AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-05, 18:18   Link #21
RDNexus

Well, the equivalent of this episode to it's Manga counterpart is pretty much the same, if I'm not remembering wrong.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 18:28   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Episode 1 is okay. It does the job good enough to set things up. And I find it funny that Siluca's fanservicey clothes is actually plot-relevant. Even the attackers thought that she dresses like a slut . That must've been an ecchi lord that Silica was supposed to serve before she met Theo . And it's actually refreshing to see that it's the bride who went sour and turned down the marriage and sparks the flame of war again. In any other fantasy, it's usually the groom who did it after that kind of bloody incident at the altar. The archetypal bride usually have greater tolerance, but not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
First episode is out on Crunchyroll.

I think so far, the show is alright but I find the Theo (the male protagonist) to be really blend. Nothing about his personality so far really stands out to me even though he made an impression for Siluca. At least they introduced the story so far in the beginning.

The animation quality seems good enough for A-1 Pictures at the moment but I expect it to drop in quality somewhere down the line.

Might have potential.
The thing about this author's work is, often times, the side characters are more interesting than the MC. Kinda like Bleach. So at least I went with that expectation in my head. I understand your complaint though.
Old 2018-01-05, 19:23   Link #23
DracoS

Not a awful show... but the world building didn't ring true to me. I couldn't buy into it. Besides the female leade, most of the cast seems a bit week, especialy the lords and his servents. The action was ok... but nothing to shout home about.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 19:41   Link #24
Roxanne
メンバー

I liked episode 1 especially design of characters
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 20:15   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyseLegendaire View Post
I get the feeling this is one of those shows where the plot will never make sense under any circumstances.
Absolutely correct~

The Lord thing never makes sense
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 21:00   Link #26
Nivek von Beldo

What i watched and what that feels so generic...and like a bad adapted videogame...
Why the wedding got cancelled? why the princess become evil(nice subversion, normally is the prince)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 22:15   Link #27
Malicre

its a bad anime but the fact is its the only thing so far this year that doesn't revolve around highschool girls.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 22:24   Link #28
xeviouses

Gonna have to reserve judgement for this one, for now the only thing it has going is that as was mentioned, it doesn't revolve around high school girls.
Old 2018-01-05, 22:53   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
its a bad anime but the fact is its the only thing so far this year that doesn't revolve around highschool girls.
The only thing so far? How can you be so sure? If you're really following this season, you should know that we already have Devilman Crybaby, Ito Junji Collection and Overlord II so far. All of them don't revolve around highschool girls. And there's more variety to come.
Old 2018-01-05, 23:21   Link #30
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

The prologue was just bad even this also same in manga but that get better though later as plot progressed.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 01:57   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Absolutely correct~

The Lord thing never makes sense
It's feudalism with magic. What about it doesn't make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Episode 1 is okay. It does the job good enough to set things up. And I find it funny that Siluca's fanservicey clothes is actually plot-relevant. Even the attackers thought that she dresses like a slut . That must've been an ecchi lord that Silica was supposed to serve before she met Theo . And it's actually refreshing to see that it's the bride who went sour and turned down the marriage and sparks the flame of war again. In any other fantasy, it's usually the groom who did it after that kind of bloody incident at the altar. The archetypal bride usually have greater tolerance, but not here.
Oh, yeah, what's her deal? The fathers died fighting side by side against an enemy of humanity, and she wants to resume human/human hostilities because she's a daddy's girl and/or her fiance's a wimp?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 02:10   Link #32
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's feudalism with magic. What about it doesn't make sense
1. Not exploiting the "levelling crest" by killing monsters
2. Correlation between leading people and Crest
Old 2018-01-06, 03:40   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
1. Not exploiting the "levelling crest" by killing monsters
What makes you think they don't? Or that some do. On occasion. Though I'll point out it'd involve lords risking their lives when they have other concerns (namely, other lords).

Quote:
2. Correlation between leading people and Crest
Like I said, feudalism with magic. People with crests "protect" territories from chaos beasts and other people with crests, so they get to rule those territories. And there's some kind of hierarchy going on where they also answer to people with bigger crests who may have given them their crests in the first place.
Old 2018-01-06, 03:58   Link #34
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Oh, yeah, what's her deal? The fathers died fighting side by side against an enemy of humanity, and she wants to resume human/human hostilities because she's a daddy's girl and/or her fiance's a wimp?
It caught your attention now, didn't it? I haven't read the source for Grancrest either, so I guess we'll see how the show explain it later.
Old 2018-01-06, 04:12   Link #35
xeviouses

I just realized: A low level newbie Lord, a mage and a crutch character..It's the beginning of a Fire Emblem story.

Let's hope Threo can pull off a Marth.
Old 2018-01-06, 04:28   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
What makes you think they don't? Or that some do. On occasion. Though I'll point out it'd involve lords risking their lives when they have other concerns (namely, other lords).

Like I said, feudalism with magic. People with crests "protect" territories from chaos beasts and other people with crests, so they get to rule those territories. And there's some kind of hierarchy going on where they also answer to people with bigger crests who may have given them their crests in the first place.
Spoiler:

There are other people who are stronger than Crest Bearer, like Magician and Evil Seal Users. So your argument of protect is invalid.
Old 2018-01-06, 04:45   Link #37
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
I just realized: A low level newbie Lord, a mage and a crutch character..It's the beginning of a Fire Emblem story.

Some people also liken Grancrest Senki to suikoden as well due of Crest introduction which resemble "Rune".
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-06, 05:03   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Spoiler:
So far. And even then, it would have to be relevant to show.

Quote:
There are other people who are stronger than Crest Bearer, like Magician and Evil Seal Users. So your argument of protect is invalid.
They can't purify chaos the way crest bearers do.
Old 2018-01-06, 05:56   Link #39
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post

Theo is clearly Alm though...
Old 2018-01-06, 10:34   Link #40
larethian

The show worked for me as it piqued my interest in the LNs.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote