AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-17, 19:24   Link #101
Battler-kun

Damn it, Oda is sure taking often a break.......

Also the need to see the rest of the SH crew again grows from day to day.

I think i should forget One Piece for a while (some years ) and then read the whole in thing in one swoop.
That's way more enjoyable i think.
Old 2009-09-17, 19:40   Link #102
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Damn it, Oda is sure taking often a break.......
You said it, it's quite a pain. < grumbling: "Sassafrassarassum..."

Quote:
Also the need to see the rest of the SH crew again grows from day to day.
Ever since Sabaody Archipeligo, I've been wanting to unleash my anger in the One Piece world that would cause the kind of impact similar to the one made between the final two chapters of WATCHMEN.

Quote:
I think i should forget One Piece for a while (some years ) and then read the whole in thing in one swoop.
That's way more enjoyable i think.
Easy for you to say, I worry about the story most of the time plus the added weight of the events in One Piece: Strong World. I worry how this would affect the relations with Luffy and Nami.
Old 2009-09-17, 19:44   Link #103
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Indeed. For being a rookie pirate, Luffy's actions are unprecedented. That, combined with the fact that he has exalted himself in notoriety (the whole world knows his name by now) and grown substantially in strength in such a short period of time, is what has caught the attention of everyone. This chapter simply served to emphasize all of this, by even having the big names (elites) comment on him.

Also, now that Jimbei has officially made his resignation from the shichibukai, I wonder who will take his place in the future? Perhaps a pirate veteran from the New World, or maybe one of the supernovas?

I know some people were saying they might not be any shichibukai after this. I was say there still going to be them but now i have now idea how it going to go . We have jimbei leaving , BB gone AWOL so that makes 2 of them gone. Who knows what the hell hancock going to do now that luffy here. Then we have kuma we have no idea whats going on with him.
Old 2009-09-17, 20:10   Link #104
rpy1991

I want to know the full details of the Marines' plan. Luffy and co. may have an ace in the hole that'll help WB.
Old 2009-09-17, 21:06   Link #105
SMASHERJACKSON

want to see sentomarou or mags or kuma vs luffy during the war, though out of the 3 i expect mags to go up first and then kuma though it mite be later on, sentomarou mite be with vegapunk and smoker will prolly hav his duel in a later arc.

As for kizaru, luffy doesnt seem quite on the level of him yet so itll be interesting to see how all this progresses.
Old 2009-09-17, 21:49   Link #106
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^As much as I like to see a mag vs luffy rematch as well, keep in mind that Impel Down is 4 hours away from where they are, by ship. Mag's still on Impel Down (torturing Mr 2....). So I dont think a rematch is possible.

My guess is that he would face off again Kuma, because he was the one who spelled the final defeat for the straw hats, and Luffy hasnt forgiven him about that. He has no idea what Kuma did anyway. Kizaru is way out of his league at this point. Would love to see Luffy vs Sentonmaru, but unless Luffy learns how to use haki properly, he isnt going to damage Sentonmaru at all
Old 2009-09-17, 22:37   Link #107
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Also, now that Jimbei has officially made his resignation from the shichibukai, I wonder who will take his place in the future? Perhaps a pirate veteran from the New World, or maybe one of the supernovas?

Yeah, I still think any of the non-Straw-Hat supernovas have pretty good chances of recieving amnesty from the government. I believe I said before that this would be the best way to determine who amongst the group of rookies would become Luffy's future enemies in the New World (and seeing as Kidd and Law stood out the most amongst those other 9 supernovas, they seem to be the most likely Shichibukai candidates so far)......
Old 2009-09-17, 23:10   Link #108
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Two things that have been bothering me. First no matter how big a battle is, you do not have the right to call it a "war". especially if you are gonna cramp a bunch of people in the same place. A war is fought on different fronts at the same time with nation-sized number of participants. Anyway, so far a big fat nothing has happened. It's as if everyone was stuck in a turn-based RPG, waiting for the people before them to finish their turn.

Second, complimenting your enemy is NOT something that you should do every two pages. In a weaksauce story you have a secondary character talk about how great the main character is. If it's a good story then you show it, have the hero prove it themselves. I don't want all of these arch-villains impressed by some kid right off the bat, I want them to grudgingly admit it some 100 pages later, to see have it forced out of them. Where is their experience and ambition? If you gonna just drop your jaw that easily, what does that say about you? I want a character who's like "Whatever...Saw this being done a million times and it wasn't in my top ten to begin with". You know?
Yeah, this is the truth.
So far, you can pretty much blame Oda Eiichiro for crap writing...Luffy just stupidly falls into this so called war and these supposed highly decorated pirates of all the world praise him? Where da hell is Magellan? Go praise Luffy for that *** kicking he got then?

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-09-17 at 23:28.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:11   Link #109
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Man.
Spoiler for Manga Pic.:

Bad Ass!
Nuff Said.

I knew Crocodile and Whitebeard had a connection. I bet he's the one who gave Crocodile that scar. I also think Luffy was out of line speaking to Whitebeard the way he did. Whitebeard should've smacked him. But it depends on the translation, because the translation I read, Luffy was a rude and Whitebeard is famous for disciplining children.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-09-17 at 23:34.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:15   Link #110
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^As much as I like to see a mag vs luffy rematch as well, keep in mind that Impel Down is 4 hours away from where they are, by ship. Mag's still on Impel Down (torturing Mr 2....). So I dont think a rematch is possible.

My guess is that he would face off again Kuma, because he was the one who spelled the final defeat for the straw hats, and Luffy hasnt forgiven him about that. He has no idea what Kuma did anyway. Kizaru is way out of his league at this point. Would love to see Luffy vs Sentonmaru, but unless Luffy learns how to use haki properly, he isnt going to damage Sentonmaru at all
Well he has to fight someone, and I think Kuma maybe a bit out of his league too. I mean it took all of the Strawhats (including Luffy) to beat a Kuma clone, the real Kuma as we all know is much stronger. As for Sentomaru, he's been heavily linked with Vegapunk, who hasn't even made an appearance yet. So I think Luffy is going to deal with Sentomaru at or around the same time they deal with Vegapunk.

I personally feel that Luffy is going to fight someone with no personal connection to him, or perhaps someone we haven't seen or seen much of at this point. I seem to recall that, as far as major villains are concerned, Luffy has never beaten a marine. So maybe he'll get caught up in a fight with a VA.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-17, 23:22   Link #111
AnbuItachi

luffy vs coby hahaha
Old 2009-09-17, 23:42   Link #112
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I also think Luffy was out of line speaking to Whitebeard the way he did. Whitebeard should've smacked him. But it depends on the translation, because the translation I read, Luffy was a rude and Whitebeard is famous for disciplining children.
Um...dude that's just Luffy, if he all the sudden changes then I would be like "WTF?" The way he acted and what he said is exactly what I expected him to do and say. That's why he can continue to rise, by not getting intimidated.
Old 2009-09-17, 23:50   Link #113
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Of course WB would find Luffy interesting. Just image that you are going to participate in the once-in-a-life-time athletic event, then a kid come by and said he would run along and be faster than you. You will be amused by that idea.

The chapter was hilarious and in the same time awesome. I actually lol when Jinbei say "Geezz these devil fruit users...." ^^)
Old 2009-09-18, 00:01   Link #114
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Who Luffy is gonna fight eh? There's a large selection but I have a feeling it's going to be either a Vice Admiral or one of the Admirals (most likely Akainu).

As for Croc and Jimbei they'll probably be fighting the Shichibukai. Being former ones themselves it'd make sense.

I also expect Luffy to execute some whole new super-uber move by the end of this arc like he usually does. My guess would have to be "Gear 3rd: Gomu Gomu no Gigant Gatling Gun", which would probably completely annihilate the majority of Marineford.
Old 2009-09-18, 00:06   Link #115
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Risingstar, you're right about WB response. I had a bigger shock seeing Iva's face being so big, even when I saw it before.

When all the devil fruit users sink in the water once the ice melt, I guess we'll see Jimbei in more action, this is a premonition when I saw the statement, "Geez those Devil Fruit users..." He definitely going to dominate once he's in the water. Which is probably why Sengoku was so desperate to keep him on their side.

Having Kidd as a shinchibukai. If he is able to abandon his ideals (He was willing to kill, and has killed, people who ridiculed at his dream), that can happen. However, I'm seeing a higher probability of pirates in the New World becoming Shinchibukai, because they were proven and tested, not rookies (even if they're supernovas) who have not been to the New World and see how its like.

Now I'm interested to see the former shinchibukai vs the current one. As much as i find the idea of Buggy vs Doflamingo funny and plausible. I also thought of the idea of croc vs Doflamingo. Jimbei will dominate anyone once he's in the water, but on land I havent thought of a suitable opponent for him.
Old 2009-09-18, 00:08   Link #116
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I also expect Luffy to execute some whole new super-uber move by the end of this arc like he usually does. My guess would have to be "Gear 3rd: Gomu Gomu no Gigant Gatling Gun", which would probably completely annihilate the majority of Marineford.
I predicted this awhile ago, but I fully expect Luffy to give one debilitating blow to at least one Logia-user before this arc is over...

As for who he should fight...maybe a Vice-Admiral...or maybe a Moria rematch (though we still do not know if Moria can seperate his full shadow while in the sunlight)...there are not many other opponents I can see for Luffy on this warfield...
Old 2009-09-18, 01:53   Link #117
Master Mold
Banned

This Chapter sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I admit I'm guilty, but Bleach does deserve its bashing. It's REALLY lame...
The title under your user name, doesn't convince me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Of course, theres a reason OP outsells Naruto and Bleach in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
You like what you like, can't be helped... But really, if the current events don’t do it for you then what does? It's the freaking One Piece All Star Game right now, how can you not be jumping in your chair?
Yeah its an all star game, all right, with all the all star players ridin the bench.

What are you getting out of your chair for?
Old 2009-09-18, 05:25   Link #118
ShadowKiko

Maybe Luffy will fight Garp

It would be fun see him go agains his grandpa

Also Garp and Sengoku are really close to Ace so maybe we will see Luffy v.s. Garp and Wb v.s. Sengoku
Old 2009-09-18, 06:21   Link #119
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Um...dude that's just Luffy, if he all the sudden changes then I would be like "WTF?" The way he acted and what he said is exactly what I expected him to do and say. That's why he can continue to rise, by not getting intimidated.
Point taken. But still, by the end of this war, how far Luffy is from being the king be thoroughly ingrained in his being. Which would only make aim to be stronger really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
luffy vs coby hahaha
That's what I want! Its a little disappointing to see Coby acting like that, not really surprised about Helmeppo. But I want Coby to be... the next Garp or watever. Basically I want him to be able to fight on par with Luffy and Supernovas in the future, I think it would be awesome to see. But who knows.

Quote:
Who Luffy is gonna fight eh? There's a large selection but I have a feeling it's going to be either a Vice Admiral or one of the Admirals (most likely Akainu).
Naw, Luffy isn't strong enough to fight an Admiral, imo. But who knows, I can't see who Luffy would fight.

Quote:
As for Croc and Jimbei they'll probably be fighting the Shichibukai. Being former ones themselves it'd make sense.
I think Crocodile is going to go after Whitebeard before the war is over.
Old 2009-09-18, 08:19   Link #120
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^Luffy is way to weak to fight an admiral by himself...if he had to fight an admiral I bet he will tagged with jinbei or one of NewGate commander...and a backup from ivankov co.

seeing the WB reaction uppon luffy..like he care about him rather than pissed off about luffy rude thing is because hes respect upon shank and Ace...in the end The New Gate Captain have a little faith uppon the rookie...

I hope this chapter is the end of serial face chapter....to many face shown in one chapter...we need more focused chapter...or it will be a borring one....

Spoiler for Killer Words: