AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 22:14   Link #6281
S.Freedom

Well that's where the heart to heart comes in. The three of them would need it to figure things out between them. Lacus doesn't seem like the type to hold a grudge or prevent Flay/Kira from being friends or anything. Assuming Kira would've chosen Lacus as his partner..
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 22:21   Link #6282
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, Lacus certainly won't hold a grudge against her for the whole hostage thing. Especially with her own father dead, she'll understand what Flay was going through at the time and how she felt afterwards.
Old 2013-04-13, 22:37   Link #6283
monster

Well, here's what we know:

1. Kira realized that his relationship with Flay was wrong called it off.
2. Flay also realized that she did Kira wrong.
3. Lacus showed some interest in Kira.

Given the above, I think what would've happened had Flay survived would be that Flay, more than anything, would want to set things straight with Kira.

For his part, Kira would be free of the guilt of not being able to save Flay and, thus, might be more receptive to any advances from Lacus.

So I can see Kira and Flay becoming real friends and, at the same time, Kira and Lacus moving faster in their relationship.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:43   Link #6284
Destined_Fate

However, if Flay had lived and Kira got her back it would have doomed Lacus and Kira as a couple as Kira still had very powerful feelings for Flay, and she had fallen in love with him for true, while he's far more distant with Lacus at that point in time.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:54   Link #6285
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe... I certainly feel that if Flay survived, it would complicate matters for any relationship with Lacus, but it doesn't necessarily increase Flay's chances of renewing a relationship with Kira. I do feel that if they do reconcile, a renewed relationship would be a lot healthier than their previous tryst.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2013-04-14 at 00:05.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 00:00   Link #6286
S.Freedom

I'm kinda with monster here. After talking through their issues Kira/Flay would've ended up as friends. Really good friends but still friends. Who knows, Flay and Lacus may've even become friends had she survived.

I just can't see them as more than really good friends after what they went through. As crazy as it may sound, I'd be willing to say friends with benefits at the absolute high end most.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:01   Link #6287
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Friends with benefits? Interesting, but given what they went through and what Flay ended up feeling, friends with benefits would evolve into a romantic relationship for them. So sure, full steam ahead with that! :V
Old 2013-04-14, 00:04   Link #6288
monster

Nah, that would just be too similar to what they had in SEED.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:21   Link #6289
S.Freedom

Nah, no romantic implications between them. Just the occasional one night stand as it where. With full knowledge/understanding it wouldn't go beyond that.

Though I'd be more interested in seeing how Flay worked out as a pilot. Hell, I'd almost wish she had a seed factor just to prove it wasn't coordinator specific. Since after a brief display at the end of seed I don't remember Cagali ever entering seed mode.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:25   Link #6290
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Nah, no romantic implications between them. Just the occasional one night stand as it where. With full knowledge/understanding it wouldn't go beyond that.
Wouldn't happen. She fell for him while manipulating him via sex; it'd be too easy for her to want more than just that from him in such an arrangement. Fact is, Flay already grew to care for him, and the context points at it most likely being falling in love. I don't see Flay or Kira being able to accept it just being that after what they went through, so it'd either they start a proper romantic relationship, or don't do it at all.

And given his attraction to Flay, how far he went for her, and both people's overall issues with the relationship, one path is as likely as the other.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:59   Link #6291
S.Freedom

I suppose your right. Just the expressions of a dirty mind I guess.

I actually see them as really good friends honestly. Too much baggage for them to go beyond that imo.
Old 2013-04-14, 01:02   Link #6292
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Erm, not necessarily. Their extra baggage might make it harder for them to relate to people who weren't involved the war, at least at first. They'd probably rely on one another to deal with the baggage, which may rekindle a relationship for them. Either path's possible if Flay had survived.

I do agree that they'd end up good friends regardless of what path they chose, if she had survived. (Damn you for killing her off, Fukuda!)
Old 2013-04-14, 15:33   Link #6293
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
I suppose your right. Just the expressions of a dirty mind I guess.

I actually see them as really good friends honestly. Too much baggage for them to go beyond that imo.
They can go a bit beyond that. Friends with benefits? LOL
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 18:19   Link #6294
Destined_Fate

I'm not seeing a friends with benefits thing. Flay had fallen in love with Kira and would want far more than just sex. Kira on the other hand was still madly in love with Flay and nearly got himself killed a few times trying to get her back even when his allies made it a point to try and stop him or not help him save Flay at all.

If she had lived I highly doubt Lacus x Kira could have survived it due to the strong feelings Kira and Flay had for each other while his feelings for Lacus were uncertain and he purposely kept her just out of arms reach due to his much more powerful feelings for Flay in comparison.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 20:16   Link #6295
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm not seeing a friends with benefits thing. Flay had fallen in love with Kira and would want far more than just sex. Kira on the other hand was still madly in love with Flay and nearly got himself killed a few times trying to get her back even when his allies made it a point to try and stop him or not help him save Flay at all.

If she had lived I highly doubt Lacus x Kira could have survived it due to the strong feelings Kira and Flay had for each other while his feelings for Lacus were uncertain and he purposely kept her just out of arms reach due to his much more powerful feelings for Flay in comparison.
Agreed, from what I saw, Kira would have gone back to Flay had she lived. To him, she seems to be the best chance to have some normalcy again after all of the hell he had gone through, everyone else they carry their own baggage and have their own links to the situation that has made Kira's life into a living hell.

And to those that thought that Kira broke off his relationship with Flay earlier in the series, well think about the fact that just then after that he had a near death experience. And don't those experiences change a person a lot.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:54   Link #6296
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Kira on the other hand was still madly in love with Flay
I'd say it's more guilt than anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
everyone else they carry their own baggage and have their own links to the situation that has made Kira's life into a living hell.
Flay fits that description more than anyone else.
Quote:
And to those that thought that Kira broke off his relationship with Flay earlier in the series, well think about the fact that just then after that he had a near death experience. And don't those experiences change a person a lot.
And guess who was there with Kira after his near death experience? If anything, Lacus was a breath of fresh air after all of Kira's problems with Flay and Athrun.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:48   Link #6297
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
And guess who was there with Kira after his near death experience? If anything, Lacus was a breath of fresh air after all of Kira's problems with Flay and Athrun.
That was sure the case here...right? The whole crying like hell after he failed to save Fllay was just guilt right?

Oh boy, monstert (Yes I'm still calling you that because you obviously haven't put anything either I or Eidolon have said in your mind).

So you're calling Kira a weak character because he cannot accept the 'baggage' that Fllay has? If anything those experiences, coupled with both parties' willingness to overlook them and start anew gives a better case for them if Fllay survives.

and What baggage are you talking about? Fllay has no Shadowy organization that has access to mobile suits and are a major stakeholder in the wars, Oh and by the way... isn't Lacus being targetted for assassination as much baggage?

To even add better: Kira and Fllay working out was by far the best for the setting. Saying that Kira's guilt will overcome his love for her is kind of silly and short-sighted. If anything, them not being together shoves in the thought that Coordinators and Naturals will never understand each other. Add in the fact that they gutted Cagalli and Athrun's relationship, that even if they are still together by Destiny's end, the relationship's meaning and weight for the whole conflict, is ruined

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2013-04-15 at 00:03.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 00:48   Link #6298
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

And so it begins....

I believe the whole crying like hell was established long before Fllay died, he cried for the civiians in the shuttle, he cried again when Tolle died. If anything, its the guilt of being unable to protect them which Kira takes extremely seriously. For Fllay it was the amount of guilt he felt he had toward that probably seems like him being madly in love.

1. IMO Kira who is shown to be a very dense person when it comes to romance as per normal shounen MCs, is unable to tell that he is being used by Fllay (abeilt that changes later) to kill the coordinators attacking the AA.

2. The timing in which Kira and Fllay get together, is immediately after Kira breaksdown from feeling guilty about being unable to save the little girl in the shuttle. In others words he becomes vulnerable and receptive to Fllays advances in order to find comfort in her i.e make use of her to overcome the guilt he has for being so useless as a protector. If thinking logically and not affected by his emotions, Kira is usually shy and thinks about others feelings more than his own, what he did betrays Sai and if Kira was more emotionally stable IMO he would not have gotten together with Fllay that night in the desert due to his nature as a person.

3. The timing of the breakup between them and it happing reinforces the idea of guilt being the main reason Kira entered the relationship IMO. Firstly it happens when we see Kira being more emotionally stable i.e he is able to think rationally. Secondly during the period leading to the breakup he spends a majority of the time with Cagali because he is in orb working on the OS which possibly may make him reconsider his feelings for Fllay. He breaks up with Fllay because IMO he feels that he had betrayed her feelings but only using her as comfort when he was most in need of it. Kira as established has always been the nice guy, so he probably felt it was not right to make use of Fllay in that manner hence why I feel he broke it off.

4. When Kira back on board the Eternal having failed to retrive Fllay, the words Kira uses to describe her was: "she is someone I hurt". Kira thinks he hurt her by using her as comfort and then breaking it off with her. Morever he also failed to keep the promise of protecting her father. IMO the fact that he describes her as someone he has hurt rather than something like she is someone I loved or my ex-girlfriends sums, up how he feels about her. In the state of mind he was in he wouldn't be able to think about what he says in front of whoever it may be. He will probably gives his most honest thoughts on the matter.
Old 2013-04-15, 00:55   Link #6299
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
That was sure the case here...right? The whole crying like hell after he failed to save Fllay was just guilt right?

Oh boy, monstert (Yes I'm still calling you that because you obviously haven't put anything either I or Eidolon have said in your mind).

So you're calling Kira a weak character because he cannot accept the 'baggage' that Fllay has? If anything those experiences, coupled with both parties' willingness to overlook them and start anew gives a better case for them if Fllay survives.

and What baggage are you talking about? Fllay has no Shadowy organization that has access to mobile suits and are a major stakeholder in the wars, Oh and by the way... isn't Lacus being targetted for assassination as much baggage?

To even add better: Kira and Fllay working out was by far the best for the setting. Saying that Kira's guilt will overcome his love for her is kind of silly and short-sighted. If anything, them not being together shoves in the thought that Coordinators and Naturals will never understand each other. Add in the fact that they gutted Cagalli and Athrun's relationship, that even if they are still together by Destiny's end, the relationship's meaning and weight for the whole conflict, is ruined
Between Kira/Fllay and Athrun/Cagalli, I would have taken Athrun/Cagalli for another reason was that both had done time in combat. And doesn't combat at times form the strongest form of brotherhood as they have worked together and all that (this was due to watching movies such as Black Hawk Down and the like). That makes SEED Destiny and what they did to Cagalli there even more tragic and idiotic.

And as for Kira/Lacus well the disastrously botched way the relationship played out is even more hurt that it followed on the heels of another Sunrise series called Crest of the Stars and the way that the romance between the two main characters is played was done far better there. If they were trying to do the same thing with Kira/Lacus, then they failed disastrously.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:08   Link #6300
cyberdemon

I seriously doubt the Kira/Fllay relationship would've started again even if she did live. There is too much damage there. I can see them patching things up somewhat but a relationship between them would've been extremely difficult to get back into. It probably would've made Kira open to Lacus more than was shown in the actual series... or he would've been killed by Rau.

I'm praying that the remaster of Destiny will shed some more light on the relationship between Kira and Lacus with maybe an extra scene or 2 added.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep