081 - 090: Great... 34 26.36%
071 - 080: Very Good... 11 8.53%
061 - 070: Good... 6 4.65%
051 - 060: Average... 2 1.55%
041 - 050: Below Average... 2 1.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-24, 18:03   Link #61
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The jacket is hanging loose so it's not as emphasized. Chalk it up to a different style of animation.
Old 2010-06-24, 18:15   Link #62
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Chibi Hinata is too
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:19   Link #63
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Not surprised you Hinata fans voted his episode so high...even though 3/4 of this episode wasn't involved in the Manga whatsoever.
...or it could be that when people watch an episode they base their judgment on what the episode itself is about and not on how much of the manga is covered.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:39   Link #64
Who

...Oh god. Consider me a convert. Loli Hinata won me over.
Shame her fighting sequence was better done than Naruto's the past few episodes for the most part.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:50   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I gotta say, I really like the approach they used for this episode, better than the manga. The manga's was so fast, but here, it built up to a climax, esp having Hinata actually land a hit and fight, as well as re-established why she loves Naruto so.

Last edited by frubam; 2010-06-24 at 20:35.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:59   Link #66
Casshern

Hinata landing a hit against Deva Pain was the point at which the boundaries of fanservice were exceeded and we had entered the twilight zone.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:19   Link #67
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Hinata landing a hit against Deva Pain was the point at which the boundaries of fanservice were exceeded and we had entered the twilight zone.
Well it did do nothing. Her hitting the opponent is to knock out their chakra points and i'm not entirely sure what the twin lion fists was meant to do but it really seemed like a punch.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:23   Link #68
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The lion fist thing looked like it was meant to hit her opponents with more force or from a distance. Each time she strikes it looks like it's throwing chakra forward. Hinata never mastered the chakra point hitting as far as we know.
Old 2010-06-24, 19:30   Link #69
X207
Gamyūsa

i liked the animation style in this episode, hinata looked cool with the rough animation. i wouldnt like to see this animation style too much but its a nice change once in a while. it nice to see her say something in a serious tone than her usual self for the majority of previous episodes. i dont think ive converted but i find sakura had better fights before ie vs sasori. its too bad they dont show hinata fighting more battles in the manga.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:39   Link #70
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I gotta say, I really like the approach they used for this episode, better than the manga. The manga's was so fast, but here, it built up to a climax, esp having Hinata actually land a hit and fight, as well as re-established why she loves Naruto so.

This CLEARLY shows that Naruto will eventually end up with Hinata. I don't think Naruto ever went berserk for Sakura. Then again, Sakura never gets put in those situations =0\. This also shows the level of love that Sakura has versus Hinata.
this is something i did not want people assuming after the episode. thats why manga did it much better. naruto doesn't have to endup with hinata. but anime glorified hinata's love so much that he would look like an ass if he didn't end up with hinata. thats misleading in everyway.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:53   Link #71
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Not surprised you Hinata fans voted his episode so high...even though 3/4 of this episode wasn't involved in the Manga whatsoever.
How about the fact that not all of us read the manga???
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 19:59   Link #72
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
this is something i did not want people assuming after the episode. thats why manga did it much better. naruto doesn't have to endup with hinata. but anime glorified hinata's love so much that he would look like an ass if he didn't end up with hinata. thats misleading in everyway.
What are you talking about? There have been tons of scenes between Naruto and Sakura that are obvious yet subtle nods to the anime team trying to sail a ship that never was in the manga...A lot of people seem to forget that, so if the anime team did follow the manga to the book, then a whole hell of a lot more people would be shouting Hinata bias right about now...

Anyway, this was a great episode...It's was very emotional and touching in the way they viewed how Naruto had affected Hinata's life up to the point where she was willing to die for him...

...and it was also touching because the emotional connections were a stark contrast to Pain's brutality...Pain really is a merciless character; For the most part, the only protagonists that are really surviving a direct confrontation with Pain are either just skilled enough to escape death or are very damned lucky...Hinata was especially no exception...

I remember back when this chapter was released, people kept saying "He went into absolute berserker mode for Hinata but not for Jiraiya or Kakashi?" This episode finally made me realize the difference is that Naruto this time around is there to experience the "pain" that Pain is talking about...Jiraiya and Kakashi were killed in Naruto's absence, while Hinata was practically slaughtered right before Naruto's eyes...There's a slight emotional disconnection when someone you care about is killed outside of your line of sight; You feel the pain of death, but it's not nearly as excruciating or painful as being a live witness to an execution...

All that is really going to shove this "pain" stuff right back in Pain/Nagato's face...When Naruto goes into his berserker Kyuubi mode, then you know the pain is going to be dealt back at large, with Pain suffering vengeance seven fold for harming Hinata...

Ironic, though, that Naruto wanted to reduce his dependency on the Kyuubi's direct powers to null because during his battle with Orochimaru he accidentally harmed Sakura...Let's just hope that Naruto doesn't end up doing even more harm to Hinata than Pain did...

This is going to be some epic shit, and I can't wait to see it animated...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:04   Link #73
greyhame6

Quote:
hmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It wasn't. But the anime doesn't need to be a perfect replica of the manga to be good. It's an adaptation after all.
^that +

badass
greyhame6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:08   Link #74
X207
Gamyūsa

i think sakura will win over hinata for naruto. hinata may curently have a one sided love for him but it find the characteristics of his parents is more foreshadowing.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:12   Link #75
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

The Passion of the Hinata

If there was any doubt that this chick deserves to bear Naruto's children then here u go... Facing Pain took a lot of balls from Hinata, I feel for her

I don't care about the fact that the adaptation didn't follow the manga 1:1 because they just turned one dramatic scene into an even bigger struggle which I truly appreciate, and after all .. Hinata's sacrifice is the key to what is about to unfold...

However, having read the manga all I have to say is DAM YOU KISHI, seriously WTF? What is the point if u aren............!!!!! < Thought removed by a higher power, spoiler >
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:30   Link #76
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhame6 View Post
^that +

badass
*agrees*
btw:

^^up for grabs. This episode had a lot of good avy material IMO.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:36   Link #77
thermopyle

So instead of getting owned almost immediately in the manga, they pushed it into an entire episode? Le sigh. Course, I don't really give a crap about Hinata as a character so the entire episode minus the end was pretty yawn enducing.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:38   Link #78
lotus_lee

Finally Hinata is out of the picture paving the way for Naruto and Sakura!
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:41   Link #79
thermopyle

LOL, you won't be feeling that way when they animate a certain scene from the manga later on.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:41   Link #80
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88

Unlike the Gaara vs. Deidara fight, they managed to contain this within a single episode, and for all intents and purposes, I can personally appreciate the dramatic setup the anime team did in order to pave the way for a very justified berserker Naruto...

...I mean, really, if you don't care about character development and a lack of properly dramatized scenes, then please, Bleach is begging for people to come to the dark side...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion