretty cliche at first. After around ep 6 or 7, there's alot of foreshadowing, making the story more interesting, and the end of the first season pretty much blew away everyone that was watching it with its plot twist cliffhanger. I'm not gonna say to try watching it again or something though, just wanted to point that out.
I re-watched the 2nd episode and I really felt like it was really good, I just hope to not run into another show like the first episode, which was really terrible in my opinion. The second ep was good and the ending was great where they thought that Jil killed Gilgamesh, makes me excited for the 3rd episode. I will continue on with this series and I hope that the 2nd season is going to be longer than 12 or 13 episodes, or that they will at least do a season 3.....
Old 2009-03-15, 03:56   Link #787
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
do note that there is an alternative version of the first episode which is not a parody.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 05:50   Link #788
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
I re-watched the 2nd episode and I really felt like it was really good, I just hope to not run into another show like the first episode, which was really terrible in my opinion. The second ep was good and the ending was great where they thought that Jil killed Gilgamesh, makes me excited for the 3rd episode. I will continue on with this series and I hope that the 2nd season is going to be longer than 12 or 13 episodes, or that they will at least do a season 3.....
Glad ya changed your mind, but many people liked the 1st ep =.=. There are 'silly' episodes, but nothing like the first ep.

It's not unfortunately. It seems that the 2nd season is gonna wrap up most of the loose ends. If there IS a season 3, which I highly doubt, it will be mostly unrelated to the first 2(other than setting).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 07:23   Link #789
GreenLama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
do note that there is an alternative version of the first episode which is not a parody.
Is there really? Why the hell would they make a "parody" episode in the first place, it seems silly to waste the time and money on something like that.
Old 2009-03-17, 18:25   Link #790
GreenLama
Banned

Just watched episode 3, it was okay, looks like the king is okay and the parties are approaching the tower, hopefully all goes well for them while they are in there, especially Jil's party. Things are beginning to look up for this series so far, i'm excited for episode 4....
Old 2009-03-17, 23:57   Link #791
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Is there really? Why the hell would they make a "parody" episode in the first place, it seems silly to waste the time and money on something like that.
Because................... other people enjoyed the parody episodes
if you looked at the youtube/Random curiosity or Crunchyroll comments people loved it. It was neither wasted or awful to many. But do keep watching do, I'm waiting to read your opinoin once you're near the end.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 19:36   Link #792
OkamiNoKaze

Cool show, with a great cliff hanger, I'll miss Ahmee, she was my favorite of the group, I loved the parodies in the first episode, the opening song is great, I find I liked the humor of this series, especially in the episode with the transforming traps, and the arcade episode. Onward to season 2

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg