AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 19:20   Link #101
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
Didn't he win that mental tug of war with the kyuubi and is now free to use its chakra?
Yes. But at a cost. While in 9-tails chakra mode, Naruto has to set aside his own chakra which allows Kyuubi access to automatically feed off of it. What also doesn't help matters is that unlike Bee, the Kyuubi still doesn't like Naruto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
What are you talking about?
Are you talking about the very strict time limit on Sage Arts or are you talking about the Kyuubi draining Naruto's chakra in exchange while he's in Kyuubi mode? Neither of his powers is unlimited.
Comments like this got me thinking...
We already know Naruto's physically capable of tapping into Kyuubi chakra while in sage mode (since we've seen it happen). So I question if it's possible for the added chakra gathered through sage mode to be used to replenish his own chakra that the Kyuubi feeds off of while in 9-tails chakra mode.

Ultimately, I wonder if Kishi will ever make Naruto develop a cycle involving Kyuubi chakra + Sage mode chakra to give Naruto a method that could actually produce infinite chakra for himself (or at the very least, a method that could drastically increase the time he can spend in 9-tails chakra mode). Or maybe sage mode could be used to trick the Kyuubi into consuming mass amounts of natural energy which could serve to purify the Kyuubi's malevolent nature over time. And if that could happen, then Naruto could develop the same relationship with his Jinchūriki that the 8-tails has. Or for the final theory, perhaps the 9-tails wouldn't want to feed off Naruto's chakra while it's being combined with nature chakra. At that same time, the Kyuubi would be powerless to stop Naruto from drawing on it's own chakra thus allowing him to use 9-tails mode without the side effect. And with that, I shall end my crackpot theories here.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:53   Link #102
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

There are some holes in the arguements, but Kish is stretching out Naruto. To be honest, it's been corrupted by money.

An african american bijuu? The Rock country is hip-hop/afro-american central? Tell me that's not blatant pandering to the US audience?

Kabuto was a smart spy. All of a sudden his Edo Tensei peons are getting sealed because theyre helping the enemy, are dumb, or having ephipanies, and he doesnt kill their personalities and/or switch opponents to prevent it. It would make it tougher for the good guys to win, and he wouldnt need to stretch things out

Naruto still has one main weakness vs Sasuke. He's still a moron.

Kish is definately stretching things out, and pandering to the US audience. Money motivated First half of naruto was much better.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:27   Link #103
james0246

^The US market is negligible at best, so it is extraordinarily unlikely that Kishimoto cares at all for non-Asian markets.

That being said, rap is quite big in Japan, and Kirabi's Japanese lyrics are okay (but the translation is awful).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 22:29   Link #104
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
An african american bijuu? The Rock country is hip-hop/afro-american central? Tell me that's not blatant pandering to the US audience?
Right, because in a Japanese shounen manga, such alternative universes are only allowed to have an entire world of just an off-shoot Japanese race...To acknowledge the possible existence of other ethnic and cultural groups besides what's Japanese-central, even in a fictional alternative universe, is absurd!

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 02:15   Link #105
Kowai

Kirabi is dope mothafuka!He raps better than niki minaj ffs lol. Honestly I enjoy the comedy he adds to the story, especially after watching the anime.
I wonder what will happen to him though? Is it almost certain that Madara will kidnap/absorb him? Or will it be something more interesting and unexpected (Deidara vs Sasuke came outa nowhere)
Old 2011-04-28, 04:21   Link #106
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
There are some holes in the arguements, but Kish is stretching out Naruto.
Actually, he's expressed his desire to end it. And he seems to be doing a fairly good job.
Quote:
To be honest, it's been corrupted by money.
Actually, it's been corrupted by his shitty writing.
Quote:
Okay. It's not.
Quote:
Kabuto was a smart spy. All of a sudden his Edo Tensei peons are getting sealed because theyre helping the enemy, are dumb, or having ephipanies, and he doesnt kill their personalities and/or switch opponents to prevent it. It would make it tougher for the good guys to win, and he wouldnt need to stretch things out
...................What?

If anything these epiphanies and lack of personality-killing (as stupid as they are) are speeding things up.
Quote:
Naruto still has one main weakness vs Sasuke. He's still a moron.
Doesn't matter. He's got plot shield and friendship no jutsu on his side.
Quote:
Kish is definately stretching things out, and pandering to the US audience. Money motivated First half of naruto was much better.
More like the first third or fourth, but yes. Everything else.........no.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 05:03   Link #107
Kallen4life

Quote:
The US market is negligible at best
I doubt that
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:54   Link #108
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
rap is quite big in Japan, and Kirabi's Japanese lyrics are okay (but the translation is awful).
true. japanese music is not that different to american music in fact. rock bands like uverworld and abingdon boys school incorporate hip-hop into their music as well, kinda like incubus, linkin park, etc. it's just that bee's rapping is translated so badly that it comes out lame and laughable. one of the reasons i prefer watching anime in their original japanese, english-subbed versions is, more often than not, they are funnier and more detailed than the english-dubbed ones. some things just don't translate well into english i guess. it's a culture thing.

too bad jump is off this week. i'm curious to see whether the war will finally start now that madara has decided to join the fray.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:19   Link #109
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I doubt that
The American market has no influence on what is written in Shonen Jump. Shueisha owns VIZ media which handles all its American marketing and business. That's the extent of America's influence on Shueisha. If you read any of the interviews with Kishi in American Shonen Jump, you'd realize he barely has any clue what is going on in the States and the West. To Kishimoto, America equals that place where great baseball is played.

The last thing Kishi is doing is pandering to America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i'm curious to see whether the war will finally start now that madara has decided to join the fray.
What can Madara really do? As long as the name characters are safe, then this will never be a war.

At best the "war" can provide fanservice, but Kishimoto even fails at delivering that.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 08:57   Link #110
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
What can Madara really do? As long as the name characters are safe, then this will never be a war.

At best the "war" can provide fanservice, but Kishimoto even fails at delivering that.
i don't know. before this whole kabuto-zombie funfare started all eyes were on madara's first move and the aces he holds. back then the supposed war had potential. but the moment kabuto stepped in it all went to the dogs or zombies for that matter. i'm not discounting anything though. things could pick up (or not), but i'll reserve my complaints until the end of this mock war. who knows? maybe kishi can make good use of madara and show us some semblance of a war at least.
Old 2011-04-28, 13:56   Link #111
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
p.s. no Shounen Jump next week.
Hate it when I don't see this till now.

So... how about that Heretical Demon Statue? Not to be confused with the flower plant it sits on top of, which from my understanding was grown from the 1st Hokage's DNA. I get the feeling the Statue has been around much longer, probably a creation of the Rikudou Sennin to capture and seal the Jubi's chakra. For Tobi to bring it to the battlefield must mean he is confident that no substantial harm can come to it. Because if something were to happen to it, the first 7 Bijuu would be lost. Right?
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 16:57   Link #112
Nagatsu

I really don't see the point of arguing over whose going to have the upper hand Sasuke or Naruto. Obviously, when they do eventually fight again its going to be a very even, drawn out fight, and Naruto will win in someway (for the plot).

As far as powers for Sasuske and Naruto I think were going to see even more skills come from them. At some point they are going to have to get some version of teleport moves to go against Madara. Imagine once the time comes...Naruto will be able to sense anyone in the world and then teleport directly to them. I could even see the final battle being something similar to the end of the Matrix when Agent Smith has taken over the whole Matrix and neo is left to fight him. Only this time its probably Sauske and Naruto both left around while everyone else is under the moons eye genjutsu.

Eventually Naruto is going to have to become the savior of the whole world so I wouldn't be surprised if his fate ends as the Jinchuriki for the Ten tails probably dying in the process to save the world or something along those lines.

Last edited by Nagatsu; 2011-04-28 at 17:18.
Nagatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 19:55   Link #113
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ultimately, I wonder if Kishi will ever make Naruto develop a cycle involving Kyuubi chakra + Sage mode chakra to give Naruto a method that could actually produce infinite chakra for himself (or at the very least, a method that could drastically increase the time he can spend in 9-tails chakra mode). Or maybe sage mode could be used to trick the Kyuubi into consuming mass amounts of natural energy which could serve to purify the Kyuubi's malevolent nature over time. And if that could happen, then Naruto could develop the same relationship with his Jinchūriki that the 8-tails has. Or for the final theory, perhaps the 9-tails wouldn't want to feed off Naruto's chakra while it's being combined with nature chakra. At that same time, the Kyuubi would be powerless to stop Naruto from drawing on it's own chakra thus allowing him to use 9-tails mode without the side effect. And with that, I shall end my crackpot theories here.
Well, maybe Naruto could turn the Kyuubi into a frog statue by making him consume nature's chakra. Ultimately, Gedo Maso could consume sage chakra instead of the Kyuubi... well... if only Naruto were capable enough... ^^
Old 2011-04-28, 22:45   Link #114
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
^The US market is negligible at best, so it is extraordinarily unlikely that Kishimoto cares at all for non-Asian markets.

That being said, rap is quite big in Japan, and Kirabi's Japanese lyrics are okay (but the translation is awful).
Really? Negligable? I remember hearing how kids were drawing the characters, doing the jutsus (haha), and i think a console game and movie.

Then again, its no pokemon. Remember that one? Oh god...

Aside from Naruto & Bleach, I dont think Ive seen an african american character. That considered, and the fact that killer B came out after Naruto hit the US, is what makes me think he's pandering. I could be wrong. If Im right, so what? The cash is a nice consolation. Ha!

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 22:51   Link #115
Nite-Wing

Please if Naruto ever got any stronger Kishi would seriously need to justify why there are even villains anymore at this point.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:37   Link #116
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Really? Negligable? I remember hearing how kids were drawing the characters, doing the jutsus (haha), and i think a console game and movie.

Then again, its no pokemon. Remember that one? Oh god...
You are confusing popularity with influence. Naruto is popular in the United States by anime standards. You were claiming this had some impact on the manga and that Kishi was pandering to American audiences. Naruto's popularity in America has nothing to do with what Kishi has been writing. The only audience that matters to Kishi is the Japanese one. Kishi works for Shueisha. In Japan the publisher is king so no matter how successful Naruto is, Kishi doesn't make nearly as much money as he should.

Quote:
Aside from Naruto & Bleach, I dont think Ive seen an african american character. That considered, and the fact that killer B came out after Naruto hit the US, is what makes me think he's pandering. I could be wrong. If Im right, so what? The cash is a nice consolation. Ha!
What? Naruto had been in the United States for YEARS before Kirabi showed up.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:30   Link #117
Kallen4life

US market is still large (thus not negligable) .. though I'm sure noone changes the manga to fit in it
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:18   Link #118
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
It's awful how important it has become if markets are large or small. With more and more people from rather poor countries complaining, marketing strategics should make up their minds, but of course they don't...
Old 2011-04-29, 16:09   Link #119
Im_A_MoP

Ooh gedo mazo . People are definitely going to get their souls ripped out very soon. I hope... I wish that it looked more like Anima though......

Quote:
As far as powers for Sasuske and Naruto I think were going to see even more skills come from them. At some point they are going to have to get some version of teleport moves to go against Madara. Imagine once the time comes...Naruto will be able to sense anyone in the world and then teleport directly to them. I could even see the final battle being something similar to the end of the Matrix when Agent Smith has taken over the whole Matrix and neo is left to fight him. Only this time its probably Sauske and Naruto both left around while everyone else is under the moons eye genjutsu.

Eventually Naruto is going to have to become the savior of the whole world so I wouldn't be surprised if his fate ends as the Jinchuriki for the Ten tails probably dying in the process to save the world or something along those lines.
^^ This is what I'm hoping happens. And why are people referring to kirabi as african american >.> lmao. maybe african japanese or something would be better.
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 16:22   Link #120
james0246

Kirabi's neither African nor Japanese. To be African-Japanese requires both an Africa and a Japan to exist within the fantasy world of Naruto. Since neither place exists in the Narutoverse, Kirabi is not African-Japanese, but rather Kumoian or Kaminarian...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion