AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad series - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 280 64.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 96 22.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 7.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 2.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.16%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-12, 02:54   Link #601
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

渚~坂の下の別れ - Warm Piano Arrange

Missing that. lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:40   Link #602
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post

Missing that. lol.
You're right, how could I forget the music. That piece multiplies the emotions of that scene because of how beautiful it is.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:14   Link #603
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Talking

So having now seen all three other Key Series, I felt should come back here and say this: Clannad/After Story is without doubt the best key series in terms of music, animation, romance, side characters, drama, storyline/plot, emotional involvement, and overall *runs*.

So ya Clannad is definitely my personal favorite of Key series still after seeing them all.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:17   Link #604
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So having now seen all three other Key Series, I felt should come back here and say this: Clannad/After Story is without doubt the best key series in terms of music, animation, romance, side characters, drama, storyline/plot, emotional involvement, and overall *runs*.

So ya Clannad is definitely my personal favorite of Key series still after seeing them all.
Hmmm Key Series, Clannad/Kanon whats the 3rd one?

Also

Quote:

Missing that. lol.
Painos are always are the best for emotional moments... Especially for this anime..
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:38   Link #605
DeX-kun

Quote:

No need to run, you're in the Clannad sub-forums after all I have to agree but I'd go as far as saying that Clannad is probably the best within it's genre.

Granted not the best Comedy but I'd say the best romance/drama in the last decade or maybe ever, although I admittedly haven't seen every romance/drama anime out there. But I've seen my fair share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmmm Key Series, Clannad/Kanon whats the 3rd one?
Air is the first key series followed by Kanon which was then remade into Kanon 2006.

Then we have the Clannad Movie that was released in 2007 and finally the Clannad TV series that we all know and love.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-08-12, 18:26   Link #606
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Air is the first key series followed by Kanon which was then remade into Kanon 2006.

Then we have the Clannad Movie that was released in 2007 and finally the Clannad TV series that we all know and love.
Woah Woah..... A Clannad Movie?? never heard of it.

So it was Air that was the "First" key series, I just recently started watching that, and it did have the similar references as Kanon and Clannad
Old 2010-08-12, 18:57   Link #607
DeX-kun

Quote:
Woah Woah..... A Clannad Movie?? never heard of it.
Probably because the Clannad Movie was released before the TV series although the TV series came soon after in the same year. The movie is a different interpretation of the plot but you can give it a watch. Personally, I really didn't like the movie much but there are some that did enjoy it.

Still I don't think the movie is on the same level as the TV series, but you should give it a watch none-the-less.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-08-12, 18:59   Link #608
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Probably because the Clannad Movie was released before the TV series although the TV series came soon after in the same year. The movie is a different interpretation of the plot but you can give it a watch. Personally, I really didn't like the movie much but there are some that did enjoy it.

Still I don't think the movie is on the same level as the TV series, but you should give it a watch none-the-less.
I'll give it a watch anyway because if its anything involving Clannad after watching the TV series I would watch it
Old 2010-08-12, 22:17   Link #609
Buleria

Clannad is the best anime there is! The characters are realistic and loveable, and always try their best. I loved After Story too, it was just so beautiful.

I think the show has nice messages about supporting and helping others. Also, the music is great!

Tied with Ouran as my favorite anime! Everyone can learn from this show (:

Last edited by Buleria; 2010-08-23 at 22:18.
Buleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:18   Link #610
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buleria View Post
Clannad is brilliant. I think its one of the best animes I've seen. The characters are realistic and loveable, and always try their best. I'm still watching After Story, but I'm sure it wont dissapoint.

I think the show has nice messages about supporting and helping others. Also, the music is great!
You'll love After Story more then the first season clearly for the fact that it doesn't let up on emotional events.
Old 2010-08-13, 01:45   Link #611
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Be sure to have a towel handy.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:05   Link #612
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
No need to run, you're in the Clannad sub-forums after all I have to agree but I'd go as far as saying that Clannad is probably the best within it's genre.

Granted not the best Comedy but I'd say the best romance/drama in the last decade or maybe ever, although I admittedly haven't seen every romance/drama anime out there. But I've seen my fair share.
True, but still some people get heated 'debate'[aka attempting forcing their opinion] on the best of Three Key Romance Series .

Ya Romance/Drama is strongest points for sure and comedy was good to amazing at times, so not the best part of Clannad it's still a good enjoyable part at certain scenes were pretty hilarious and memorable.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 05:07   Link #613
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Quote:
True, but still some people get heated 'debate'[aka attempting forcing their opinion] on the best of Three Key Romance Series .

Ya Romance/Drama is strongest points for sure and comedy was good to amazing at times, so not the best part of Clannad it's still a good enjoyable part at certain scenes were pretty hilarious and memorable.
You can say that again.
Spoiler for Favorite part of comedy:

Although when it comes to the comedy department, clannad seemed to be able to hit the mark at the right times, or at least I thought. Then again, Clannad series hit the mark for everything with me and I say it is the best out of the 3 KRS (Key Romance Series).
Old 2010-08-13, 05:13   Link #614
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin of Memories View Post
You can say that again.
Spoiler for Favorite part of comedy:

Although when it comes to the comedy department, clannad seemed to be able to hit the mark at the right times, or at least I thought. Then again, Clannad series hit the mark for everything with me and I say it is the best out of the 3 KRS (Key Romance Series).
Not to be a smarty but I think you mean "Tomoya" the names Tomoyo and Tomoya can be very hard to get used to.

"Also do you mean this part that was hilarious?"

Spoiler for Father vs Son:

"Nagisa = Drunk = Hilarious things will be involved"
"Sanae has big boobs" I myself would *facedesk*

Spoiler for Nagisa's Drunk!!:
Old 2010-08-13, 08:09   Link #615
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
XD Yes. Well both of them are rather funny.
Old 2010-08-13, 13:20   Link #616
DeX-kun

Quote:
Most certainly. A lot of people have strong opinions about certain shows but going by the numbers I've seen in various websites, Clannad is up there with the best of them and neither Air or Kanon are close. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Air and Kanon as well but Clannad is on another level for me.

Quote:
"Nagisa = Drunk = Hilarious things will be involved"
"Sanae has big boobs" I myself would *facedesk*

Spoiler for Nagisa's Drunk!!:
Drunken Nagisa ftw!~

It seems like drunken Nagisa can make even Tomoya flustered and nervous for once

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-08-13, 13:27   Link #617
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Quote:
Most certainly. A lot of people have strong opinions about certain shows but going by the numbers I've seen in various websites, Clannad is up there with the best of them and neither Air or Kanon are close. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Air and Kanon as well but Clannad is on another level for me.

Drunken Nagisa ftw!~

It seems like drunken Nagisa can make even Tomoya flustered and nervous for once
Every hardass has a weak point and Nagisa is his. Actually they are a perfect pair and they feed off each other.

<.< Although I am the same way. Most of the time I am not affected by women unless I like someone, then I cannot resist when they start in on certain things (like Nagisa drunk thing).
Old 2010-08-13, 13:41   Link #618
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Well, to be fair, a newer show has its advantages just because it's fresh in the minds of viewers, and there are probably many people that just haven't heard of the older show.

This is especially true of Air, which was made pre-Haruhi craze and so is a bit more obscure. It's visual style is also a bit more dated than Clannad and Kanon so that affects quite a few folks as well. (the bug eyes are worse there.) It also is kinda different so a rather different group of people like it. In fact, I had pretty much been in that group and it took me a while to watch the other two.

I also kinda think that in Kanon vs Clannad, that people are more attached to what they saw first.

Quote:
Drunken Nagisa ftw!~

Umm, later that night... did they umm... Is that how Ushio was born?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:44   Link #619
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Umm, later that night... did they umm... Is that how Ushio was born?
Spoiler for Saving up Space:

Nagisa brings up the idea, later on = Them getting it on one night = Ushio being born later on.
Old 2010-08-13, 13:47   Link #620
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh yea, how could I forget that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote