AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 22:14   Link #7121
Discreet
The Fascist

Your Moderation displeases my Optimism.
Discreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:15   Link #7122
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaura117 View Post

...turnoff.
WHAT?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Do some of all the other twins while you're at it.
Maybe after we get our current project finished....
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:15   Link #7123
Jintor

You have to file a request report in triplicate before I can even consider consulting with the appropriate heads of character change.

/EDIT Kaisos that's probably one of the best summing-ups of SuzumiyaHaruhiNoYuutsu I've ever seen.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:15   Link #7124
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
Your Moderation displeases my Optimism.
Everything in moderation Discreet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Kaisos that's probably one of the best summing-ups of Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuuutsu I've ever seen.
I concur.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:19   Link #7125
kaura117
Word Moe

Quote:
WHAT?!?!?!?!

I'm sorry, but I don't do loli. I'm a man with a wide range of taste in women.
kaura117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:21   Link #7126
JDGBOLT

Location: Roasting in my dark cave in the Hellfires of Mesa AZ
Send a message via AIM to JDGBOLT Send a message via MSN to JDGBOLT Send a message via Yahoo to JDGBOLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
I'd say it looks good, but Kyonko shouldn't appear since she's the narrator. My opinion anyway,
Yeah, I've thought of that, but in my personal opinion, we'll get something extra by having Kyonko able to show emotions, that's not how it is typically done in visual novels, but I think it'll add something to it. Also gives us an excuse to have Kyonko fanart, may not be the usual way of doing it, but I think it'll work pretty well.

JDGBOLT
JDGBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:24   Link #7127
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaura117 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't do loli. I'm a man with a wide range of taste in women.
And what is the difference?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:25   Link #7128
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
And what is the difference?
He wants another set of twins first, is how I interpret it at least.

Old 2008-03-31, 22:27   Link #7129
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
About the Haruki headband/headphone...watever arguement..
Why not make it versatile?
Haruhi used to change hairstyle everyday..

so Haruki
Monday-Headband
Tuesday-Headphones
Wednesday-??
Thur-??
Fri-??

help a brother out here
On Monday it's 0, so it's nothing. Tuesday is a vertical headband. Wednesday is a vertical and a horizontal. Thursday is 2 vertical and one horizontal. Friday is 2 vertical, one horizontal, and headphones.
Old 2008-03-31, 22:33   Link #7130
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
A sudden thought: What if there is a H-Doujinshi concerning the Asahina siblings?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2..._kyuinjin1.jpg

Think about it.... A meeting between the ultimate Loli and Shota......
I'll only support this when I'm sure someone is drawing the Parallel Connections script haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
I'd say it looks good, but Kyonko shouldn't appear since she's the narrator. My opinion anyway,

The game should be like Duel Love.

Edit: Mikuru isn't a loli! Where is my DFC!??
Busty loli. I know busty loli to you, is like drawing a mustache on a work of art, but not everyone feels the same
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:33   Link #7131
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGBOLT View Post
Yeah, I've thought of that, but in my personal opinion, we'll get something extra by having Kyonko able to show emotions, that's not how it is typically done in visual novels, but I think it'll add something to it. Also gives us an excuse to have Kyonko fanart, may not be the usual way of doing it, but I think it'll work pretty well.

JDGBOLT
Yes...since almost all the pictures are Kyonko pictures....

Reward for Hard workers....enjoy the music
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:41   Link #7132
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
Those lines just gave me the impression that Kyonko was in actual disbelief over what was happening to her. And that point after having gone into closed space with Itsuko, after having watched two androids fight and after being visited by a time traveler, it seems a little late for such a reaction.

Of course I say this before having actually read any of the genderbent versions, but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to say here. I'm all for Kyon being in denial over what she has to do, but like you I get pretty obsessive over these kinds of details, at that point I think Kyon should probably be a little less cynical, a little less skeptical, even a little less snarky and just possibly... maybe... a little more hopeful.
Kyonko may have seen all that, but she's just a normal human being, which is even verified by Itsuko. There is nothing which indicates to her that she's in a story.

Actually, let me clarify: there's a lot to indicate that she's living in a fantastic world, and that there's a story here, but there's nothing saying that the story is about her. She could well be mook cannon fodder, for all she knows. The damsels in distress generally don't want to be one, but they don't have a choice in the matter. The hero of the story generally knows what to do, but Kyonko doesn't, so she's likely to be someone rather less important to the story.

So at that time, she sticks with what she knows, what she's good at, which is Common Sense.

Now, I agree completely that Kyonko will be more hopeful of adventure waiting around the corner. But at that time, after being told that it's the end of the world by Itsuko, and being given a cryptic hint by Yuuki, she's not thinking about being hopeful. She's thinking that she's utterly normal, and there is (to her knowledge) nothing she can do to prevent the end of the world.

Haruki thinks: end of the world, great fun! Kyonko is less optimistic, since it's the end of the world.

Of course, later, when Kyonko works it out (and figures out her feelings for Haruki), she'll get that sense of hope. (Which her innate snarkiness will try to snark around, but it's a habit.) When she's preparing to kiss Haruki, she'll know that yes, she can be an important part of the Story, affecting it in her own way, and that she matters. (And if it doesn't work, it's the end of the world anyway.)

But sitting in the club room, utterly alone, I think Kyonko might be fairly skeptical that she has a task to accomplish in the first place, much less that it would matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
The original novel was so badly edited it took me about a day to tear the original plotline back from it.

Ok that's overexaggerating a little but I still found it hard to get the emotions I presume Tanigawa poured into it out of the triple-translated editmess that was the e-novels.

I will consider your application to add 'Hope' to the Kyonko design and get back to you on that.
For my volume 1 stuff, I'm actually working with the original Japanese novels, and using the B-T translations as, well, a translation, along with what little Japanese I know. (Kyon's non-monologue dialogue I can understand, but when Yuki opens her mouth to infodump, my eyes start to cross.)

As a direct translation, it's quite accurate. Some parts I would have translated differently, but it's only semantics. The awkwardness comes across primarily because it's a translation, and translations inherently lose something. (Or add something, like punctuation; dialogue in Japanese tends not to have any.)
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:42   Link #7133
kaura117
Word Moe

Oh, yeah, as a reminder, we've put up a channel to funnel away the crack. Actual productivity stays in thread, story discussions too.

It's on irc.rizon.net, channel #kyonko.
kaura117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:45   Link #7134
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
For my volume 1 stuff, I'm actually working with the original Japanese novels, and using the B-T translations as, well, a translation, along with what little Japanese I know. (Kyon's non-monologue dialogue I can understand, but when Yuki opens her mouth to infodump, my eyes start to cross.)

As a direct translation, it's quite accurate. Some parts I would have translated differently, but it's only semantics. The awkwardness comes across primarily because it's a translation, and translations inherently lose something. (Or add something, like punctuation; dialogue in Japanese tends not to have any.)
Oh, no, I know it's accurate.

It's just not readable.

You know how peeved I get at the differences. It's partially why I was campaigning so hard for the Kyonko Confederacy.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:47   Link #7135
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Danchou-sama, are you in the irc.rizon.net #kyonko room? we need to verify your existance xD

Better yet, is your name Jeff?
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:48   Link #7136
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
Danchou-sama, are you in the irc.rizon.net #kyonko room? we need to verify your existance xD

Better yet, is your name Jeff?
Jeff desu. Yoroshiku.

Old 2008-03-31, 22:49   Link #7137
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
A sudden thought: What if there is a H-Doujinshi concerning the Asahina siblings?
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2..._kyuinjin1.jpg
Think about it.... A meeting between the ultimate Loli and Shota......
....there's no dominative one, both be too embarassed. Turnoff indeed.
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:54   Link #7138
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Setting up Chatzilla for the IRC channel. It's been a long time since I've been on Rizon, and my nick registration has expired.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:54   Link #7139
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Free crack on IRC. Come join in the madness.
Forceflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:02   Link #7140
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceflow View Post
Free crack on IRC. Come join in the madness.
Butt... I have to go all the way and download it again... cough...
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan