AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 10:02   Link #1361
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Does anyone has information on the DVD OVA? (The OVA which was rumored to come with the DVD releases).
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 10:42   Link #1362
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
Does anyone has information on the DVD OVA? (The OVA which was rumored to come with the DVD releases).
Hmmm...well, dangitsdon brought up an "unedited Episode 00" in this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangitsdon
request thread for: Episode 00 uncut.

who has heard of it? who has seen it? true or not?
Quote:
i just figured out its the real thing.
it came as a DVD with the CD single for god knows/lost my music.
i need to get my hands on it.
Not sure if that's the same things, but we're waiting for any word or RAW sighting of it. Hopefully someone can get their hands on it and let us know if there's new material or if it's a re-cap.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 10:54   Link #1363
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well for quite some time ago, someone posted around here about a 'Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 Director's Cut 40 Minute Special'.

Its kyoani's way of sticking with the novels, where Haruhi said maybe they should release an 'Asahina Mikuru Director's Cut Special'.

And so far, the latest news I've heard of the Episode 00 special, doesn't seem to be going to last 40 minutes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 12:56   Link #1364
Animexcel

^I would like to see the Mikuru sequel Haruhi plans to make xD lol
As for a Director's Cut of Episode 00, I hope that comes out to some extension.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 18:41   Link #1365
aldw

I wasn't referring to a carbon copy, but more along the ideas of the great person changing history motif that underlines many of the Gundam series, something like that could easily be used, hell Babylon 5 and others use similar themes and yet remain their own thing.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 21:35   Link #1366
aldw

It just occurred to me that if this were something out of Star Trek every single omnipotent being (Q, Organians, et al) would probably be gunning for Haruhi's butt (destroying or threatening to destroy universes would provoke something like that)...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 21:51   Link #1367
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw
It just occurred to me that if this were something out of Star Trek every single omnipotent being (Q, Organians, et al) would probably be gunning for Haruhi's butt (destroying or threatening to destroy universes would provoke something like that)...
:Sniffs:
Do I smell cross-over fanfiction?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 08:44   Link #1368
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw
Yeah and then the crew of the Enterprise would probably have to jump in to defend her and there would be a plotline about how insufferable and difficult she was with the crew and the debate would be over whether she actually poses a threat or if she should be allowed to live her own life.

There was an episode like that with a woman who was a Q but didn't know it, then when she found out she tried to seduce Riker and then decided she just wanted to live peacefully by the end, or maybe she joined the continuum, I can't remember.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 09:00   Link #1369
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well I thought Q also has met their evolutionary stumbling block and cannot advance any further like the data entities actually...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 09:42   Link #1370
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
man now Haruhi DVD Edition...
/bangs head into wall
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 09:45   Link #1371
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well Haruhi is both protected and acting as a threat.

Who knows how many organisations, groups, and/or individual beings etc are fighting over for her interests, for their own purposes etc.

Even if the SOS-dan aren't doing anything to save/stop her, I'm sure there would be someone/something out there who would be doing something.

Old 2006-07-19, 12:06   Link #1372
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Wow, this show looks pretty popular these days...Is it really that good?

Already a top 25 show on animenfo.
SkyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 12:09   Link #1373
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon
Best show in the last 3-4 years.

Relax and laugh through the first episode because it may catch you off guard. You'll find yourself falling into the story from episodes 2-9 and then by the end of episode 10, your spine should be numb, you should have goose bumps running up and down your arms and your body hair should be stiff to the touch. Episode 12 slams it home and episode 14 leaves you satisfied.

Run don't walk. Watch it NOW!!

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-07-19 at 12:22. Reason: Nose hair in the eye.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 17:49   Link #1374
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Quote:

Best show in the last 3-4 years.

Relax and laugh through the first episode because it may catch you off guard. You'll find yourself falling into the story from episodes 2-9 and then by the end of episode 10, your spine should be numb, you should have goose bumps running up and down your arms and your body hair should be stiff to the touch. Episode 12 slams it home and episode 14 leaves you satisfied.

Run don't walk. Watch it NOW!!
And don't scare If Episode Are Random Place
Watch it and don't stop!
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 22:15   Link #1375
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
i think Haruhi is more of the Genre "Teenager's Century" stuff.
so thats why its attractive to a high point.
"NEVER LISTEN TO SUSUMIYA HARUPI, OR WHATEVER THAT IS!!!" -Mom
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 01:40   Link #1376
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Well I thought Q also has met their evolutionary stumbling block and cannot advance any further like the data entities actually...
I remember an episode of Voyager where the crew travels to the continuum which appears to the Voyager crew as a gas station and two old men who are actually Q are playing chess. If I remember correctly they actually say they want Janeway to help them find a way to lose there mortality because they have done and know EVERYTHING possible and impossible within all limits, reason, and any possibility AND they are now incredibly bored. It's not that they can't advance any further its that there's nowhere else to advance to, except possibly death which they've never experienced.
Old 2006-07-20, 01:43   Link #1377
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

No its not THAT good, its just a really good show compared to many others in recent years. I'd recommend it, I enjoyed it and there wasn't even a giant robot anywhere in sight. Too me personally no non-mecha show can ever win completely in my book but there are many series I still enjoy that aren't mecha, most of them are action or sci-fi though. Note that I'm not making an obvious pitch for you know what this time.......

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-20, 02:31   Link #1378
arias

I don't know how many times I must go over the fact that we all have our own opinions.. People tossing around their opinions as if they were objective. Again.

You could really spend more time at the Legend of Galactic Heroes thread. I'll even provide you a link: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...alactic+Heroes
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 15:52   Link #1379
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Alright Haruhi's website's activity log has been completely updated and Yuki-san has provided all of us with her observations.

Haruhi's website: http://www.haruhi.tv/
The activity log: http://www.haruhi.tv/activitylog.html

The activity log is managed by Yuki as stated at the top of the page. She leaves comments for each episode, her observations of the day. But if you highlight the page with your mouse or with alt+A, you'll see that there are 'secret messages'. These secret messages are the important parts of the episode, well for most of them.

Here's the full translation of Yuki's comments in the activity log:
Quote:
Words in normal font = Yuki's black kana, blue italic words = secret white kana, brackets = my comments.

Episode 1: ... SOS-dan's movie for the festival. ...visitor code confirmed...(she's refering to us, spotting this secret lol)
Episode 2: Suzumiya Haruhi enrols North High, SOS-dan is formed... ...No anomilies...
Episode 3: Computer recieved. The purpose of SOS-dan is briefly revealed ...The words for Kyon...
Episode 4: 9th inter-city amateur baseball competition Pointless stress...
Episode 5: Koizumi Itsuki, 1st SOS-dan meeting Interesting place, the library...
Episode 6: Lodging together, mansion on a deserted island Tamaru brothers, Arakawa, Mori, cold impressions
Episode 7: 1st consultation for SOS-dan 436pb, cricket...
Episode 8: Murder incident, sudden typhoon Closed circle, meitantei (famous detective) Kyon...
Episode 9: SOS-dan's normal day Start of change...(ooo I wonder who's she's refering to;D )
Episode 10: Asakura Ryouko's school transfer Awkwardness, Temporal clone from a different timeplane, reconstruction
Episode 11: Game battle von Neumann-type computer, dishonesty(she's refering to the com club cheating), trust...(refering to Haruhi and Kyon's trust)
Episode 12: North High Festival Fortune telling, live, Gibson LTD SG Spl...?
Episode 13: Truth for school transferring ..., colourless world, closed space
Episode 14: Ordinary world, normal days. Interesting person, pointing device, creation of a new world...

>to the library again...
You may also want to read my complete website update/secrets guide, on Hongfire Forums: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=101

Old 2006-07-20, 18:07   Link #1380
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
And so far, the latest news I've heard of the Episode 00 special, doesn't seem to be going to last 40 minutes.
Yes, this is a really strange rumour... the Episode 00 DVD is already out (came out a few weeks ago), and it's not significantly extended, if at all. No DVD came with the CD Single for God Knows/lost my music, firstpress or otherwise. And there is no DVD-exclusive episode, OVA, or anything else - at least none announced. The solicited 8 DVDs cover the 14 episodes of the show. There are no announced plans to release an extended edition of episode 00. Where does all this speculation come from, anyway? The only "rumour" that does seem to be fact is that the episodes on DVD will be shown in chronological order (Haruhi's order) as opposed to TV-airing-order (Kyon's order), with the exception of episode 00.

Edit: Oh, I think I figured out where one of the rumours came from:

Quote:
i just figured out its the real thing.
it came as a DVD with the CD single for god knows/lost my music.
i need to get my hands on it.
I think this was just a misunderstanding. The God knows/lost my music CD came with the extended (full) version of the OP of episode 00, not a DVD with the episode itself.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-07-20 at 18:21.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen