Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 19:12   Link #2141
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
While I'm glad Yosuga no Sora is good enough to ignite such arguments and comparisons, I'm not fond of Ascaloth's attitude (your insults of "comprehension" or whatever smart ass lines you throw).
I'm inclined to agree, though I am quite touched that someone decided to waste that much time with their nose in their Thesaurus on little ol' me!
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 19:21   Link #2142
YaminoSeigi

Well FYI the Inchou get her own route in the VN Sequel fandisk. I would say she is pretty cute and Haru is pretty compatible with her too
Old 2011-01-02, 18:10   Link #2143
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
While I'm glad Yosuga no Sora is good enough to ignite such arguments and comparisons, I'm not fond of Ascaloth's attitude (your insults of "comprehension" or whatever smart ass lines you throw).
I'd like focus to another point other than a review (which's teetering over being a troll). For example... me whining about how little pics there are for Haru compared to the girls. Please don't ignore the fangirls who like the edible bishie~
@Ascaloth, Nihon Reviews, and review(er)s in general ... writing a review is sharing a subjectional opinion, hence however hard you think you try, by definition you have a shorter perspective, then any collective of critics (of the review). So it is paradoxical to claim that we miss the point that only you managed to figure out. Discussing and sharing your thoughts is constructive, but stubbornly defending your opinion is pointless (in between, this works both ways)

Quote:
For a second I even forgot who is Yahiro. It's a shame we didn't see her at all (initially I thought she might be Akira's true mother ^^)
Yeah, I guess being a guy, my attention is naturally drawn to different members of the cast with more assets

Quote:
And I definitely won't watch class-rep OVA. >_> I still dislike her... She should pair up with Ryohei.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
Oh come on... you'd watch it.

Aww but my opinion of her improved after that last line of hers in ep 12, showing that she isn't just some hater of incest, but that she merely has deep unrealized dreams of her own.
Dunno, I also hated Sora with a passion during Nao arc, even during her own ... still it made a wonderful story. Kozue arc is going to be interesting, but also unpopular, and let's face it, if there is no potential for revenue, there will be no product
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 19:28   Link #2144
Nikanoru

Oh, I didn't know she was unpopular. Is she really though? I mean, apparently she was popular enough to get her own story in the fan disk...

But like I said, I'd be happy with anything at all, as long as it's in the same anime canon and done by the same team, so.... Do you think there'll even be any sort of OVA or extra material?
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 19:57   Link #2145
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Oh, I didn't know she was unpopular. Is she really though? I mean, apparently she was popular enough to get her own story in the fan disk...
I am just making an educated guess about Kozue's popularity

Quote:
But like I said, I'd be happy with anything at all, as long as it's in the same anime canon and done by the same team, so.... Do you think there'll even be any sort of OVA or extra material?
Look ... on one hand, I really want more stories with the cast (even as side characters); but on the other, the story arcs were conclusive, and this fact is one that appreciate in any show. Milking the cow is always bad in my book, unless it's just a service show ... say Amagami, Ore-Imou, and this kind of trash ... than I don't mind as long as it's free
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 03:18   Link #2146
Forsaken_Infinity

Really really well done show. Well fleshed out scenarios, characters and what not really. Not to mention the visuals and the music were top notch too. This was definitely up there among Last Year's best. I would say Tatami Galaxy, House of Five Leaves and Yosuga No Sora were top class followed by Shiki followed by some decent shows that did what they set out to do, like Amagami, then all the trash.

While I can certainly see why some people would find Sora annoying during the final arcs, you have to be inhuman to not understand why she'd hate Nao with a passion. I respect the way she kept her cool actually. And not to mention how she acted with a purpose during her own arc. A girl with attitude that also has the spine to go through what she says. There are very few girls who don't break down and start whining about fate and world and what not when faced with as much adversity as she was. Haru is very very lucky to have such a girl for his sister (and lover). Despite the anime making it a point to make it clear that she is physically much weaker than Haru or for that matter any average person, the courage she displayed was monumental to say the least.

And then there was Nao who deserves an applause for the level head she displayed. I really didn't expect her to be such a strong character going into the final two arcs but boy did she manage to surprise me. She was as cool as women can get in my honest opinion. The only that stops me from saying she was the most fleshed out character ever was her rather quick recovery from her guilt when Haru said he forgave her. But that most definitely had more to do with the constraints for the show than her character.

Haru was indecisive to many's annoyance towards the end but really, who wouldn't be indecisive if put in his shoes. Unlike the mass majority of leads, Haru actually displayed guts, wasn't dense as fuck and actually respected the relationships he was getting into. I really can't think of a better protagonist than him for these stories.

And then there are the step sisters. Their stories were really well done too. I wouldn't have disliked a more conclusive ending to Akira's story but really no other complaint whatsoever. And both those girls stand out from the mass majority as well.

I went into this anime expecting very little but it genuinely surprised me right off the bat. The first episode was appealing but cheesy >.> but it took off with such maturity from the first arc and never looked back. From the moment Haru pulled Kazu-chan into that kiss, this series displayed a level of maturity and development that I wasn't expecting at all. Not to mention the subtle touches.

I am really thankful for this anime, it reminded me not to get conceited and underestimate a series just based off the premise and character designs.

As for whether or not I would enjoy something with the class rep, I most definitely would! Her reactions were exactly what her reactions should have been. And I get the sense that she has a big enough heart to forgive and befriend the incestual duo when she has had some time to settle her own emotions down anyway.

Spoiler for offtopic and @Malkuth:
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 18:15   Link #2147
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, the anime site has been updated with the BD/DVD pic of volume 2. And I think there's a special treat for you Sora fans who order the blu ray for volume 4. You'll get a Sora plushie, according to what the site says I think^^;;.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 06:12   Link #2148
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

i want Sora plushie, is there any pic on that?

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 11:54   Link #2149
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/y...uct/bddvd.html
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/y...uct/goods.html

Sorry I can't upload the pics here guys.
Old 2011-01-25, 19:13   Link #2150
relentlessflame

*Administrator

But, I will say, if you want to order the version of vol. 4 with the plushie, you'd better act soon, as almost all the major retailers that ship internationally have already sold out of pre-orders. I managed to order my copy the other day through Sofmap and will have it forwarded... but yeah. Order soon if you were thinking about it.
Old 2011-01-27, 12:37   Link #2151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, Akira's sex scene got upgraded. No more still shots, it's actually animated now.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:34   Link #2152
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eh, Akira's sex scene got upgraded. No more still shots, it's actually animated now.
That's what I thought. Can't wait for Sora's arc BD.

EDIT: Saw the animated scene. Delicious.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2011-01-30 at 09:00.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 18:11   Link #2153
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wonder how long it'll take for someone to stream them? I don't think episode 5 got anything taken out.
Old 2011-01-29, 06:10   Link #2154
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Spoiler for Megami/Nyantype NSFW Scan:
Old 2011-01-29, 06:13   Link #2155
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Spoiler for No pics here but still very NFSW description:
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 06:20   Link #2156
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 12:55   Link #2157
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I don't believe Kameruka's "rumour" at all. I'd bet anything that'll be proven false on the fourth BD. The whole point of that scene was that Haru was fantasizing about it and had been fully enticed by Sora's charm. There was no actual "scene" in the classroom (which is obvious because they're in class).

And by the way, what are you talking about "much like in the VN"? There is no scene at school while class is in session. This sounds like another bout of stupidity from someone who looked at the CGs and think they know how the game went.

Please don't make stuff up.
Old 2011-01-29, 16:31   Link #2158
Slayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't believe Kameruka's "rumour" at all. I'd bet anything that'll be proven false on the fourth BD. The whole point of that scene was that Haru was fantasizing about it and had been fully enticed by Sora's charm. There was no actual "scene" in the classroom (which is obvious because they're in class).

And by the way, what are you talking about "much like in the VN"? There is no scene at school while class is in session. This sounds like another bout of stupidity from someone who looked at the CGs and think they know how the game went.

Please don't make stuff up.
What he said

Only people who actually played the eroge (I'm one of them) would know that never happened in the game... heck it's obvious that was Haru's imagination at work (they will have a hard time trying to give a plausible explanation on how she might stay hidden from people under Haru's desk... during class no less
Slayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 18:28   Link #2159
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
i thought it was real in anime version!

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 00:05   Link #2160
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Are they are getting the wrong impression from a one second flash of an image from the second ending again.

Spoiler for NSFW image in question:
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation