AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the Anime have a Unique Ending?
Yes, the anime should have a unique ending. 30 88.24%
No, the anime should just follow the game 100% til the end. 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-07, 20:59   Link #1
Shift_

Who wants to see a Unique Ending/Story for the anime...ie not one from the game

Well since there are plenty of animes out there that dieviate from the mangas, but just keep the basic story...and change it for the anime, I was wondering who would like to see a Unique Ending done for the anime. Like it can be with one of the girls you want, but an ending NOT in the game, so the story will "stray" away from one of the game stories, and the game ending.

I personally would lilke to see the Anime get it's own unique ending, so the story can't be judged 100% by what happens in the game.
Old 2003-11-07, 21:27   Link #2
GUTB_

Anime directors who try to make up their own stories or plotlines usually fail at this.
Old 2003-11-07, 21:35   Link #3
Shift_

Not really...

Love hina diveated, it's still one of my fav animes...although the manga is just so much better...DNA^2, SDK (okay BAD example, but still good), Mahoromatic etc...they all got good endings...

Didn't Kanon and some other H-Game based animes get unique endings? I never did research into them, but I just watched the anime.
Old 2003-11-07, 21:47   Link #4
Key Board
Carbon

This message was erased by a Peacemaker

Last edited by Key Board; 2003-11-17 at 23:37.
Old 2003-11-07, 22:54   Link #5
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Its hard to make any more endings.... the game had endings with both main characters, a good ending with akane, several two timing bad ends (with each of the mains), some really wierd endings with the side characters. Not much you can stray from beside from not concluding the show at all...

Doddler
Old 2003-11-07, 23:08   Link #6
GUTB_

"Wierd" might be an understatement with some of those endings.

The Akane "happy" ending is kind of messed up.
Old 2003-11-07, 23:56   Link #7
Shift_

What I mean by a diffrent ending is YES he does end up with one...but make it diffrent so it's unique in it's own way.

Ya know?
Old 2003-11-08, 00:32   Link #8
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

My guess is it'll follow Mitsuki's ending, except make it more 'happy' for Haruka and Akane.

Can't say more since it'll spoil the potential ending :P
Old 2003-11-08, 03:51   Link #9
JokerD

I would've liked a happy for everyone ending, but looking at the depressing moods in this anime... I don't thinks so, some one will get hurt one way or the other..

On the other hand, I hoping for a lesbian Haruka/Mitsuki ending with Takayuki going to hell... well one can dream......
Old 2003-11-08, 07:43   Link #10
bluemist
i am the mist

Considering the depressing mood of the series, I want a sad ending for a change. Haruka would die, then Akane would take revenge on Mitsuki by killing her and throwing the body into the woods.

The last scene after the credits:
10 years later, Takayuki is looking at Haruka's grave along with his wife who turns out to be Akane. Then just when you thought everything was alright, suddenly Mitsuki returns, she wasn't dead!
Old 2003-11-08, 09:41   Link #11
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Considering the depressing mood of the series, I want a sad ending for a change. Haruka would die, then Akane would take revenge on Mitsuki by killing her and throwing the body into the woods.

The last scene after the credits:
10 years later, Takayuki is looking at Haruka's grave along with his wife who turns out to be Akane. Then just when you thought everything was alright, suddenly Mitsuki returns, she wasn't dead!
erm...

Actually I don't mind if its unique or not just hope that it will be good. I haven even played the game before. But actually has the series been following the game completely?

Last edited by Tboz; 2003-11-08 at 09:52.
Old 2003-11-08, 10:44   Link #12
ZGMF-10A

lol everyone picked yes... and ya it really has an unique theme........ i think it might even be better then Kanon....
Old 2003-11-09, 22:53   Link #13
wireless
Regular Lurker

heh i sure hope the ending is unique. ive played all the endings in the game and i hated them all.
Old 2003-11-09, 23:14   Link #14
Shift_

I've been told what the endings are in great detail...the "good" Mitsuki Ending SUCKS the "good" Haruka ending SUCKS (although it's happier...but still SUCKS) the "good" Akane ending SUCKS

so...they really need to make a better ending
Old 2003-11-09, 23:43   Link #15
Key Board
Carbon

Actually Shift,

* highlight spoiler *

That picture is a one time event. Everyone goes their own separate ways soon after that.

Haruka's ending isn't any more happier than Mitsuki's
Old 2003-11-09, 23:55   Link #16
Shift_

I know KeyBoard...

Cept that Haruka + Takayuki are together....in her ending...but it was slightly "happier" But STILL isn't what I would call a good ending.

Although I'm still all up for the Lesbian ending since I HATE takayuki...
Old 2003-11-10, 00:04   Link #17
lordwu

The scenario writer was actually trying to send out an important message: No matter what you do, you can't stop the time. Time flows on regardless of what you want. I believe both Mitsuki and Haruka would trade anything for going back to where they were 3 years ago where four of them hang out happily. But that is just not possible. You have to move on with your life, no matter how hard and painful it is and how different it is from what you wished.

Thinking you've seen similar theme before? Kimagure orange road tried to express the same thing. However, while KOR pretty much leave a lot of stuffs open, KgNE will have a definite ending ( at least I hope so).
Old 2003-11-10, 00:25   Link #18
Shift_

I LOVE KOR, the movies fill in ALOT, so it's happy happy, well kinda...

But it isn't like KOR because in KOR the male only has ONE girl he wants, although there are two who want him...the guy isn't indecisive or stupid...and has crazy powers too

And yea, the happiest ending would be just how it was before...but it can't be like that...but it's slightly twisted with KgNE because 2 girls, guy likes BOTH girls....with KOR 2 girls...guy only wants ONE girl...
Old 2003-11-10, 00:41   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

I'm all for an even more tragic ending than what's in the game... Mitsuki and Haruka running off together leaving Takayuki to rot in hell sounds good to me...

Seriously though, I think Mitsuki's ending's fine enough as it is, especially with the directing in this anime. Should be done very well... Haruka's happy ending, maybe... Akane's happy ending... Eh...
Old 2003-11-10, 03:01   Link #20
GUTB_

Mitsuki's evil ending would also be cool. But that would never happen.

Actually, I feel Mitsuki isn't being evil enough. Kind of selfish, but nothing really bad. Damnit, she needs to play the part and do something like "forget" to take her birth control. "Oops, looks like I'm pregnant with your child, Takayuki! Guess we'll have to marry (you snooze you lose Haruka, ha ha!)"
Closed Thread