Old 2004-09-25, 18:18   Link #121
venom1221

Heres a pic of character selection screen
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Ba...lectscreen.JPG
venom1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 18:52   Link #122
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Did anyone notice the guard break that Sasuke did to Kakashi at the end of the promo clip?

You can see it at 1:03 on the Promo Video thats linked to my 1st post.

Its intresting to see if only he can do that after openning the Sharingan, cause he opens it right before doing the guard break .
Old 2004-09-25, 20:18   Link #123
dnmt

I've been wondering that too. Either only he can do it after activating the sharingan or it's something all characters can do. I hope it's the latter... Sasuke is good enough as it is.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 20:23   Link #124
Captain_Dope

I think everyone can break guards if you attack someone hard enough or else Sasuke will be a very cheap character (like he was in GNT2)
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 07:21   Link #125
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I'm almost pissing my pants over here xD but hey, can someone try re-uploading the character selection screen elsewhere? It won't work on my end :\
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 07:32   Link #126
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme

there ya go

So.. do we know who all of these are?

| Naruto | Sasuke | Sakura?|
| Gaara? | Random | Kakashi | Lee/Gai |
| Chouji | Shino | Temari |
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 07:48   Link #127
Metalazo

Send a message via MSN to Metalazo
OMG this is NICE

Thx for this info i thought there would be only 3 new chars. but now even more.

I am really naruto 2 fan so this is going to be an awsome game also
Edit:

IS this for real!! also for the nintendo DS?!?!

Last edited by Metalazo; 2004-09-26 at 08:19.
Metalazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 07:49   Link #128
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I'd say

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura
Jiraiya, Random, Kakashi, Lee
Chouji, Shino, Temari
Old 2004-09-26, 08:49   Link #129
Ubougin
Raging Bull

Thanks for the screens man. I really appreciate it. Stuff like this is hard to get on yor own.
Ubougin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 10:03   Link #130
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubougin
Thanks for the screens man. I really appreciate it. Stuff like this is hard to get on yor own.
No big deal i think all Naruto fans deserve to play this game. I live in Egypt and i got the 2nd one online and i think you all need to play it.
Old 2004-09-26, 10:13   Link #131
Kidd
SD Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
No big deal i think all Naruto fans deserve to play this game. I live in Egypt and i got the 2nd one online and i think you all need to play it.
I think he meant the preview stuff, heh heh. Images and stuff.
Old 2004-09-26, 10:46   Link #132
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Do you guys think that Gaara will be able to transform into the "first form"? It could get very interesting..

(Finally got the game pre-ordered, yay!)
Old 2004-09-26, 11:05   Link #133
Kidd
SD Translator

I hope he'll be able to turn into - as my friend who sits next to me calls him - "Anal Gaara", too.
Old 2004-09-26, 11:18   Link #134
Captain_Dope

Too many people cant have power ups. Lee, Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi should be enough. I hope they balance it so that everyone wont always power up every time they fight.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 11:20   Link #135
Kidd
SD Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
Too many people cant have power ups. Lee, Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi should be enough. I hope they balance it so that everyone wont always power up every time they fight.
Lee doesn't in GNT2 does he? Might work out the same way for the others too.
Old 2004-09-26, 12:11   Link #136
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Some interesting reading below, Quoted from the GNT3 Gamespot Forums, written by EternalNewbie
------------
Ok, first, I will finish clearing up the other info and then head on to the new characters. First off, Kakashi pulls off his second super (combo followed by opponent falling on Raikiri) when he is at half health, it doesn't matter if he is in Sharingan mode or not. Random info, he can't copy Temari special (I tried), but he does Raikiri counter. Second off, even though Sasuke is now fused with Sharingan Sasuke, regular Sasuke now sports his black suit from the start and is as fast as Sharingan Sasuke even in regular Sasuke mode. Also, his normal teleport and kick he did in the other games now has the blur effect of Sharingan Sasuke's teleport and kick, plus the speed. But, still comes from the front. Also, as for the 4 (or was it 3, I can't remember) Chakra lights now, certain characters have regular moves that consume small chakra amounts of a number of the flames. Ero-sennin has one, but I will explain that later. Also, as I said earlier, going Sharingan with Sasuke takes 1 flame level. Ok, to conserve space, I will start a new post about the new characters.

Ok, on to the new characters. First off, the new playable characters at TGS were Ero-sennin (I will always call him that), Chouji, Temari, and Shino. Tenten was not playable sadly. I will start talking about the character I used the most and liked the most, Temari. She plays damn nice. First off, her jutsu attacks are as follows. Regular A is a gust of wind from her fan. You can tap it 3 times for her to blow three gusts (between each, she faces the oppoenent for the next, so if they side step the first and think that is it, they get hit by the second), or you can charge it for a stronger gust that goes all the stage's length. However, you can't follow up the strong with smaller ones by tapping, so it leaves you open. Plus, while charged, you constantly face the opponent (like Kankuro's puppet with his gas bomb). Even if blocked, the gusts have a good push back effect. Also, the small gusts still go 3/4 of the stage length, so you can attack well from a distance. Foward A is she just lunges foward using her fan folded up like a clumb to hit the opponent. Back A is she takes out the fan in front of her (like when she face Shikamaru and was hiding and planning a strategy near the end of the fight) in a counter space, and if hit, teleports... I believe into the air to do her air b button move, where she rides her fan like a divebomber as someone mentioned somewhere. I can't remember for sure though since someone only fell for that once. Down A is nice, she creates a small whirlwind around her, blowing anyone around her up in the air, which you can follow up by tapping A up to 3 times of blowing air gusts up into the air at the opponent. Up A is the gusts of wind up into the air, which like the others, can be done up to 3 times. During a Jump, the A button blows a gust of wind at a downward angle which covers good ground. As for her special, the same move she did in the preliminary round, blowing the opponent into the air to be cut in the middle of a whirlwind, followed by the opponent falling onto the fan folded up, and being thrown by Temari. Also, like Neiji's easy b, b then special combo from GC Naruto Two, Temari also can combo her special in with 2 b attacks followed by special. Since I am not sure of the limits on these posts, I will follow up with another post covering Ero-sennin and the rest.

Next, Ero-sennin. A good character, but takes some getting used to. I played as him a couple of times, but my friend I was with played as him as much as I played with Temari, which was alot. First off, the jutsus. Sadly, A, up A, and in the air A are just your plain ol Shuriken attacks. You know what those are like, and I believe there are 3 per wave with him. Foward A is your fire breath move, which you know from Sasuke and Orochimaru. Down A is that swamp move he used on the non-Manda snakes during the 3 way battle that just happened in the anime and a while back in the manga. It pulls the opponent down where he is into the ground, then spits them back up into the air. Kinda like Kakashi's pull down into the ground move, but Ero-sennin doesn't go to them, he just summon's the hold from wherever. This is nice since when the hole spits them back up, you can run at them and then combo them before they fall. Back A is his spikey hair shield. It reflects shurikens and does decent damage if someone physically hits it, but whenever it is hit, it takes away 2 flames of Chakra (half your bar). That may seem like alot, and I am not sure why they made it that way, but you can still do the move without any Chakra. Just be careful if you have full and are waiting to do a special and pull out your hair shield. As for his specials, he has 2. I never personally pulled off the second, but my friend got the hang of it quick. The first move is really powerful (took around 3/4 of my life off when I got hit). Ero-sennin summons a big toad, hops onto its back, and then does a huge ass fire breath that toasts the opponent. His second special is a bit more basic and is his down X move. In real-time, he summons a big toad right over the opponents head and tries to squish them. Now, I believe one time when I got hit by the toad, I lost 2 flames of my chakra, but I am not sure if the toad caused it or not, so don't quote me on that. Since I never personally pulled off the real time special, I am not sure if there is any requirement (like half health or something), but there doesn't appear to be from me facing my friend. Next up, Shino.

Ok, for everyone who has been waiting for Shino, you won't be disappointed. Personally, I never liked Shino that much, but in the game, he is a good and fun character to play as. On to the jutsu's! Regular A is an interesting move, but leaves Shino a bit open for attack if he doesn't get it off fast. He reaches his hand out, and bugs crawl from it and pour onto the ground. If you didn't get hit while doing this, the bugs crawl on the ground homing in on the opponent and once they reach him, start acting the same as the opponent being punched 3 times. Very good for making the opponent think twice before acting while the bugs are crawling after them. Sadly, I can't remember foward A, but I think it is the same as his in the air A where he releases a small cloud of bugs that travel a few feet in front of him. Back A, Shino stands a bit more straight, and if hit, turns to bugs and appears behind and facing the opponent. Down A, a favorite of mine. Shino reaches into the ground with bugs swarming around his hands, and a cloud of bugs appears around the opponent holding them in place for around 3 to 4 seconds. Now, I used this move alot for doing his special, but be warned about one thing. Although the opponent is taking no damage while the bugs are around their feet, they can still perform kawari/replacement technique whenever they want. Plus, this move is blockable. Besides that, a great move for just walking up to an opponent who doesn't have enough for replacement, and pulling off your super. Now, his super. I only saw one super, and the boards around the display said only Kakashi, Naruto, Ero-sennin, Rock Lee, and Sasuke have more than one super at this time (which reminds me, someone asked if Sasuke can now copy specials with Sharingan, but I didn't see it happen there. I didn't try, but doesn't look like yet). Anyway, Shino's special is he turns to bugs, the opponent looks around scared/confused, he appears kinda near the back of them, punches them to the ground, and the bugs then swarm them. His fighting style is kinda like Shikimaru's, where he pulls a few small punches, but also kicks alot. His in air B move is a jump kick downward. Next up, the final new character their, Chouji.

Finally, Chouji. Out of all the characters there, I disliked Chouji the most, but I saw more than a few people playing fairly good as him. Chouji really is about meat tank, pure and simple. Anyone hoping for him to have specials from the Sound 4 saga currently happening in the manga are out of luck (unless you didn't know him eating helps build chakra). Here we go with the jutsus. Regular A is actually not meat tank. Chouji flashes for a second, lunges foward, grabs the opponent, and gives them a good tossing. Back A, Chouji gets into counter posistion, striking the same pose as before he would do meat tank, and if hit, something happens. However, I never got physically hit like that, so I don't know. Down A is a nice move, but leaves him open. He eats his chips, and for each handful you get into his mouth before you get smacked by the opponent, you get a small chunk of chakra. Note that I said chunk and not Chakra goes up. It is not really a small refilling action, but more you get small chunks of chakra at a time. Hold down A to eat constantly. Just be careful, when you stop, there is still some time before he puts his chips away, and while eating, he is completely open. Foward A is a nice move, Meat Tank. Chouji goes Meat Tank, and rolls foward. Hold down A, and you can roll up to around 6 seconds. Let go of A at anytime to stop and go back to normal. Small amount of time being open while going back to normal, but not too much. A good player will know when to hit, but normally you can start blocking pretty fast to stop the opponent who will almost certainly try and attack you for meat tanking. In the air A is Chouji goes meat tank, and tries to fall on the opponent. Again, small amount of being open as he reverts to normal after falling. His special, he smacks the opponent onto the ground, goes Meat Tank (bigger than his normal special, but actually the right size as his meat tank in the manga/anime). He then rolls over them and squishes them. Actually is not that damaging of a special, but his movement for starting the special is he lunges across the field. Meaning, he does not just smack next to him, but if the player is anywhere one the same horizontal field as him, they get hit. However, this is easily side stepped. A good amount of Chouji players I saw basically sticked to physically comboing the opponent, occasionally foward A meat tanking them or trying to squish them from the air, and the second the oppent is down getting up, would take one bite of chips and stop. This was actually a good strategy because they focused that eating chakra on mainly replacement/kawari techniques, meaning they were never barely ready to replace. Either you comboed them right after a replacement, or you will face a Chouji ready to replace whenever he is ready. Ok, that wraps it up, and so I prepare to go to sleep. Any other questions, I will answer in the Japanese morning.
-------------

Added by hisshouburaiken
Temari's normal super is the kamaitachi she did to tenten, complete with the nasty "catching" of the opponents back with the fan. Her second super is an air super, where she sends some wind to the ground, which turns into two large tornadoes. This happens in real time, i.e. no cutscene.

Chouji really plays differently from other characters, and I personally liked him a lot. For the record, his counter is he puffs up to Baika size and smacks you away, and hif you mash A during his down + A chip eating more, he eats faster.

Other awesome GCN games this year are gonna be Resident Evil 4 (totally different from previous titles, is worth a show even if you didn't like the other games) and viewtiful Joe 2.

A final thing to remember: GNT3 is far from complete (they didn't even give it a percentage in the guide book) so a lot will surely change and be added in the meantime.
Old 2004-09-26, 13:25   Link #137
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
Lee doesn't in GNT2 does he? Might work out the same way for the others too.
He was refering to opening the gates, I believe, which isn't even a power up, although you get a nice red glow ^_^
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 13:34   Link #138
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakashi
He was refering to opening the gates, I believe, which isn't even a power up, although you get a nice red glow ^_^
And he was refering to Lee not using his powerup every time he fight.
It's something you only do when everthing seems hopeless, and you want to take the risk to do the ura renge
Old 2004-09-26, 13:59   Link #139
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Did anyone notice the guard break that Sasuke did to Kakashi at the end of the promo clip?

Its intresting to see if only he can do that after openning the Sharingan, cause he opens it right before doing the guard break .
I noticed the guard break as well... and I believe that it will add some of the necessary depth to this game... I'm guessing guard breaks will have to apply to everyone and not just Sasuke with the Sharingan on... guard breaks will make this game feel sorta like Street Fighter Alpha 3 or something... but that's a good addition nevertheless...

I personally liked that there are three "circular things" on the chakra meter now too... so for sure... there's gonna be the replacement technique, first level super, and then ultimate super attacks...

and abazou... where did you get those vids?
Old 2004-09-26, 15:04   Link #140
dnmt

No, the first circle is for powerups, second for kawarimi and third for supers. Read the stuff zamme copied from GameFAQs.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote