Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-10, 19:12   Link #1
Katsuo
eh?

suggestions

Heya, well at the moment im out of shows to watch, so instead of looking for a certain kind of anime just post your favorite as a suggestion instead.
thanks
Old 2006-11-10, 20:10   Link #2
jedinat

5 favorite overall:
Trigun
Juuni Kokuki
Haibane Renmei
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Hellsing/Ultimate

5 favorite this season:
Red Garden
Code Geass
Negima!?
S-Strain
Asatte no Houkou

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-11-10 at 20:37.
Old 2006-11-10, 22:03   Link #3
ImClueless
Rawr

Second pretty much all of jedinat's suggestions plus recommend Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu as the series that got me back into anime.
Old 2006-11-10, 22:06   Link #4
MamoruUsagi

Sailor Moon 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series

The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series, gets married, has a child and shares a wonderful love story and become husband and wife.

Fushigi Yuugi is a great romance/fantasy series. The couple is boyfriend/girlfriend for a long time in the series and a great couple.

Fushigi Yugi is a great romance/fantasy series. The manga is a lot longer and better than the anime. The manga goes in deeper. The couple are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating during the series and share a magical, fantasy romance.

Ayashi no Ceres Manga only. There is a lot of scenes with the main couple making out in hotel rooms.

Marmalade Boy 76 episodes, great romance series. The couple are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating during the series.

Bokura ga Ita Great and realistic romance series. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend early on in the series.

Happy Hustle High Cute manga.

Peach Girl Great series

Mars Good romance series, the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend early on. Manga serues.

Kare First Love The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend early on. Manga series.

Kare Kano His and Her Circumstances Famous series, anyone should watch this.

Kodocha Manga ONLY. Not the anime, the manga is way better.

Boys Over Flowers Manga version only, way better.

Akuma De Sourou Good series.

Pichi Pichi Pitch Mermaid Melody Sweet series.

Othello had such real characters.

Absolute Boyfriend Good series.

Paradise Kiss is good.

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series, the couple being boyfriend/girlfriend and dating for a long time during the series and getting married and becoming husband and wife and having a child is the best.

For some links

Marmalade Boy

Bokura ga Ita

H3 School

Fushigi Yuugi

Ayashi no Ceres

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-11-10 at 23:33.
Old 2006-11-10, 22:33   Link #5
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Send a message via Yahoo to Taraqs
Airgear the first part of the first episode kinda drags you out of the experince but stick too it and you will like it alot.

Naruto The manga is better than the anime because Of no fillers I just finished all 330 chapters and it gets really good at the time skip but bewere the version that I read had alot of cussing in it.

One piece again the manga is really good! but so is the anime. I think the manga is pretty far along so you will have to read alot to catch up but the way the story flows is amazing and how they put comdey in almost everything without it being dull or dry is kool ^_^. Bleach is the last one but not least the Anime ownz on this one. I like the anime for theses reasons. The fillers are good. The comdey is ok but should make you laugh. The action will keep you entertained but IT kinda gets boring after a while.
Old 2006-11-10, 22:50   Link #6
Zarion
Obsessive...

You might have already seen these, but some good animes I've seen are:
Excel Saga - The awesome and completely crazy anime, this might be my absolute favorite. It's not much in the romance department, but it's hilarious!
The entire Excel Saga series is on YouTube.
Love Hina - A very good anime about a boy who becomes the manager of an all-girls dorm, a bit of fan-service, and some romance, mostly between the two main characters.
The entire Love Hina series is on YouTube
Tenchi - There's three series in Tenchi, and they're all excellent. The main characters is sadly one of those guys who doesn't stand up for himself, but the storyline is fun enough to watch, and the characters are interesting enough that it doesn't really matter. The two main girls in the series are madly in love with Tenchi, and are always fighting over him. Madness ensues.
I have all Tenchi on DVD, so I don't know how available it is online.
Mahou Sensei Negima! - This is an excellent series about a young child-prodigy boy who is a mage, and his training involves him teaching a class in an all-girls school. The characters in this series are all excellent (I particularly like Ayaka), and the storyline is very good. There are a bunch of filler episodes in the middle of the series, mostly they focus on one character or another.
I've seen the entire Negima! series on YouTube. Does anyone know where I can see the sequel, "Negima!?" - Thanks!
Girls Bravo - This is a series that some will love and some will hate. There's a lot of fan service in this one, but it's so much fun to watch anyway (not that fan service is bad). There's also a perverted guy in this series who, again, some people will love and some people will hate. I personally find him very amusing. Anyway, the humor in Girls Bravo is excellent, and although the plotline is a bit odd a times (aren't they all?), it's still fun to watch.
Again, this entire series can be found on YouTube.
Old 2006-11-10, 22:56   Link #7
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Send a message via Yahoo to Taraqs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarion View Post
You might have already seen these, but some good animes I've seen are:
Excel Saga - The awesome and completely crazy anime, this might be my absolute favorite. It's not much in the romance department, but it's hilarious!
The entire Excel Saga series is on YouTube.
Love Hina - A very good anime about a boy who becomes the manager of an all-girls dorm, a bit of fan-service, and some romance, mostly between the two main characters.
The entire Love Hina series is on YouTube
Tenchi - There's three series in Tenchi, and they're all excellent. The main characters is sadly one of those guys who doesn't stand up for himself, but the storyline is fun enough to watch, and the characters are interesting enough that it doesn't really matter. The two main girls in the series are madly in love with Tenchi, and are always fighting over him. Madness ensues.
I have all Tenchi on DVD, so I don't know how available it is online.
Mahou Sensei Negima! - This is an excellent series about a young child-prodigy boy who is a mage, and his training involves him teaching a class in an all-girls school. The characters in this series are all excellent (I particularly like Ayaka), and the storyline is very good. There are a bunch of filler episodes in the middle of the series, mostly they focus on one character or another.
I've seen the entire Negima! series on YouTube. Does anyone know where I can see the sequel, "Negima!?" - Thanks!
Girls Bravo - This is a series that some will love and some will hate. There's a lot of fan service in this one, but it's so much fun to watch anyway (not that fan service is bad). There's also a perverted guy in this series who, again, some people will love and some people will hate. I personally find him very amusing. Anyway, the humor in Girls Bravo is excellent, and although the plotline is a bit odd a times (aren't they all?), it's still fun to watch.
Again, this entire series can be found on YouTube.
Yea I forgot about love hina. You can also try vash the buster slayer. They have it on youtube also and its bascily like naruto except its more of an rpg game and a story at once but the main characters brother dosen't want him to become a vandel buster but he dose instead and after some years of leaving the village he ocmes back some years later and helps teh village out before going on he's journy. Its ok in some ways but it takes some time to be like THIS IS COOL.
Old 2006-11-10, 23:46   Link #8
Ptolemi
Banned

I don't suggest Girl Bravo and i suggest Love Hina even less, but that is just me
Old 2006-11-11, 00:45   Link #9
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

My top5 favorites:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Scrapped Princess
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Fullmetal Alchemist
Air

Another notable series:

Shakugan no Shana
Elfen Lied
Fate/stay night
Mahoromatic

From the currently ongoing Soukou no Strain looks the most prommising imo.

And i would suggest to stay away from Love Hina
Old 2006-11-11, 03:40   Link #10
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraqs View Post
Yea I forgot about love hina. You can also try vash the buster slayer. They have it on youtube also and its bascily like naruto except its more of an rpg game and a story at once but the main characters brother dosen't want him to become a vandel buster but he dose instead and after some years of leaving the village he ocmes back some years later and helps teh village out before going on he's journy. Its ok in some ways but it takes some time to be like THIS IS COOL.
It's not Vash the Buster Slayer, it's Beet the Vandel Buster... lol

And along with a few others mentioned so far... I wouldn't really recommend it..
(over, say, 100 other anime at least )
Old 2006-11-11, 13:00   Link #11
Zarion
Obsessive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
I don't suggest Girl Bravo and i suggest Love Hina even less, but that is just me
Well, definately don't watch them in English, the English voices for Girls Bravo are bad, but the English voices for Love Hina are HORRIBLE.
Closed Thread