AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 9 20.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 48.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 18:35   Link #41
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
IF that was the case why did Touko run straight to the Rose mansion instead of the statue? I cant fathom her going there empty handed the longer she waits the higher the chance someone else will find Yumi's card Sachiko has obviously already figured out where it is yet she did not leave the Rose mansion.
Maybe it was the translation(s) but I was under the impression that Sachiko was waiting for Yumi to give away the location rather than actually knowing where it was. If she knew exactly where it was I don't think she would hesitate to grab it.
Old 2009-03-27, 07:41   Link #42
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Best part of this episode was Rei's hand on her face when Chisato walked in with the yellow card. If you hadn't twigged to the fact that Rei gave the card's position away, that clinched it.

Good thing about having too much RL work is that cliffhangers aren't as painful when you know the next episode is coming out tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-02, 06:00   Link #43
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Yeah, I kinda agree with this. It was a good ep, but there were some rather odd choices made with the camera directing, like that scene, and the scene when Rei entered with the yellow card and they showed the various reactions of the girls in the room on a split screen, which is the type of technique that's usually associated with shounen anime. And the scene where Yumi reacted to seeing Shimako and Noriko exchange chocolates... I thought that was over-the-top too. As we know, Yumi has an awful poker face, but she's never been so self-absorbed in her reaction that she's hit herself on the head. I thought that was just... silly; Yumi's lapses of self-awareness are generally a lot more elegant than that.

I liked this episode, even if it did end on a rather evil cliffhanger. I'm still trying to get my head completely around the analogy that Noriko used to describe Yumi to Touko, and how Touko wasn't going to find Yumi in a small room and she was underestimating her for thinking that. But this episode did reinforce the idea that's permeated throughout this story, that Yumi's unguarded honesty makes Touko, who's naturally defensive, uncomfortable. I liked Sachiko's analogy that Yumi is like a mirror, and that one doesn't always like what they see of themselves in that mirror. But I think there's something more to Sachiko just liking Yumi, as she says to Touko. I think there's something about the Yumi mirror which has allowed Sachiko to redeem the worst parts of herself in her own eyes. I kinda got the feeling from that scene that she wants Touko to go through the same thing with Yumi.
Closed Thread