Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-01, 05:00   Link #641
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I'm a bit lost with the series though. Was Yuzuki dead since the beginning of the series and her life was just an illusion or something? The show doesn't seem to explain it.
For sure she was dead since the beginning since we see her skelton in ep 24 and her actual death in ep 25. But since she received some of Jigoku Shoujo powers in ep 25 when her mother died (see the red eyes), she managed to keep some kind of physical presence in this world despite her death. The tragic part is that she didn't even realised her own death and what led to that.
So her life was something unatural, something that should have not been and that disappeared (everybody forgot about her) once she realised something was off. You could call it an illusion I guess.
I thought it was pretty clear in the serie...

As for the Yuri ending, I at first thought we got one. But after several re-watching, it 's more like Ai being very compassionate toward the poor Yuzuki than anything else. The kiss itself is just there to remove the jigoku shoujo abilities from Yuzu (once again, look at her eyes). Granted it was made very sensual (+1 for teasing fans ). But even with very strong yuri-googles, I can't picture Ai or Yuzu' having this kind of feeling for each other...
Old 2009-05-01, 10:22   Link #642
Anubis91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
As for the Yuri ending, I at first thought we got one. But after several re-watching, it 's more like Ai being very compassionate toward the poor Yuzuki than anything else. The kiss itself is just there to remove the jigoku shoujo abilities from Yuzu (once again, look at her eyes). Granted it was made very sensual (+1 for teasing fans ). But even with very strong yuri-googles, I can't picture Ai or Yuzu' having this kind of feeling for each other...
I agree the kiss was a way to remove Yuzuki's power as a Jigoku Shoujo like the kiss in episode 1 was a way for Ai to reincarned in Yuzuki,
first kiss = enter the body of Yuzuki
second kiss = removal of any Jigoku Shoujo power left behind

I also agree that none of Ai or Yuzuki have feelings for each other, it's indeed all compassionate and maybe also a way to share her own memories !
whatsmore, Yuzuki tells Ai that she was lucky for having had a boyfriend !
Anubis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 05:04   Link #643
SAT

A beautiful ending indeed. Ai 's so kind and devoted to Yuzuki. This nullifies her bad-treating Yuzuki in the past eps. A pic in the OP where Ai 's consolating Yuzuki who 's laying on her lap really has meaning.

It 's a shame they didn't explain the reason why Ai inhabited Yuzuki (A spirit inhabiting another spirit = Strange) and seemingly tried to make Yuzuki anti-Jigoku Tsushin. My guess is that by her noble devotion (From NickelXenon and mitsuganae posts above) , since she realized Yuzuki would soon become the next JS , she has gradually forged Yuzuki to be a revolutionary / disobedient JS. The result is Yuzuki 's rule breaking. The Hell Lord who 's going to punish Yuzuki awares that no one will be as good JS as Ai, and accepts Ai proposal easily.

Hell Lord should have returned the real Akie. It saddened me when Yuzuki spoke in tears 'You are not Akie. The Akie I love has already fallen to hell. Please disappear!'

Despite being a villain, Asuza is a good daughter. (Sigh)

Love Yuzuki 's evil smile while saying Ippen Shinden Miru. And her attack is cool. (Hell Girl Special Move : Soaring Shadow Stream)

Some questions remaining in my mind :
  • If Yuzuki 's disobedience did not happen and she could work well as JS, where would Ai go then?
  • Other than Ai 's case, it seems to me JS is a voluntary job. Yuzuki became JS once she held the fake Akie 's hand in Ep.25 Perhaps this signifies an employment contract.
  • Tsugumi in S1 : Little Girl / S2 : Teen Girl / S3 : A Hottie 25-year-old(?) / S4(If any) : Charming middle aged lady?
  • The producer must plan to conceal Granny 's appearance and Kikuri 's true identity forever.

Long live JS
SAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 05:28   Link #644
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

This season of Jigoku Shoujo was my favorite because they milked all the vengeance stories in seriousness, twistedness and silliness. The silliness, I absolutely loved. Some epic hell-sending scenes.

But I'm honestly a bit disappointed in Yuzuki's plotline. It had really intriguing twists and turns and Enma Ai showing emotion was pretty eventful, but in the end, it's a zero sum game. Yuzuki disappears, everything is back to normal... meh. And I was hoping she'd be a yet another JS. It would've been really cool too.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 15:33   Link #645
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT View Post
A beautiful ending indeed. Ai 's so kind and devoted to Yuzuki. This nullifies her bad-treating Yuzuki in the past eps. A pic in the OP where Ai 's consolating Yuzuki who 's laying on her lap really has meaning.

It 's a shame they didn't explain the reason why Ai inhabited Yuzuki (A spirit inhabiting another spirit = Strange) and seemingly tried to make Yuzuki anti-Jigoku Tsushin. My guess is that by her noble devotion (From NickelXenon and mitsuganae posts above) , since she realized Yuzuki would soon become the next JS , she has gradually forged Yuzuki to be a revolutionary / disobedient JS. The result is Yuzuki 's rule breaking. The Hell Lord who 's going to punish Yuzuki awares that no one will be as good JS as Ai, and accepts Ai proposal easily.

Hell Lord should have returned the real Akie. It saddened me when Yuzuki spoke in tears 'You are not Akie. The Akie I love has already fallen to hell. Please disappear!'

Despite being a villain, Asuza is a good daughter. (Sigh)

Love Yuzuki 's evil smile while saying Ippen Shinden Miru. And her attack is cool. (Hell Girl Special Move : Soaring Shadow Stream)

Some questions remaining in my mind :
  • If Yuzuki 's disobedience did not happen and she could work well as JS, where would Ai go then?
  • Other than Ai 's case, it seems to me JS is a voluntary job. Yuzuki became JS once she held the fake Akie 's hand in Ep.25 Perhaps this signifies an employment contract.
  • Tsugumi in S1 : Little Girl / S2 : Teen Girl / S3 : A Hottie 25-year-old(?) / S4(If any) : Charming middle aged lady?
  • The producer must plan to conceal Granny 's appearance and Kikuri 's true identity forever.

Long live JS
I thought Tsugumi was no longer human.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 18:37   Link #646
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yuzuki

It's been troublesome catching up the path for the fansubs, since I've received my laptop back. I mean the ones who were late at finishing Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae either they're done watching it or about to.

Oh, well! I'm almost there; one episode more to, and I'm finished.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 21:08   Link #647
NickelXenon

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-03, 00:11   Link #648
phantasm

Spoiler:

Last edited by phantasm; 2009-05-03 at 03:00.
phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 09:35   Link #649
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasm View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-03, 21:20   Link #650
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I thought tsugumi wasnt human anymore too at first after they showed the whole phantom young tsugumi
Old 2009-05-04, 02:14   Link #651
Used Can

She wasn't a phantom. She's always been linked to Ai. She probably realised the things that were taking place in that city, and decided to help.

What they never answered was how Ai was able to return from Hell? We knew this had happened since the end of Futakomori, but it was never explained.

Anyway, I'd really like to see someone else to become JS and remain that way.
Old 2009-05-04, 02:25   Link #652
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

In season two when Tsugumi appeared to Kikuri they made it appear like she was some kind of ghost
Old 2009-05-04, 12:29   Link #653
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
In season two when Tsugumi appeared to Kikuri they made it appear like she was some kind of ghost
Maybe to you, but it never appeared that way to me. It just seemed that she was called there to confirm her father's book and then returned to her home.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 18:29   Link #654
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Tracks of the Soul

Just about a few seconds ago, finally, I've done with the last episode to Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae.

While I was somewhat disappointed with the development of the last episode since it felt pretty generic to me, it wasn't too much of a letdown.

Spoiler for Issues about Mitsuganae:

Overall, this season receives a poor grade to me due that quite many of the stories had cases spawned from stupid reasons to begrudge the offender. However, somehow I liked the climax for the last episode.

Spoiler for Yuzuki and Ai:

BTW, the Spider was a fool at just one thing:
Spoiler:

To conclude this has been the fifth and also the last title I've concluded for the autumn 2008 anime season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 18:27   Link #655
Hayami
lonely soul

Trap of Temptation (The Alluring Trap)

I'm sorry to reply so late, but I watched JSM 16 only this Sunday, so I didn't read any comments on this episode back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
(...)
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 16:

Last edited by Hayami; 2009-05-12 at 11:02.
Hayami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:44   Link #656
Zife19

Send a message via MSN to Zife19
DOuble Post, sry
Zife19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:50   Link #657
Zife19

Send a message via MSN to Zife19
To start off I think this one of the beautiful, unique, and deep animes I've ever seen and I'll always have it as one of my top three favorites.

I finished season two and I thought the ending was perfect. it made me cry(im a strong man and thats hard to admit) It was sad watching Ai die but it made me feel good knowing she was in heaven with her parents. As the many times she had said 'you'll never know the joys of heaven' It made me happy that Ai could. Its a happy yet tragic ending. All she did was suffer through life and finally she got to know the joys of heaven and be reunited with her family, its so happy you could cry ;_;

When I heard a third season was coming I tried to deny it, the second season was ended so beautifully but I guess you couldnt hide from it but I did some research in hopes of finding an explantion to this and I think I atleast found one that makes me happy with the third season.

Spoiler for Third Season Theory:

But thats my take.

Last edited by Zife19; 2009-05-27 at 03:03.
Zife19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 03:39   Link #658
FateAnomaly

From my point of view, Ai didn't choose Yuzuki. The system did. Ai last task will be to train Yuzuki up and the reward will be to be discharge from the duty as Jigoku Shoujo. However, Yuzuki broke the rule and to save Yuzuki (she pity her cos they had the same fate like the boy in season 2. She is particularly weak against those types. lol) She took the blame for her and had to continue to be Jigoku Shoujo. Her boss probably wanted her back as well cos she is pretty good at her job.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 14:31   Link #659
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
From my point of view, Ai didn't choose Yuzuki. The system did. Ai last task will be to train Yuzuki up and the reward will be to be discharge from the duty as Jigoku Shoujo. However, Yuzuki broke the rule and to save Yuzuki (she pity her cos they had the same fate like the boy in season 2. She is particularly weak against those types. lol) She took the blame for her and had to continue to be Jigoku Shoujo. Her boss probably wanted her back as well cos she is pretty good at her job.
Perhaps that was the plan all along. The spider chose Yuzuki knowing that she would fail and that Ai would come back to save her. That way he could keep his promise to release Ai and then have her return voluntarily.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:10   Link #660
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I finally got round to watching the final episode and I'm a bit confused as to Yuzuki's fate: the way she evaporates is the same as people being sent to hell, but I'm assuming she isn't being sent to Hell is she? Since Ai has agreed to take her place. Does she simply die and that's the end of her or are we supposed to assume something happens to her soul like one of heaven/hell/reincarnation? There's a brief flash of her putting on her school uniform which made me wonder if she had been reincarnated/resumed her existence and gone to high school as she'd hoped, however the style of the vision looks more like a nostalgic flashback than a new beginning, I wonder what it is suppposed to signify.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural