AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 10:17   Link #21
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Oh shit, I thought Nanoha has been forgotten.

God is real.
Old 2014-08-15, 13:58   Link #22
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sankt Kaiser is real.
Fixed that for you.

One thing I am hoping for with Vivid is that 7 Arcs applies their experience with Dog Days and the Nanoha movies in animating it, given that in terms of animation the Nanoha series is actually rather average, with StrikerS getting the short end of the stick.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:03   Link #23
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Hum that was unexpected !
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:05   Link #24
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Meh, I hope it doesn't get overrun by fanservice. (Both the sexual and yuri fetishism kind) Yea, I know this is Nanoha, but Vivid just manages to make everything look so lifeless though that might also have to do with the character designs which I really didn't like (well I guess that Einhart girl looks okay. And yea Fate's there too.). Oh, and I hate Vivio. And if they're going to waste my time with even more non-committing NanoFate teasing, well I'm sick of that.

Would have preferred Innocent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 14:10   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
Move over, Cardcaptor Sakura!
Nanoha Vivid better than Cardcaptor Sakura? Not a chance in hell, unless you prefer action .
Old 2014-08-15, 16:27   Link #26
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nanoha Vivid better than Cardcaptor Sakura? Not a chance in hell, unless you prefer action .
I just started watching Cardcaptor Sakura a couple days ago (the original Japanese version, not the old US dub that got butchered and Americanized to the ground), cut me some slack But I love action, especially when you have girls kicking ass and taking names whether or not their Berserk Buttons are pushed.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 16:58   Link #27
momotaros

More Fate is always good in my book.
momotaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 17:37   Link #28
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nanoha ViVid getting animated but saying it's better than Card Captor Sakura is a bit of an exaggeration.

That beign said i'm pretty excited over this, unlike most comments i've read i like tournament arcs and i'm impatient to see the veterans animated and voiced, specially Victoria and Sieglinde.

I'll be a bit less welcoming of a FORCE anime but i'll watch it anyway. Hope Tsuzuki gets to continue the story.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-08-16 at 01:08. Reason: removed spoiler from Force
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 18:13   Link #29
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Nanoha ViVid getting animated but saying it's better than Card Captor Sakura is a bit of an exaggeration.

That beign said i'm pretty excited over this, unlike most comments i've read i like tournament arcs and i'm impatient to see the veterans animated and voiced, specially Victoria and Sieglinde.

I'll be a bit less welcoming of a FORCE anime but i'll watch it anyway. Hope Tsuzuki gets to continue the story.
Well, I'll admit I was very stoked when I saw the headline on ANN, so saying that ViVid trumps CCS when I just started it IS stretching it. Point taken XD

Gosh, has it really been that long since StrikerS aired? I remember marathoning through the show, and not long thereafter Sound Stage X was announced. Jeez, makes me wish manga like ViVid and Force (to the best of my knowledge) weren't monthly. Could get things out much faster, in my opinion.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-08-16 at 01:09. Reason: removed spoiler from quote
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 20:09   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I would rather watch Vivid than what Force eventually developed into so...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 20:38   Link #31
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well I would rather watch Vivid than what Force eventually developed into so...
Well, from a more practical PoV, Vivid have had more material for the anime team to work with. Force otoh progressed at a glacial pace and it was not helped by the publishing rate. And was eventually put on hold. I am just hoping that it IS an adaptation of the manga instead of building on it and counting on the viewers to have read the manga just to be able to remember who is who. Remember all those side characters and bridge bunnies who ultimately didn't matter in StrikerS? "No way you would have known about them unless you have read the A's To StrikerS manga! Hahahah!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 20:40   Link #32
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The problem with Force, of course, is that we get an idiot male MC slotted in.

Did u really have to bring that up?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 20:42   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Don't kid yourselves. They have about the same amount of content, but Force has more plot to it--ViVid has only recently begun to show signs of a deeper plotline, while Force explored its plotline right from the get-go. I imagine we'll get a Force adaptation regardless. The reason why we're getting ViVid first, I imagine, is because ViVid chronologically comes first. Y'all might not like Force but saying that ViVid has more is fairly incorrect. Whatever the reasons for choosing it to adapt, I don't think "it has more to work with" is one of them.

Also yeah, please no anti-male bias here. The only difference between Thoma and season 1!Nanoha is their gender, so if you condemn one you might as well condemn both, and this thread's about ViVid anyway. Force talk should be kept at a minimum, unless it relates to ViVid somehow.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-08-15 at 21:02.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 21:06   Link #34
Key Board
Carbon

the glaring issue with Force is that went into an indefinite hiatus
heck, it's still in a hiatus

only Togashi gets away with being in a hiatus this long
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 21:40   Link #35
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I also think Nanoha's comparissions to Tohma should be kept at minimum because it will get us to nowhere. They may have many similitudes but to say that Tohma is "identical to Nanoha except for gender" is a bit of a stretch. They both also have their unique merits and flaws.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 21:48   Link #36
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

This makes me happy will look forward to this,
Old 2014-08-15, 23:53   Link #37
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Also yeah, please no anti-male bias here. The only difference between Thoma and season 1!Nanoha is their gender, so if you condemn one you might as well condemn both, and this thread's about ViVid anyway. Force talk should be kept at a minimum, unless it relates to ViVid somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I also think Nanoha's comparissions to Tohma should be kept at minimum because it will get us to nowhere. They may have many similitudes but to say that Tohma is "identical to Nanoha except for gender" is a bit of a stretch. They both also have their unique merits and flaws.
Agreed. Let's keep any off-topic Force discussion OUT of this thread. Use the current thread instead.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 23:55   Link #38
maximilianjenus
[E]

I am glad that MMAhou shoujo is getting an anime, now I just hope they adapt the whole tenkaichi budokai arc, I kinda miss dragon ball.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 05:19   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why should ViVid have deeper plot. You should compare it with Saki or GuP. There's not so much plot aside from tournament itself but it looks great. Same here: the main plot point is matches and the bits of players back-stories and facts from Saint King Unification war just make it better. There's no need for some other plot IMHO. It's a good thing to have some other type of Nanoha season for once. Although I haven't read Infinite library arc (no translation after 48 chapter yet). Maybe it's even better. But it would be a bit hard to cram even Tournament arc in 2-cour series. So unlike they plan more seasons I bet we'll have 1 arc adaptation.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 12:23   Link #40
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That is kind of true. I never watched Nanoha for the plot, and in fact it's been pretty silly every time they tried to engage in some serious worldbuilding/complexity and I really wouldn't want them to introduce a bunch of characters and situations and forget about them anyways. At the same time, I guess it also doesn't mean they shouldn't try either. I mean, Saki was entertaining for a while, but it sorta lost its novelty value as time went along to me, for example.

The best attempt at a plot was A's, and there were many parts where it was made convenient to have cool fights and stuff, and it benefited somewhat from that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nanoha