AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 22:43   Link #201
Xacual

As soon as she found out how the phone worked she should have tried to take a picture of him to prove she was correct that he would cause the alien invasion. I guess that would have been a too simple solution.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 22:52   Link #202
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
The shower scene, towel and almost constant zettai ryouiki shots are not "blatant fanservice"?
We live in an age with Queens Blade, Seikon no Qwaser, Kanokon, Kiss x Sis, etc. I'm sure it was meant in a relative sense. And that it was done with some class without being degrading to Maya.
Old 2010-07-12, 22:58   Link #203
Johnny
Working the bags...

Great another show where the male lead get's his ass kicked around by the female lead. It was a pretty decent show until they started this schtick...

Not sure who said he wasn't a wuss, but him quaking in his shoes 75% of the episode like a newborn chick defines a wuss in my book...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:02   Link #204
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That, Friends, was a spectacular mess. I had thoughts of "Young Frankenstein", "The Ring", Psycho" and "War of the Worlds" - all after the "Ghostbusters" fun of ep 1. This is just so silly and preposterous - snap a picture of the key while thinking happy thoughts? But for me, it almost totally works so far - with the exception of Maya. I love her expressions - indeed, all of the characters expressions, with some hilarious reaction shots. But they need to balance her character out a bit - right now she's just too angry and abusive to be remotely sympathetic. Fix that, and with the smart, literate writing style and sharp humor this could have the makings of a classic.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:05   Link #205
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not sure who said he wasn't a wuss
Yo.

On behalf of people who don't fit the standard definition of "manly", on behalf of nerd pride, on behalf of comedy. If there's someone there to believe in the wrong things for the right reasons, Midonin's the name.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:51   Link #206
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I wonder whether that was Fumaiki's psychokinesis at work when that brick saved Maya(not the brick itself of course).
No I though it was his psychokinesis that did....maybe while he was unconscious. The kid has some potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Julian View Post
Great episode. Loved Maya's expressions. Also, it's good to see that Fumiaki isn't a total wuss. Still gotta feel sorry for the poor guy, though.

Spoiler for He has to deal with this monster:
On hice I was going to do a GIF of that! I knew Maya's expression was a good one there but the phone one was good too...it got hidden away. Does Maya ever look good too here=>
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 02:48   Link #207
iceyfw

oh, gosh. so many funny moments in episode 2. my most favorite WTF and LOL moment has to be when JK appeared right next to the creepy doll and smile came out of nowhere punching him and dragging him away
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:05   Link #208
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

This is definitely my favourite 'serious' show of the season. That forest chase was priceless. Nice Maya service too.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:46   Link #209
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm wondering if we'll ever see Maya circa 2012, or if Fumiaki/Minoru will ever meet his younger self.

By showing Maya watching that TV show, the second episode seems to be hinting at the possibility.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:48   Link #210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I'm wondering if we'll ever see Maya circa 2012, or if Fumiaki/Minoru will ever meet his younger self.
Seeing Maya in the future seems like last 5 minutes in the last episode material if you ask me.
Old 2010-07-13, 04:01   Link #211
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, what if Maya is the secret leader of the human rebellion in 2012?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 04:18   Link #212
bloodraze

Quote:
Well, what if Maya is the secret leader of the human rebellion in 2012?
Not if she's dead by that time. If Abe's story isn't 100% lies and embellishments, the "key" will open an inter dimensional rift above the academy and destroying everything in the vicinity. So she would be dead by then.

The phone also shows her remains when she took a picture of herself in the mirror.
bloodraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 04:25   Link #213
Ichijo

Well, I still like Maya and I think she'll get even better in later episodes.

Also, Maya is dead in the future. She took a photo of herself and camera showed a skull with bones.

I think this, and the fact that she was pulled into some occult conspiracy when she hates it so much, were the reasons for her anger.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 04:30   Link #214
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Her declarations at the end of previews are also cute - ' I hate the occult' , 'Occult is stupid'
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 05:15   Link #215
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodraze View Post
Not if she's dead by that time. If Abe's story isn't 100% lies and embellishments, the "key" will open an inter dimensional rift above the academy and destroying everything in the vicinity. So she would be dead by then.

The phone also shows her remains when she took a picture of herself in the mirror.
I think she is dead as she took a pic of herself in the mirror.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 05:19   Link #216
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
This is definitely my favourite 'serious' show of the season.
I love how you've redefined serious.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 05:20   Link #217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haha, I knew Nostradamus would be mentioned at some point, but I didn't think he - or rather, his prophecies- would play such a huge part in the series. The episode was very enjoyable, Maya is definitely the best female lead of the season for me. I'm starting to become a huge fan of Hikasa Yoko as well, I've heard in various roles now, some of them total opposites (Hana from Qwaser and Maya), and yet she always fits perfectly. It looks like she can play anything... She's also great as Shino in SYD this season.

Now, about the plot of the episode. I'm not too fond of the alien invasion and time travel aspects, and the way they're trying to mix it with occult. Well, I guess it's working fine so far, but it could easily turn into a total mess. The male lead was more or less how I expected him to be, kind of funny to see how cocky he was in the future, as opposed to how much of a scaredy-cat he is when faced with the occult... and Maya. I wonder what the secretary's agenda is; is she aware of the impending alien invasion, or perhaps even an alien herself?
Old 2010-07-13, 05:30   Link #218
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Love the mystery, riddle, comedy, and horror can blend nicely so far, hope its not disappoint later but I can trust many great men behind this title.

Btw why there no new title from Anime no Chikara announced yet ?
Hopefully this is not the end from this wonderful project.
Old 2010-07-13, 05:45   Link #219
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Love the mystery, riddle, comedy, and horror can blend nicely so far, hope its not disappoint later but I can trust many great men behind this title.

Btw why there no new title from Anime no Chikara announced yet ?
Hopefully this is not the end from this wonderful project.
As far as I recall this was it, and it was supposed to come after soranowoto too although the work took too long.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 06:18   Link #220
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:

By showing Maya watching that TV show, the second episode seems to be hinting at the possibility.
Yeah that.....it would be the ultimate proof for her....but I am still at how some elements relate to the IRL beliefs of 2012....pretty clever don't anyone think so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodraze View Post

Yeah but if they change all this then she could be vital in the future for them......BTW about the book.....the picture taken by the phone shows rubble so it's not the key.....thinking the key might be some ancient relic......if anything........something Babylonian or Sumerian it might be....I am assuming but sometimes I get it right...let's see.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote