AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 06:25   Link #281
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ok NOW I'm forced to pick up the manga...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:17   Link #282
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 3

Why the hell did they do that?...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:27   Link #283
backbone
Banned

Initially i thought they were going to give 4 episodes for each arc and ends this season in volume 3, because it provides good stopping point as it ends in a complete cliffhanger and time-skip. But the way they forcefully ended the first arc in mere 3 episodes makes me less interested to even care anymore.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:33   Link #284
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Initially i thought they were going to give 4 episodes for each arc and ends this season in volume 3, because it provides good stopping point as it ends in a complete cliffhanger and time-skip. But the way they forcefully ended the first arc in mere 3 episodes makes me less interested to even care anymore.
I dont know...Some other LN to anime adaptation are quite rushed too.

Well, I still find it okay though. (Not really a LN reader so I cant give much comments. Have to read it to know the exact pace of the LN.)

Rest in Peace Hunbert... no, I mean, Kizuna.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:36   Link #285
eduard3

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
As an Anime watcher only, I personally thought this was quite good so far. It shows the quality of a good writer who sees the potential in dragging out a story yet decides not to take that route and instead takes the shorter but more interesting. Makes me wonder how much id appreciate reading the novel.

There seems to be a lot more potential for him but as the story seems to be centered on Ai, I think the potential isnt exactly wasted. Instead the story is kept on its original focus unlike many of the animes/mangas/LNs these days.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:36   Link #286
EroKing

Most important question after this week's episode: Who is Chiibi going to ship now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I can't think of the last time I saw an anime that managed to restart itself in a mere three episodes. I'm quite shocked, really, that they managed to go back to square one in such a short amount of time. They literally built up a plot that would easily last 13 episodes, and then ended it in three with no strings attached.
Personally I really liked this, it's something you very rarely see done in today's anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Oh, except for one: How the hell was Ai born and why the hell is she a gravekeeper?!
You really need an explanation for the how part? I was actually reminded of the Angel TV series here.
As for the why part, genes is the safe bet?
Old 2013-07-21, 07:42   Link #287
justpassingby

Eh? I really hope those who claimed to be 原作派 really back up their hatred or like for this series (or any other adapted anime) by owning the physical copies.
Else, just accept and discuss the episodes as they are.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:50   Link #288
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Most important question after this week's episode: Who is Chiibi going to ship now?
I assumed they were acting on wishful thinking. It's OK though, because Ai takes after her mother. Her mother and Humpbert are together now. Probably.

In a way, their shipping worked out.

Quote:
Personally I really liked this, it's something you very rarely see done in today's anime.
I can't rightly say that I didn't like it. It was kind of a, "well screw you too!" reaction for me. I have to give them a certain amount of appreciation for doing something so very unexpected, killing off a character with such substantial awesomeness and so much setup. It's fresh though, and it does free Ai from the burden of her mysteries. It certainly has a purpose. I think most of us would have preferred to see her and her potential father go on their little adventures.

Quote:
You really need an explanation for the how part? I was actually reminded of the Angel TV series here.
As for the why part, genes is the safe bet?
Yes yes. Maybe her existence, like everything else in these three episodes, is completely irrelevant to the main plot.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:08   Link #289
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Overall not a bad episode. It's pretty enjoyable and tearjerking for me, though the executions still left alot to be desired of
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:46   Link #290
novalysis

Ai is literally a Nephilim. If you interpret the Gravekeepers as "Daughters of God", then Ai is literally the product of a genderswapped "sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful" relationship.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:54   Link #291
Tranhieu

I didn't expect they'd finish the 1st volume in just 3 episodes, there's so much potential left and it felt a bit abrupt.

The episode itself was ok, though everyone was so talkative it got so annoying later on. If I remember correctly Astin only opened his mouth when Ai asked him something, and the bunch in that hut did way more horrible things to him than what we are shown in the anime.

Anyway I have to give credit when it's due, the background art was spectacular, it has that fuzzy dreamy feel to it especially at the end when the credit rolls in, plus the ED is very fitting, so well as though it was made especially for the anime.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:24   Link #292
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm shocked Humpnie died so soon. I thought for sure he would travel with Ai for most of the series, but I guess that would have been too happy. They really want to make Ai suffer, and they're doing a brilliant job of it so far. It's so cruel to kill her father right after she was finally reunited with him. Looking at the bright side, at least Humpnie's wish was granted. It still sucks big time for Ai. Poor girl. She's lost every person she cared about. All that's left for her is her purpose as a gravekeeper.

This arc was more or less a prologue in the end. The real story will start next week.
Old 2013-07-21, 10:34   Link #293
ookamigirl

Humpnie got himself into a real mess this time.
So he really is her dad, nice ^^
That bunch of psychos were pretty scary.
The rescue mission was an action filled treat.
The ending was unexpected and left me with mixed feelings.
This episode felt so final that I wonder what's gonna happen next time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:33   Link #294
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
Wasn't he immortal?!!!! How come he died?!!
My question, too. I am not yet convinced he is gone for good. (Please don't even hint to me, novel-readers.) He may have wished to die when he was happy, but I thought he was unable to die.

The evil guy was ridiculous. That shounen-madness look screams "childish anime" to me.

Unfortunately, I am rather turned off by Toyosaki Aki's limp acting here. Putting her opposite Namikawa Daisuke, Fujiwara Keiji, and Noto Mamiko is unfair to her.

But I am still really enjoying this show.

Yes, that ED is excellent. And it is sung by seiyuu Komatsu Mikako (Marika in Space Pirates), who will turn up as a character in the show, too. She seems to be a real singer, unlike 90% of seiyuu singers. Kitamura Eri's OP is competent but colorless.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:43   Link #295
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

So...any novel readers who could shed a light on how/why he was able to die all of a sudden? (If its too spoilerish for the thread, PM me, please?!)

Definitely enjoying this show and I didn't mind the pacing- rushed it may be, but that felt quite fresh, in a way.
Kind of glad they didn't drag the mystery of the village out too.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:46   Link #296
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well that was a WTF ep. Now that just forces me to pick up the manga.
Old 2013-07-21, 13:36   Link #297
alluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My question, too. I am not yet convinced he is gone for good. (Please don't even hint to me, novel-readers.) He may have wished to die when he was happy, but I thought he was unable to die.
This:
Spoiler for anime screenshot:

He hated the deads at the beginning, so he bacame immortal. He then wished to die happy with his family and he finally got that.
The guy is dead for good this time, buried by a gravekeeper, I doubt he's coming back ;_;
Old 2013-07-21, 13:37   Link #298
-khriz-

This is so stupid.. Let's kill our best character and let's make the annoying little girl the main character. Dropped.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:43   Link #299
xizro345
King's Justice

Despite rushing things a bit, I think the emotional impact worked pretty well. I'm actually curious to see how things will unfold next week.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:19   Link #300
sarofski

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
He hated the deads at the beginning, so he bacame immortal. He then wished to die happy with his family and he finally got that.
The guy is dead for good this time, buried by a gravekeeper, I doubt he's coming back ;_;
It still doesn't make any sense! What do you mean "then he wished to die happy"?!!! If they could just wish for anything/change their wish then everyone would just wish to be able to die again instead of turning into zombies!!!
I don't know about the LN, but in the anime his death was just a nonsense piece of c***.
sarofski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy