AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 12:22   Link #241
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
I bought the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Sound Novel (the Japanese version, of course), and now I want to install it and install the English patch afterwards.

But the installation of the program doesn't work. Of course I can't read anything (it's not even in Japanese, there are just random letters and symbols, although my computer is prepared for Asian fonts normally).

Could someone who knows something about Japanese software please have a look and tell me what to do? I'll use spoiler tags for the rest but please have a look at it.

Spoiler for pictures:
Could I ask where you bought it? I've been trying to find a place online that sells the original copies, but I've been unsuccessful so far. I did have them at one point, but I moved house and a load of stuff got misplaced, including them.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 16:47   Link #242
Draugur

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Could I ask where you bought it?
Of course, I bought it at ebay.com, it's not really cheap, though.

Here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PC-When-...item20b67f49a8
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 18:13   Link #243
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

That looks like because your PC isn't set for Japanese locale. Installing the fonts alone is not enough, you need to set the region to Japanese as well.
Old 2013-09-24, 15:58   Link #244
Draugur

Thanks very much, also to you. Seronei already gave me that advice (on the previous page) and it worked.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:35   Link #245
chaos_alfa

It seems MangaGamer has started selling the French version of Higurashi on their website. This version has the minigames and the music that were changed in the English version present.
http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php...roduct_code=95
http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php...roduct_code=96
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 17:45   Link #246
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It seems MangaGamer has started selling the French version of Higurashi on their website. This version has the minigames and the music that were changed in the English version present.
http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php...roduct_code=95
http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php...roduct_code=96
So why was the game unchanged in the French version, but not the English version?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 18:45   Link #247
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

French designers went the extra mile while mangagamer did not. Hence how French got all the music while mangagamer had to get its own as well.
Old 2013-10-14, 16:20   Link #248
RandomAvatarFan

I have a question about MangaGamer's release.

I ordered Kai off of the Amazon Marketplace to get a hard copy. It was listed as Higurashi -- When They Cry Kai by MangaGamer. I understand that the hard copies are now out of print, but I thought maybe these stores still had some to sell.

It came in the mail, but the case shows the original "ひぐらしのなく頃に解" instead of the english title. Is this the way they came, or did I get the wrong version? I hadn't opened it. I'll probably send it back because I didn't realize MangaGamer was relasing sbaffron's translation (which I understand is superior to MangaGamer's?)

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 17:56   Link #249
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
I have a question about MangaGamer's release.

I ordered Kai off of the Amazon Marketplace to get a hard copy. It was listed as Higurashi -- When They Cry Kai by MangaGamer. I understand that the hard copies are now out of print, but I thought maybe these stores still had some to sell.

It came in the mail, but the case shows the original "ひぐらしのなく頃に解" instead of the english title. Is this the way they came, or did I get the wrong version? I hadn't opened it. I'll probably send it back because I didn't realize MangaGamer was relasing sbaffron's translation (which I understand is superior to MangaGamer's?)
If with "sbaffron's translation" you mean the France version of Higurashi which MangaGamer also sells, than from what I have heard that one is indeed better.

You could also just return the hardcopy and wait till Higurashi is released on Steam, because MangaGamer is currently re-editing it for the Steam release.
Old 2013-10-15, 15:36   Link #250
RandomAvatarFan

Well, I really want a hard copy, but at the same time, not spend extra money on having the hard copy + translation I can read. I tried buying the French versions over this summer but Amazon.fr (which appears to be the only place to buy the hard copies) wouldn't export it. But, returning the hardcopy for the French translation seems like the most attractive option right now, unless the vendor can somehow still get me the MangaGamer hard copy. I heard the translation for Kai was a lot better than the first one.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 16:05   Link #251
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Well, I really want a hard copy, but at the same time, not spend extra money on having the hard copy + translation I can read. I tried buying the French versions over this summer but Amazon.fr (which appears to be the only place to buy the hard copies) wouldn't export it. But, returning the hardcopy for the French translation seems like the most attractive option right now, unless the vendor can somehow still get me the MangaGamer hard copy. I heard the translation for Kai was a lot better than the first one.
Higurashi Kai has indeed a better translation than Higurashi.
Old 2013-10-18, 06:27   Link #252
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Higurashi Kai has indeed a better translation than Higurashi.
I second that statement. While getting through the original can be a bit hard to stomach at times, Kai really does improve leaps and bounds on the translation.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 12:05   Link #253
cereal_killerxx

Just thought I should let you all know, Groupees is running Build a Doujin bundle 2. It features a ton of anime games for Steam and Desura. One of the games featured is Higurashi (for Desura)! Minimum of 2 games for $1.50. This is a trusted site that I've bought many bundles from in the past.

http://groupees.com/doujin2

Thinking I may put this in it's own thread so the word will spread faster. Anyways, the bundle only has 4 days left so hurry!!!!

Edit: Nevermind. I guess I can't make a thread.

Last edited by cereal_killerxx; 2013-10-23 at 12:16.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 15:10   Link #254
SpiritofTheNaiker

Hi,
since I didn't know where to post this, I'll post it here.

I'm making a fangame about Higurashi
http://i.imgur.com/PQ5no8k.png
http://i.imgur.com/nc2AAFs.png

Imagine something similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, or to Battle Moon Wars.
On a 12x12 chessboard, there are two parties, Yamainu and Club. Like in the anime, the Yamainu has to kill Rika before the end of the match, while the club has to protect her. I added an in-game tutorial, so writing a list of rules here would be boring: by playing at it, you can see how the gameplay works, and of course I accept any suggestion.

This is actually a demo, I have to add more sound effects, more graphical effect and a decent AI (won't be easy...). We could say that the 2players mode is almost ready, while the 1player one isn't (It's not an online game, however, don't ask me about that :P)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7wmsmn2v1u5tmw/Bff0.1.rar

Last edited by SpiritofTheNaiker; 2014-04-02 at 13:38.
SpiritofTheNaiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 13:43   Link #255
SpiritofTheNaiker

To anyone reading this: can you suggect any other special move/object to add in my game? Until now there are these elements:

SPECIAL OBJECTS

White van:Allows to quickly and freely move inside every zone, and not only one step each turn.
Cleaver:Greatly increases attack, but it also makes you more weak to the Syndrome
Bat:Slightly increases attack and defense, and makes you less weak to the Syndrome
Taser:Who uses this doesn't deal any damage with an attack, nor he's hurt, but he takes away to the enemy what he's carrying, and moreover the target can't do anything during the next turn.
Rope:Greatly increases defense. Moreover, an enemy close to who carries this can't split up from him.
Serum:It makes you immune against the Syndrome. Who carries it will never lose control, neither if any enemy tries to make him ill with a special power.

SPECIAL POWERS
1) Can inoculate the Syndrome to a close enemy, if this can't protect himself with a serum.
2)This pawn can attack whoever stands inside the same zone, and the opponent can't strike back if he's not near.
3)This pawn can reach Rika immediately, or he can bring her next to him.
4)In exchange for the zeroing of his attack and defense, this pawn can destroy istantly any enemy he's near to (apart from Rika and Takano).
5)In the following turns, none of the enemies can attack or move inside the zone this pawn is.
6)This pawn can call the police inside the zone where Rika is, unless the police itself is already present on the board.
7)If next to an ally, this pawn can heal him completely. Morevoer, if the ally has already used his special power, this pawn allows him to use it again, and more than once.
8)Nobody can leave the zone of the map he's in, unless he uses special power or he destroys the separation walls.
9)In exchange for half of his own attack and defense, this pawn can double attack and defense of a close ally.
Old 2014-04-04, 08:20   Link #256
SpiritofTheNaiker

A little update.

- Some bugfix.
- Added a first pre-alpha-version of the AI. It's quite rough, but now the one player mode works.
- By seeing how the AI behaves, I made some change about the rules of the game. Nothing exaggerate, you can find everything inside the tutorial.
- A couple of animations, nothing special.
- That's all... That's why I told my update was "little" XP
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma7jf3rhqq...%20v.0.1.5.rar
Old 2014-04-21, 19:01   Link #257
User173096
Disabled By Request

Don't know where to ask this so I'll do it here.

Spoiler for Meakashi-hen and Shion:
User173096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 17:21   Link #258
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Different kind of crazy?
Old 2014-04-23, 04:30   Link #259
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Hinamizawa disease: Shion/Satoko/Natsumi Spoilers:
Old 2014-04-23, 16:27   Link #260
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

I was just wondering if someone has played Kotohogushi-hen and has some more information on the Ryun people and Hanyuu's past? I've played the chapter but with my very limited knowledge of japanese I could only understand bits and pieces.

Spoiler for Kotohogushi-hen:
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote