AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-22, 10:21   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Well I haven't listened to his Tekken 5 music, not having played the game. I think Suzumiya Haruhi's music(or at least, just the day-to-day life tracks) also had that melodious, yet minimalist stamp of his inked all over.
If you ever listen to his Tekken 5 work, you'll straight away think 'Nagato vs Asakura'. & yeah, thats pretty much his style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Itsumo no Fuukei my best case in point. I love it, and it still stands as his best track for me.
Heh, you won't find me naming a favourite track from the Haruhi score. Far to many to choose from that i love.
Old 2007-06-23, 20:55   Link #202
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Un, Kousaki, definitely brilliant with music. I love how Funfundun dayo sounds and it seems real simple to play on a piano or keyboard. The series is almost halfway done but I hope there will be new music by then once those other girls show up too, of course.
Old 2007-06-23, 21:38   Link #203
Chinsuke

Is it just me, or is no one else anticipating the Lucky Channel Radio OP theme single?

And the Lucky Channel bits on the DVD Extra BGM CD were hilarious, it's so easy to imagine Minoru and Akira talking like that...the BGM tracks were nice too, just wish it had some of the parody tracks like the Gunbuster Launch theme too...
Old 2007-06-23, 21:49   Link #204
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinsuke View Post
the BGM tracks were nice too, just wish it had some of the parody tracks like the Gunbuster Launch theme too...
Well, keep in mind that there are 11 more such CDs to come, so they have to save some tracks for later.
Old 2007-06-24, 01:10   Link #205
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
So... wouldn't that mean there will be a total of like, 60 BGM? Well, that's a lot for the Lucky Channel segments too, but man...

Although I really enjoy Akira more here, I think her soft side is better. After listening to those tracks, I'm convinced of it.
Old 2007-06-24, 01:57   Link #206
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I love most of the soundtrack for Lucky Star (excepting the awful, awful synth instrument used in Konata's theme--good tune, BAD SYNTH), but splitting it up amongst so many releases is really, really bad juju.

Otaku exploitation at it's worst.
Old 2007-06-24, 02:03   Link #207
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBnoYouko View Post
So... wouldn't that mean there will be a total of like, 60 BGM? Well, that's a lot for the Lucky Channel segments too, but man...
Looking at what happened for the Shuffle! soundtrack CDs, I'd anticipate more than a few useless ones to appear in those though. (Upcoming various versions of) Konata's theme being the most likely indicator.
Old 2007-06-24, 07:34   Link #208
saihamaru
Loliphonica

i only have konata, and kagami's bgm, uguu....
i also have some of the lucky channel radio show, but honestly i don't understand most of it
Old 2007-06-24, 08:31   Link #209
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Hmm! After not visiting the Lucky Star subforum for quite a while...

I actually tried playing Motteke Sailor fuku on the piano. I don't even know if it belongs here. But, OH WELL. >_>

I know it sounds very bad at the moment but I feel high whenever playing it so I recorded it on whim. I'd be rerecording this for sure ^^""...
Old 2007-06-24, 11:23   Link #210
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I love most of the soundtrack for Lucky Star (excepting the awful, awful synth instrument used in Konata's theme--good tune, BAD SYNTH), but splitting it up amongst so many releases is really, really bad juju.

Otaku exploitation at it's worst.
Well, they're only splitting it up across the number of DVDs they're releasing. It's not like they're 12 CDs sold seperately. Now, releasing the series across 12 DVDs would probably also be considered exploitative, but it's a pretty common pricing strategy for Kadokawa. At least it's 1000 yen/release cheaper than Shuffle/Karin/Canvas 2/etc., etc.
Old 2007-06-24, 16:05   Link #211
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
I actually tried playing Motteke Sailor fuku on the piano. I don't even know if it belongs here. But, OH WELL. >_>
Would you happen to have the sheet music for that?
Old 2007-06-24, 18:10   Link #212
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you ever listen to his Tekken 5 work, you'll straight away think 'Nagato vs Asakura'. & yeah, thats pretty much his style.

Heh, you won't find me naming a favourite track from the Haruhi score. Far to many to choose from that i love.
Is the Yuki-chan vs. Asakura song actually out there? Loved the song, but I couldnt find a name.

On topic- I finally got my Lucky Star Single CD last week. The full Motteke! Sera Fuku! is awsome (I refused to listen till I got my CD). The other song (I cant read the name) is also a hoot. Cant wait for the ED and anyother songs from Lucky Star.
Old 2007-06-24, 18:49   Link #213
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

One thing I hate in Kadokawa soundtrack releases: Radio shows that I can barely understand occupy at least half of the disk. Just release the whole damn thing and be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Hmm! After not visiting the Lucky Star subforum for quite a while...

I know it sounds very bad at the moment but I feel high whenever playing it so I recorded it on whim. I'd be rerecording this for sure ^^""...
That sounds like a BGM for the show itself, especially the rapping part...highly usable in a "wild goose chase" mood.

Last edited by Claies; 2007-06-24 at 22:14.
Old 2007-06-24, 18:52   Link #214
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

EDIT: Elementary double posting mistake. You are free to burn me.
Old 2007-06-24, 21:54   Link #215
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
One thing I hate in KyoAni soundtrack releases: Radio shows that I can barely understand occupy at least half of the disk. Just release the whole damn thing and be done with it.
Well, this may be more semantics than anything else, but it's not really Kyoto Animation's fault -- they just animate the shows. The choice falls to Kadokawa, the publishers; obviously, they're just trying to get people to buy the Limited Edition DVDs. Not saying that it's a good thing or anything, just... know who to blame.
Old 2007-06-24, 22:14   Link #216
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, this may be more semantics than anything else, but it's not really Kyoto Animation's fault -- they just animate the shows. The choice falls to Kadokawa, the publishers; obviously, they're just trying to get people to buy the Limited Edition DVDs. Not saying that it's a good thing or anything, just... know who to blame.
Now I do. Thank you for the tip.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:32   Link #217
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Would you happen to have the sheet music for that?
Actually.... I do. But I modified it slightly quite a bit because the original score either didn't sound too right, or was too complicated. ^^''

Do you want it...? It's actually up on josh's anime sheet compilation, so you could just go there and find it somehow ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
That sounds like a BGM for the show itself, especially the rapping part...highly usable in a "wild goose chase" mood.
Didn't quite understand... Oh well; perhaps, I guess. o.O
Old 2007-06-25, 01:45   Link #218
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Ooh, thanks, got it! I knew about Ichigo's site, but I'd never heard of this one before.

The beginning ("ai mai sansenchi" part) and other similar sections sound a bit off, but I really don't know what to change to make it better. This calls for experimentation. Thanks again, innominate.
Old 2007-06-25, 05:59   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki View Post
Is the Yuki-chan vs. Asakura song actually out there? Loved the song, but I couldnt find a name.
The track you're looking for is on the second Suzumiya Haruhi soundtrack. You'll have a hard time finding the soundtracks now though --- they came with the limited edition DVD's.
Old 2007-06-25, 07:42   Link #220
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Ooh, thanks, got it! I knew about Ichigo's site, but I'd never heard of this one before.

The beginning ("ai mai sansenchi" part) and other similar sections sound a bit off, but I really don't know what to change to make it better. This calls for experimentation. Thanks again, innominate.
I used to go Ichigo's too! I actually linked to this site from there. ^^

With reference to the bold, are you going to try playing it too ^^ Yays! But it's a pity I don't really know what to change either. >< I know it sounds weird, I think I need faster fingers.
Closed Thread