Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 16:23   Link #1021
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thats what i saw as well i didnt see it as sexual. A life or death situation like that a person adrenal gland would be going insane and after the fight the Adrenaline in your system would still be present for a while making you more emotional and feeling more physical. What i saw was her having the shakes.
This is what I saw.

YMMV for the minority that sees it as sexualized.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:23   Link #1022
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Shoujo mangas do sexualize the violent rough male love interest.
They romanticize roughness and dominance, not violence. They do not feature sadists who have a fetish for violence. These men are not portrayed as being aroused by killing something. Please, just, don't talk about this stuff when it's clear you don't know anything about it.
Quote:
Shonens generally do portray battle crazed characters as if they are aroused just from the act of fighting.
I like how you use "as if". In what way? What did the author make them do to get you to think they're aroused? Are they blushing? Are they fondling themselves like Ange? What? Again, your wishful thinking is not based in any way on creators' intentions.
Quote:
Only with male characters its okay, because battling is considered masculine. But oh a female character doing it, she must be kinky. She should get back in the kitchen.
Clearly I'm functioning under a wrong assumption that we're all familiar with the effects of orgasm and the effects of adrenaline on a person.
You are equating fighting with arousal just to make it seem like guys are also sexualized when they're in life-or-death situations, because you have nothing else to rely on. This logic curiously fails when it comes to female characters. Females are such weird creatures you see. They don't make you assume they're aroused by being really into a fight, oh no. Unlike men, women squish their boobs, make an O face and blush after they make a kill. Did you know their adrenaline glands are directly connected to their reproductive system? Fascinating creatures, those women and their weird reactions.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 18:26   Link #1023
Astraeia

I remember reading a story long ago where the male protagonist was met with a large-scale battle and death for the first time. Afterwards, he was very sexually aroused. Which freaked him out until it was explained to him as natural; drive to procreate in the face of death. Don't ask me for the title, it was too long ago, but it definitely exists in respectable literature.
Old 2014-11-06, 18:57   Link #1024
Tiberium Wolf

OK! Only today I watched the ep 5. For moment I though I was watching Yuuki Rito from To-LOVE-ru. Were the writers out of ideas that they needed to copy some other anime?
Old 2014-11-07, 08:26   Link #1025
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Can you guys seriously imagine a guy acting like that after a fight? Fidgeting with his eyes half-closed, blushing and grabbing his chest for some reason. I mean really? Even after fighting in several battles?
It looked like she was hyperventilating. Seen that, and weirder stuff.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2014-11-07 at 08:37. Reason: spelling
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 13:05   Link #1026
Dahak86
Classics never age

While waiting for the next trashy episode:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-11-07, 15:45   Link #1027
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

*sigh* I am really the only person not finding this series trashy, aren't I?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 16:07   Link #1028
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Well....if you look past all the ridiculous outfits they are wearing that makes you wonder are they working for Hugh Hefner, all of the panty shots, the ecchi scenes, there is a deep story underneath all that.:
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 16:33   Link #1029
askara

Ange's character is really inconsistency expecially the sudden change in ep 5, going from bitching crybaby to cold as ice asshole to tsundere to friendly tsundere. and it is kinda unrealistic how some people want to be friend with her when she act like a total bitch.

Hope Tsuk get a paramail too instead of being a damsel in distress
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 17:10   Link #1030
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

The outfits don't bother me at all, the panty shots are actually reasonable, and all the ecchi scenes have legit context to them. I say all this as someone that loathes ecchi.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 17:26   Link #1031
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Quote:
You're not. I care more about the plot and the dragons than trying to sexualize every little thing out of the show. Mainly the dragons, because where else in anime have they been prominent?
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 18:20   Link #1032
IceHism

Quote:

It just means they couldn't ignore all the ecchi.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 07:30   Link #1033
Astraeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
Ange's character is really inconsistency expecially the sudden change in ep 5, going from bitching crybaby to cold as ice asshole to tsundere to friendly tsundere. and it is kinda unrealistic how some people want to be friend with her when she act like a total bitch. [...]
Inconsistent? Nope. Quickly developing, yes, but it's been a one way route so far. Taking a little more time and not screwing up the moods all the time would've gone a long way to make it more obvious, but so far it's not inconsistent or yoyoing. As for other people accepting her... Empathy, a rare skill it seems. Besides, it's only the squad's Onee and the awkwardly-trying-to-befriend mascot so far. I really like the mascot's awkwardness in those scenes, by the way. Let's hope it's intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
You're not. I care more about the plot and the dragons than trying to sexualize every little thing out of the show. Mainly the dragons, because where else in anime have they been prominent?
Off the top of my head I remember Seikoku no Dragonaar with boatloads of dragons and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou with Peterhausen in a central role. Chaika has one, too? Pretty sure there are more shows...
Old 2014-11-08, 09:41   Link #1034
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Whoa.... this thread is rather serious And here I thought an all girl cast was going to be paradise, when I found out there was going to be a male I would have thrown up if my health was that bad

Speaking of which, someone tell me that was not a coincidence. Last week's Madan No ou Vanadis episode 04 had snakebite booby sucking, and this week's Cross Ange had that Tusk, that.... bastard perform snakebite thigh sucking on Ange.....SUNNOVA I can't believe that Tusk. That bastard sucked the most glorious part of a girl's leg: her inner thigh I don't get jealous of male characters that much, but oh my I want to eliminate that Tusk.... while podracing

Quote:
I'm finding this series un-trashy granted my reason's are not the same as the average person enjoying this show, but I do like what I see, and look forward to every new episode
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 10:36   Link #1035
Pablete
Banned

Tusk was a fact since the anime announcement and reinforced by ep.1 as the return of the legendary Kira Yamato.
Old 2014-11-08, 10:58   Link #1036
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Tusk was a fact since the anime announcement and reinforced by ep.1 as the return of the legendary Kira Yamato.
That's true, but when most of the promotional material made him look like a no-name side character, it made me desire my paradise more and more
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 11:59   Link #1037
Key Board
Carbon

gotta admit. This was an interesting reversal

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 12:04   Link #1038
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 12:16   Link #1039
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I like how you use "as if". In what way? What did the author make them do to get you to think they're aroused? Are they blushing? Are they fondling themselves like Ange? What? Again, your wishful thinking is not based in any way on creators' intentions.

Blushing or a look of lust sure.
Old 2014-11-08, 13:01   Link #1040
Pablete
Banned

Some is trying hard to troll with HxH song? Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
That's true, but when most of the promotional material made him look like a no-name side character, it made me desire my paradise more and more
No names don't appear in Key Visual or next to the main character alone, nude, in the space along with a mecha. coughgundamcough.

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance