AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-01, 14:31   Link #121
Rasty

Urgh. What have I just watched? Seika had about a hundred ways to try solving the problems and chose the only absolutely terrible one.

For example, he could: Protect her with his shikigami, etc., and wait for the princess/principal to solve the things, and might as well ask his father to help too. He could even let her get assassinated and either feign her dying or even resurrect her after and then create a new identity for her.

Even if he wanted to go by force, he could either kill all eyewitnesses or, for the love of god, at least wear a mask and cloak.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-01, 15:12   Link #122
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

That was a more interesting finale than I expected... and I suppose that ends the school arc. Not the greatest series but I enjoyed the ending more than expected, ended up a solid 6/10 overall.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-01, 15:22   Link #123
Marina2

Ep.13

I don't really blame Seika for not trusting anyone and prefer to do everything in his own way. Similar thing has happened to him in the past. It's understandable that he is mad and just went with his favorite method : Force.

Fiona seems to know in advance (?) that Seika would refuse her , considering she has prepared a way for Seika and Ayumu to escape.

Overall, this is pretty interesting isekai anime. I like Seika as character (but not as person)
Old 2023-04-01, 15:48   Link #124
grecefar

It's hard to trust politics and wait for them to help amyu. I don't think fiona has the power to save amyu to be honest. He wanted reassurance that amyu was going to be ok not just "I'm going to do everyhing I can to help her."

I guess that's why fiona easily let them go because she can't guarantee that she will save amyu.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-01, 17:58   Link #125
Alchemist007
*Author

It's fine that he doesn't trust others, especially if he has the ability to do it himself, it's just his character. But he doesn't trust the priestess and gets into the carriage she readied anyways; doesn't follow logic. I'm guessing they're not expecting a second season which is why they showed the group reuniting at the end instead of just cutting off at the carriage going into the woods.

It's too bad the priestess couldn't think of another way to gain his trust, just giving her a blanket in the dungeon isn't enough. Should have warned Seika before the arrest happened, like someone else mentioned just fake her death or something.

I did appreciate the ruthless MC, seems we got at least a couple this season.

7/10.
Old 2023-04-01, 18:02   Link #126
magnuskn

Yeah, this episode did not change my view of the show at all, especially of Seika, the overbearing sociopathic git. Fuck that guy. 2/10, again.
Old 2023-04-02, 05:35   Link #127
Lex79

It's understandable that Seika wasn't willing to trust politics to save Amyu given what he happened to himself in his previous life. It's a bit harder to justify why he didn't even try a more stealth approach, not even preventing the guards from raising alarms....I guess when he said that he just have to kill all witnesses he was serious.
People are afraid that the mere existence of an hero and a demon lord can bring war...the fact that the current ones are friends (and even ore, the hero is part of the demon lord's harem) should solve all problems, but if course things aren't going to be so easy and I suspect there will be more assassination attempts in the next seasons (that we'll probably never see animated, though).
Regarding the future development of Seika, the show could have easily made him a villain in this episode, but he parted amicably with Fiona, resurrected the soldiers and the narration confirmed he will be a good guy. Speaking of good guys, Fiona herself could have prevented the death of so many soldiers, and she even was disappointed when they were brought back to life...
In the end, it was a nice watch.
Old 2023-04-02, 06:53   Link #128
larethian

I was watching this with a somewhat indifferent feel, but last episode was actually good in that it answered a few doubts I had about Seika's characterization and direction of the story. One of the main doubts I still have unanswered is with regards to Fiona's future sight. It feels like she couldn't foresee everything judging by her reactions.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-02, 16:07   Link #129
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I was watching this with a somewhat indifferent feel, but last episode was actually good in that it answered a few doubts I had about Seika's characterization and direction of the story. One of the main doubts I still have unanswered is with regards to Fiona's future sight. It feels like she couldn't foresee everything judging by her reactions.
Your reaction is typical in other forum, although it is unusual in this forum. The reaction from other forum thought the show was boring, but it wasn't in this episode. Fiona can foresee what Seika would do if Amu is killed. After Seika resurrects the dead soldiers, Fiona is startled, because Seika's action is not in any of her forecasted scenario. Seika is putting himself under the spotlight. It is harder for his potential enemies not to notice him.

I have a theory of Seika's cold treatment to his supposedly "harem". It is due to his unpleasant memory from his past life.

Spoiler:

Yuki: The fox demon who is Seika's voice of reason. She knows Seika is competitive and hates to lose. She advised Seika not to save Maybell's brother. Doing so would puts Seika into the spotlight. When Seika refuses to listen to Yuki's advice, Yuki knows it is useless to change his mind. Seika determines to save Amu regardless of any consequence.

Efa: The maid owned by Seika's family. Guran tries to use Efa to satisfy his urge. After learning it, Seika intervenes and demands to be his only, so to speak. It creates unequal relationship between the two. Seika wants to protect Efa in a negative mean. He justifies that it will allow time for Efa to be independent, so she will not be controlling by anyone else. Seika convinces himself as his regret not able to saving his students. Prince Cecilio and his subordinates has failed attempt to enslave Efa with magic. Efa is probably too scare to tell Seika. Seika can probably break the spell. If he knows, he is most likely to lose his cool and slaugher them. When Seika learns about prince Cecilio's personality, he looks down on Cecilio and claims he will not Efa to be with Cecilio. It is sas Seika is raising a daughter and wishes the best for her.

Amu: Seika finds out she the yuusha who is destined to kill maou. Seika gets close to her, figuring he can cover under her. Since Seika has tendency attract too much attention, having someone who is destined to be famous will cover his track. His feeling toward Amu has changed. Yuki figures Amu reminds Seika about his former disciple who betrays him. To save Amu, Seika breaks his own promise to stay low. Fiona notes that Seika is too protective toward Amu. So, Amu fails to level up and lives up to her potential. On the other hand, Amu is probably dead without Seika's protection.

Maybell: The baron and merchants who raises her expects to dispose her. It is also a way to fool others that the yuusha is dead. Seika decides to save her.

Fiona: She is born admist of scandal. She saves herself by using some political maneuver. Under her supervision, Guran becomes a responsible solider. Guran manages to neutralize Seika's attack. However, Fiona does not see Guran and her shadow guard capable to stop Seika. Yuki notes that Fiona has similar temperament as Seika's wife from his previous life. Seika doesn't seem to like Foina that much. Fiona's decision may not have the best interest for Amu. He feels like been manipulated by Fiona, especially she has knowledge to the future. After Fiona fails to convince Seika, she has to think a new way to avoid disaster she has foreseen.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-04-02 at 16:56.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-02, 19:17   Link #130
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
It's understandable that Seika wasn't willing to trust politics to save Amyu given what he happened to himself in his previous life. It's a bit harder to justify why he didn't even try a more stealth approach, not even preventing the guards from raising alarms....I guess when he said that he just have to kill all witnesses he was serious.
I think he definitely wanted to make a statement past a point considering Amyu's life was always going to be in jeopardy.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-03, 13:04   Link #131
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I think he definitely wanted to make a statement past a point considering Amyu's life was always going to be in jeopardy.
The problem is that he seems to have learned nothing from his past life. He let the people in charge alone because he did not think they could do anything to him but they could do something to the people around him which lead to his death.

So what should he learn? Start at the top(he has a mind reading summon so make use of it) and make sure that the people who replace your examples understand that they will be held responsible for any funny business that goes on from then on. And use something to hide your identity while you are doing it to at least give yourself some plausible deniability. And kill the princess first just on general principles.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-04, 03:17   Link #132
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It's fine that he doesn't trust others, especially if he has the ability to do it himself, it's just his character. But he doesn't trust the priestess and gets into the carriage she readied anyways; doesn't follow logic. I'm guessing they're not expecting a second season which is why they showed the group reuniting at the end instead of just cutting off at the carriage going into the woods.

7/10.
I don't think there is any contradiction. Even princess aranged ambush, it wouldn't stand chance because Seika is there. In other hand leaving Amu in prison he is not there to protect her.
Old 2023-04-07, 11:25   Link #133
Strahan

Doing a frontal assault on the castle was kinda stupid. With his power, he could have easily slipped in and grabbed her then away with nobody the wiser. I also wouldn't want to take the carriage either; I'd reject any charity from a representative of the people who want to kill my friend. I'd just summon the dragon to come back and give us a ride back. I'd also make it abundantly clear that if the empire makes another attempt on her life, I'd come back and just blow the whole castle off the map
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 08:30   Link #134
tsunade666

I finally managed to watched the last episode. They really did great here. As someone who has read manga and novel, I'm not much in the a hurry to watched it. Plus, I didn't like the arc with Efa. I feel his really dumb/dense there by pushing efa but I can also understand that he only sees her as his student. He can't think pass beyond that and what he wants is the best for this student (marrying a prince) but it's forceful and to others, it's clear that efa likes him which made me really didn't like that arc. The later arc when princess was introduced was one of my favorite arc.

Just to clear something, the one who betray seika in his pass life are the people in power or the people around him and not his disciples. His disciples was kidnapped and used hostage to force one of his student to attack him and they used his students to prevent dom from retaliating. The moment thd government got his disciples without him knowing, his been checkmate.
He has anger and hurt feelings that he buried in deep logic and will.

Princess is also interesting character. Her future sight, give scenarios that she's sees as possible future. What she sees isn't just one but lots of possible futures and what she's doing in the present is the make her chosen future to happen. But the problem with sekai or just the nature of things that one small move changes things. Since Fiona is young. She already stimulated to meet seika. She knows him through her countless visions but it only stay as visions. Mc still do things outside of the plan.

The assault in the castle is impulsive and brash but his just angry and he lashed out but princess anticipated it has which is why she prepares a coach. But that is only of the possible future that she sees. MC just agrees with her just to show that his starting to trust her a bit. he really hates politician and the princess is a good politician.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2023-04-11 at 22:30.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote