Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-16, 13:35   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Winter 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

List of titles scheduled :
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes -Second Season- (definitively on my watchlist)
Genre : Mystery, Fantasy, Comedy
Plot Summary : Sequel to the first season.
Only people who watched the first season (on its entirety ; including me) would watch the second season.

Highschool DxD (definitively on my watchlist)
Genre : Ecchi, Romance, Supernatural
Plot Summary : Issei Hyōdō, a dim-witted, lecherous second-year high school student, is killed by a girl on when he goes on his first date with his girlfriend Yuma Asano. Her true identity is Leinare, a fallen angel sent by a secret society Grigorie to eliminate dangerous divine weapons. Issei is reincarnated as a devil by his prettiest, superior student (senpai) named Rias Gremory, a Duke of Hell. Issei serves as Rias's low rank devil and fights against the fallen angels.

Recorder and Satchel
Genre : Slice of life
Plot Summary : The manga revolves around Atsushi Miyagawa and his sister Atsumi Miyagawa. Atsushi looks like an adult at 180 centimeters (about 71 inches) tall, but he is actually an elementary school boy. Atsumi looks like a little girl at 137 centimeters (54 inches) tall, but she is actually in high school.

Nisemonogatari
Genre : Comedy, Slice of life, Supernatural
Plot Summary : Sequel of Bakemonogatari.

Inu X Boku SS
Genre : Comedy, Supernatural
Plot Summary : Riricho Shirakiin is a young girl still living in his family home. It has, indeed, fear of living alone. However, it will eventually feel the need to move away from his family to live on her own. It is found as well in the hotel 'Ayakashi Kan'. But in this particular hotel, only those who have undergone a strict review can reside while being accompanied by a Secret Service agent (SS). Although Riricho rejected the SS officer in charge of security, she discovers that this same agent is none other than the spirit of the fox that she saved his life !

The New Prince of Tennis
Genre : Sports
Plot Summary : Sequel of The Prince of Tennis.
Only people who watched the first series (on its entirety) would watch the second series.

Another
Genre : Horror, Mystery
Plot Summary : 26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Kōichi Sakakibara transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Misaki Mei who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Rinne no Lagrange
Genre : Science-Fiction

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? -Jigoku Hen- (definitively on my watchlist)
Genre : Comedy, Ecchi, Magical Girl, Supernatural
Plot Summary : Sequel of the first season. Ayumu and his harem continues to fight against monsters and other creatures of evil spirits, but a new enemy named Chris appears in front of him.
Only people who watched the first season (on its entirety ; including me) would watch the second season.

Rules : First, select your winter titles you want to watch and then explain why you added your selected titles on your watchlist.
Exemple : "Highschool DxD : I'm looking forward to this show because it features beautiful character-design and interesting story" or anything like that.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2011-09-16 at 14:01.
Old 2011-09-16, 17:39   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Am I allowed to say none of them really interest me as of right now? If I knew anything about Rinne no Lagrange I might be able to say that piques my interest, but all I know is that it's sci-fi and I tend to like sci-fi.

Quote:
Recorder and Satchel
Plot Summary : The manga revolves around Atsushi Miyagawa and his sister Atsumi Miyagawa. Atsushi looks like an adult at 180 centimeters (about 71 inches) tall, but he is actually an elementary school boy. Atsumi looks like a little girl at 137 centimeters (54 inches) tall, but she is actually in high school.
Must....resist...urge....to make fun...of...premise....
Old 2011-09-16, 17:46   Link #3
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Am I allowed to say none of them really interest me as of right now? If I knew anything about Rinne no Lagrange I might be able to say that piques my interest, but all I know is that it's sci-fi and I tend to like sci-fi.
Well like always, Summer/Winter is filled with fodder and maybe 1-2 hit that became bigger than what it is because other title is too weak.
Old 2011-09-16, 17:57   Link #4
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Well like always, Summer/Winter is filled with fodder and maybe 1-2 hit that became bigger than what it is because other title is too weak.
That doesn't seem to be the case this winter, that's just Kaioshin's taste. We have BRS, Another, and Nise confirmed for winter along with a lot of other stuff that was announced previously that will probably air in Winter. It's already looking better than the past 3 years.
Old 2011-09-16, 17:58   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Yeah it's still way to early to call anything. This is obviously just what's been announced so as always it's wait for more info time.

By the way, I wonder if I'm still the only one that gets a kick out of the fact that Nisemonogatari basically translates as Fake/False/Phony Adventure Story and that everytime everyone says Nise they're essentially saying fake or phony. It definitely gives an amusing flavor when used in primarily English sentences.
Old 2011-09-16, 18:02   Link #6
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

It not even Autumn yet and the list still incomplete.
Old 2011-09-16, 18:22   Link #7
Xacual

I've said it before but we don't need these topics 3 and a half months in advance. Maybe a month to two months but not before the preceding season even starts.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-09-16, 19:21   Link #8
LordEmbok

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2011-09-16, 19:22   Link #9
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
That doesn't seem to be the case this winter, that's just Kaioshin's taste. We have BRS, Another, and Nise confirmed for winter along with a lot of other stuff that was announced previously that will probably air in Winter. It's already looking better than the past 3 years.
Well I'm not commenting about this winter list, but more about situation that usually happened in Summer/Winter (Hell, even this summer is total borefest aside MPD and maybe iM@S in hyped show)

And yeah usually there's big time seller like Bake (might happened again with Nise), Strike Witches, IS etc happened in Summer/Winter because of that, the other title is too weak to complete n the sales for the big hits is even bigger because people don't have too many thing to spend. I'm predicting this winter is only about Nise and one-two other title.
Old 2011-09-16, 19:33   Link #10
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Recorder and Satchel
Quote:
Must....resist...urge....to make fun...of...premise....
Reading that funny premise, followed by Kaishin Sama's reaction, made me split my sides laughing.

I agree with Xacual that this thread is too early, especially with a lot of titles yet to be revealed. Since this thread is already here, I'll just hook in and briefly mention what I anticipate seeing at the moment:

Milky Holmes
Saw the first season. This has a lot of potential to be good, in my opinion, especially if they stay true to the insane style of the first season.

Nisemonogatari
More motor mouths!

Black Rock Shooter
Could be good.

Another
Mostly because of the Ito Noizi art style, admittedly.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
Saw the first season. I don't anticipate this one not as much as the other series, but if people like it, I'll try it.
Old 2011-09-16, 20:06   Link #11
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Agreeing thread is too early. Will reopen when more info on Winter season is out.

Closed for now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread