AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 03:28   Link #1781
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'm surpised nobody's talking about the Fortified Suit helmets mentioned to be going into TDA4.

I mean seriously--has nobody asked: "What if Kouki planning, that TSF pilots now need to wear a full-on helmet for?"

And why do I get the feeling we're not going to like the answer?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:37   Link #1782
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I'm surpised nobody's talking about the Fortified Suit helmets mentioned to be going into TDA4.

I mean seriously--has nobody asked: "What if Kouki planning, that TSF pilots now need to wear a full-on helmet for?"

And why do I get the feeling we're not going to like the answer?
Its most likely deep sea attacks. Or a trip down a volcano... Shoot the Limbs!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:40   Link #1783
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Its most likely deep sea attacks. Or a trip down a volcano... Shoot the Limbs!
- Or conditions on earth get so bad that everyone venturing outside livable areas will now need a self-contained rebreather.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:53   Link #1784
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Or conditions on earth get so bad that everyone venturing outside livable areas will now need a self-contained rebreather.
So we won't be able to see their faces? NOOOOO

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:07   Link #1785
calubin_175

Well the caption on the magazine scoop says Wardog has to stop a nuclear missile facility.

I am not sure whether the Oogami grave scene from the Anniversary PV foreshadows anything.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 07:00   Link #1786
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
Well the caption on the magazine scoop says Wardog has to stop a nuclear missile facility.

I am not sure whether the Oogami grave scene from the Anniversary PV foreshadows anything.
What grave scene?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-19, 07:47   Link #1787
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

There's a scene where she's saluting a grave. No specifics other than that. Watch the 10th anniv PV again (I don't have a link to it right now).
Old 2013-05-19, 08:06   Link #1788
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Ah. Nah can't be foreshadowing. Oogami's dead in TDA 02 anyway. Unless Age pulls another revival.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-19, 08:11   Link #1789
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

You forget your Owari? Oogami is close to a certain 13 year old in Wardogs... And she survived the crash...

In the PV, she was saying it was alright, that she too, also once had a home to return to... which doesn't really make much sense without an context.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:13   Link #1790
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
You forget your Owari? Oogami is close to a certain 13 year old in Wardogs... And she survived the crash...

In the PV, she was saying it was alright, that she too, also once had a home to return to... which doesn't really make much sense without an context.
I thought she went kaput after the doctors failed to safe her. Unless I got it wrong. I didn't Owari. I only know Oogami and Miono was from that little village, which they evacuated
That being said, what year did Owari take place?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-19, 08:21   Link #1791
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

No, she survived the doctors, and was comforting a crying Miono at the end of TDA02.

Owari was during the first invasion of Japan, just before the fall of Kyoto. They lived in Kyuushu... in the VN, you only know that there is some tension going on about events outside, which the cast is ignorant about, going on with their rural school lives, until the end, when all are suddenly evacuated. The true epilogue has all of them meeting again at their old town... which would definately not be possible in TDA...

Old 2013-05-19, 08:24   Link #1792
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Better question is, did most of them survive or not ;_; about her old town..is it mentioned anywhere what happened to it in TDA or we can assume that it was destroyed after ALT 5?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 08:28   Link #1793
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Err... Japan was sunk... its under the ocean... She mentioned Miono was the first of the old gang she saw /smelt, and Miono only remembered being a child refugee...

Old 2013-05-19, 08:34   Link #1794
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Err... Japan was sunk... its under the ocean...
Quote:
She mentioned Miono was the first of the old gang she saw /smelt, and Miono only remembered being a child refugee...
Smelt? so the one who still survives is heavily traumatized that she can't even remember her? ;_;

Old 2013-05-19, 08:40   Link #1795
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Smelt? so the one who still survives is heavily traumatized that she can't even remember her? ;_;
Yes smelt. You can't blame kids for having bad memories right? Miono's probably about 6 or 7 when BETA invaded Kyoto.

Ah so she survives. Good job Ohgami. I need to finish my TDA 02 I guess. I've been putting it off for some reason.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-19, 08:41   Link #1796
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

Miono was 3 or 4 at the time of the VN... 10 years from TDA02. Miono didn't really remember much after the combat hypnotics done on child soldiers, but still retains vague memories of Oogami and her brother. And Oogami was saying when she met her that Miono had the smell of the old village... obviously an excuse to get in close...

Old 2013-05-19, 08:44   Link #1797
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Miono was 3 or 4 at the time of the VN...
But the invasion of Japan was in 1998. That being said, just how old are them Wardogs?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-05-19, 08:57   Link #1798
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ah sorry, can't remember the names of owari characters I thought she's one of the main heroine lol. I was confused because I thought the girl lost her vision or something so that she can't recognize her other than the smell >.>

Old 2013-05-19, 08:58   Link #1799
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Owari was set in 1996. The end of the VN would be around one month later, with the evac being listed. Japan wasn't so evil as to leave it till the last minute to move those small villages that are closest to the danger zone. The fall of Kyoto was because they never expected the BETA to move that fast.

The other Wardogs, Ellen would be the oldest, while Hibiki and Yuzuka would be the closest in age. doubt that any of them are older than 20 years of age though. By TDA the draft age was 10 years old.

Nah, Miono was a combat pilot, 13 to 14 years old in TDA. Oogami is definitely over 20.

Old 2013-05-19, 16:56   Link #1800
Esg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Hmmm, Hmmm, Hmmmm....

Well, after reading that summary...
I was, honestly, expecting something even darker. C'mon Kouki, should have at least let Yui bleed out or something, all alone on cold, hard pavement...horrible, horrible way to die.

Spoiler for Bolivian Army Ending:

And...Inia winning much? It seems like she's the only person to swag her way out of every trouble.
Stop being so grimdirp

Esg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto