Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^Well,

Spoiler for :
Old 2010-08-07, 07:21   Link #22
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Mikoko's story's pretty sad, but on the this-is-fucked-up-chart she's on a pretty low spot in the series.
Man, I really really hope Del Rey finish releasing the series (and Kara no Kyoukai. Damn their empty words from Faust!). I'm in love with it and I'm just dying to know, yet terribly afraid of just how fucked up Ii-chan is and what made him that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
So am I the only one who thought Mikoko reaped what she sowed? I didn't think it was sad, just pitiful.
Nope, I was pretty much felt the same way about her as Ii-chan
did. Honestly, such a stupid reason to murder =/. Akiharu and Tomoe are the ones to be sad about for dying because of such a petty, messed up situation.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 23:11   Link #23
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'm just dying to know, yet terribly afraid of just how fucked up Ii-chan is and what made him that way.
Maybe one of these days he'll do a prequel novel and tell us. I kinda doubt it.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 23:39   Link #24
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
Maybe one of these days he'll do a prequel novel and tell us. I kinda doubt it.
I think I will explode with joy if he ever does a prequel for the time before E3 and when he first met Tomo. He seems to be too interested in doing Jun Aikawa's stuff right now though. One can only hope ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 14:07   Link #25
chaos_alfa

Does anyone know what the status of the 3th volume is? Please say it hasn't been canceled

I'm also still waiting for the Kara no Kyoukai novels which Del Rey still hasn't even released volume 1 of
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 18:16   Link #26
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Does anyone know what the status of the 3th volume is? Please say it hasn't been canceled

I'm also still waiting for the Kara no Kyoukai novels which Del Rey still hasn't even released volume 1 of
From the tid bits I've heard, we probably won't be getting a v3...

For starters.. the series wasn't all that popular, then Del Ray went down and got bought out by another company..
Old 2010-10-25, 23:00   Link #27
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I need someone to agree with me. Who believes Defective Product makes the perfect homeroom teacher of class minus 13? Human Disqualified also needs to appear for the obvious reason.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 01:21   Link #28
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I need someone to agree with me. Who believes Defective Product makes the perfect homeroom teacher of class minus 13? Human Disqualified also needs to appear for the obvious reason.
Oooh I don't know about that. I-chan is kinda ridiculously broken, all of class 13 together wouldn't top him ... Zerozaki can probably solo Medaka himself given that he could injure Jun ...

Besides the characters in volume 2, pretty much everyone else who appeared in the novel are basically completely freak cases, especially "I". I-chan doesn't fit anywhere except next to Tomo =P, or being abused by Jun.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 02:38   Link #29
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Exactly why Defective Product has to be there. He is the perfect role model for the class minus 13. If there is a goal that class minus 13 is aiming for, it should be becoming the same as I-chan. Assuming he doesn't lead the class into self destruction upon entering it, of course.

As for Hitoshiki, he has to be there to say hi to a certain murderous maniac who doesn't like to kill. It'll make a great contrast if you dump those two together, consider Human Disqualified is a murderous maniac who really ISN'T a murderous maniac but simply an ordinary person who forces himself to behave like one.
Though, Hitoshiki being class minus 13's homeroom teacher isn't a bad idea too, consider he is the Jail Alternative of Defective Product. And we know that Fox Faced has shown us how things can get worse if you find one instead of another between Jail Alternatives.

For how I love Medaka for it has been filled with broken psychotic nutcases, I just want to see it getting more ^$&%*^ed up.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:33   Link #30
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
From the tid bits I've heard, we probably won't be getting a v3...

For starters.. the series wasn't all that popular, then Del Ray went down and got bought out by another company..
I honestly don't know why American companies bother with LNs. I don't think they are any popular in the US. Seriously, someone could be translating this for free in the Internet, by now, and much faster than Del Rey, I'm sure.

I guess I can always buy them in Japanese and read them later. I've got my hands full with 2 LNs in Japanese as of now, and it's hard for me to read them; so, I've got to go slowly. It's really sad, since I could be reading Zaregoto right now, if Del Rey wasn't so slow.

As for Mikoko, she was pitiful, but she got what she deserved. She planned the whole thing, which makes things worse. I agreed fully with I-chan's final quote "Don't be so spoiled."
Old 2011-03-01, 23:12   Link #31
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I love thread necromancy, not really. Never knew there was a thread on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I honestly don't know why American companies bother with LNs. I don't think they are any popular in the US. Seriously, someone could be translating this for free in the Internet, by now, and much faster than Del Rey, I'm sure.
That sucks, but I doubt it will be that much faster with the passions of western translation communities. Although, I guess it will be faster than 2 volumes in 2 years. It is always better to just learn Japanese than rely on these translation. Also, can anyone explain to me why these translation companies take so long? I don't think it would be that hard to translate a volume in a week if loosely translated.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-03-01 at 23:23.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 05:31   Link #32
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Also, can anyone explain to me why these translation companies take so long? I don't think it would be that hard to translate a volume in a week if loosely translated.
Try it. I can barely read a book in a week.
Old 2011-03-02, 15:31   Link #33
Cruor

Quote:
I love thread necromancy, not really. Never knew there was a thread on this.

That sucks, but I doubt it will be that much faster with the passions of western translation communities. Although, I guess it will be faster than 2 volumes in 2 years. It is always better to just learn Japanese than rely on these translation. Also, can anyone explain to me why these translation companies take so long? I don't think it would be that hard to translate a volume in a week if loosely translated.
It takes long because not many people are buying it. From what I hear to actually make a profit off it it needs to sell about 5000 copies (this is the break even point). Last I heard (months ago) it was only at 200 copies.

Zaregoto isn't popular is the problem. Maybe if it gets an anime it will become really popular but who knows. I think the companies need to learn having Niso anime of Bakemonogatari and Katanagatari probably won't make Zaregoto automatically popular. Besides looking at the naming scheme will make you think Zaregoto and the others are unrelated.

Last edited by Cruor; 2011-03-21 at 13:46.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:05   Link #34
S3vEn

sorry for bumping this thread

but recently I finish reading volume 1 ----> gonna read volume 2 once I get my hands on it

unfortunate I was unable to find any volume summary for this series / spoiler / etc

if possible can someone please summarize volume 2 - 9 (end)

or major plot / character secrets (I am super curious about "I" real nature / background story)
S3vEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 02:59   Link #35
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

As far as I know, no one has done a detailed summary or spoilers of Volumes 3-9. I would enjoy being proved wrong, but...

As for 2, read the book!
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 04:26   Link #36
Used Can

I hope some other company pics up Zaregoto. It's be such a waste to leave it at vol.2.
Old 2011-08-02, 23:37   Link #37
S3vEn

lucky enough volume 3 first few chapter has been translated into English

unfortunately I am still unable to find volume 2 english downloadd lol

I check the closest "chapters" and they said it wasn't available ;-;

I am so curious about the Ii-chan

if anyone want the link for volume 3 translations just msg me

Last edited by S3vEn; 2011-08-03 at 00:10.
S3vEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 03:15   Link #38
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

I would suggest the reason Del Rey dropped the series was due to low sales, most likely due to people wanting to download it for free instead. Go buy Volume 2 from Amazon if you want to read it.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 03:27   Link #39
Used Can

More than that, I think Zaregoto simply wasn't too popular in the West. In fact, LNs have never been too popular, unless they have an anime or some other medium which is more popular in the West that makes fans feel like buying the LNs, as in the case of Haruhi or S&W.

I think they should learn how to market these things better. Moreover, if the market is too small then simply raise the price. Zaregoto was cheap to begin with. I'm sure those who really wanted to read it would have paid a bit more, in order to ensure it still got translated and printed.

All the same, faster translations would have been a good thing as well. 2 years between releases was a terrible idea.
Old 2011-08-03, 04:18   Link #40
larethian

Quote:
I don't think it would be that hard to translate a volume in a week if loosely translated.
this is actually the funniest comment I've ever heard in months (even if it's an old one). wwwwwwwwww
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote