Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 12:09   Link #101
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
A new trilogy...

If anything, I at least hope to see Unicron...maybe.
The voice will have to be perfect or I wont like it
Old 2013-10-17, 10:32   Link #102
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

TF4 director assaulted in Hong Kong.

Quote:
HONG KONG (Reuters) - American director and producer Michael Bay was injured on Thursday in an attack in Hong Kong during filming for his latest Transformers movie.

Two brothers surnamed Mak, aged 27 and 28, approached Bay on the set during filming for the American science fiction film and the younger brother demanded payment of HK$100,000 ($12,900), a police spokeswoman told Reuters.

It was not immediately clear why the money was requested.

As a discussion ensued in a busy area of Hong Kong island, the elder Mak walked up and assaulted the director, the spokeswoman said. The elder brother then attacked three police officers who tried to intervene, she added.

The younger brother was arrested on suspicion of blackmail and assault, while the elder Mak was also arrested on suspicion of assault, she said.

Bay sustained injuries to the right side of his face, although he declined to seek treatment, the spokeswoman said, adding she did not believe his injuries were serious.

Filming continued after the dispute.

Bay was not available for comment. When Reuters visited the scene after the assault, the film crew and others working on the set declined to comment.

The three police officers were treated in hospital for minor injuries, while the younger Mak asked to be taken for treatment, saying he did not feel well.

Also arrested at the scene was a third man surnamed Chan.

All three are in custody and police are investigating.
What I hear through the grapevine, though, is that the altercation was caused by Bay shutting down a street for a scene, thereby angering some of the shop owners, who then (forcefully) demanded compensation for their business' losses. But, well, who knows...

BTW, there are pictures of the new TF toys being spread around. I don't think I like what I see
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-10-17 at 10:44.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 12:12   Link #103
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It could be Rodimus Prime instead of Optimus Prime.
Old 2013-10-17, 12:19   Link #104
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

So much for Hong Kong luring bad press for future filming. That's exactly the kind of incident that could echo negatively in the whole of Hollywood when it comes of choosing filming locations.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 23:46   Link #105
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
So much for Hong Kong luring bad press for future filming. That's exactly the kind of incident that could echo negatively in the whole of Hollywood when it comes of choosing filming locations.
Apparently there's more to the picture than the article is giving.

But in any case this would hardly register as a bad omen anyways.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 19:35   Link #106
Galaxian

First teaser...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 20:15   Link #107
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

O_O

...Erm. Whoa. So that's what Bay's dinobots look like... They kinda look more like dragons than dinosaurs, though.

For some reason the CGI feels incomplete...it doesn't look as crisp and realistic as it was in DotM; did Bay force ILM to do a rush job or what? They're usually much better than this.

The buildings in this shot are particularly fake-looking.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-02-02 at 20:28.
Old 2014-02-02, 23:04   Link #108
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
For some reason the CGI feels incomplete...it doesn't look as crisp and realistic as it was in DotM; did Bay force ILM to do a rush job or what? They're usually much better than this.
Popular theory is that the CGI rendering takes so long, that the film would still be under post processing days before it is to be released. The thing with CGI is that it has become the most time consuming part of the filmmaking these days. If it takes a month to do, it takes a month, and you can't shorten it.
Old 2014-02-03, 05:38   Link #109
HasuMasu
*Artist

'Tis not surprising. I thought Smaug looked really different in the movie I just saw compared to the trailer I saw last year.
Old 2014-02-03, 08:59   Link #110
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
O_O

...Erm. Whoa. So that's what Bay's dinobots look like... They kinda look more like dragons than dinosaurs, though.

It is a theory that the Dinobots are the Prime Beast Hunters Predacons. Ancient Transformers that were the basis for Earth's mythological dragons.

Michael Bay didn't want Dinobots but had no choice as the IP holder Hasbro wants robot lizards for their toys and games.

Fall of Cybertron, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters and now even Rescue Bots have robot lizards.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 10:07   Link #111
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Popular theory is that the CGI rendering takes so long, that the film would still be under post processing days before it is to be released. The thing with CGI is that it has become the most time consuming part of the filmmaking these days. If it takes a month to do, it takes a month, and you can't shorten it.
I'm already aware of that (I think Bay even complained about it for RotF), but one would think they'd prioritize the so-called "money shots" and scenes that'd be included in trailers and sneak peeks, even if it means there could be later rectifications within the final product (remember the first teaser trailer for DotM when the camera zooms in on Sentinel Prime as he lays semi-inactive in the Ark's crash vault? His paint scheme was orange, but in the movie -the final cut- it was changed to firetruck red) because the director or artists had last-minute changes of heart.

My point is that several of the CGIs (Optimus' face, the drag-chute scene, the face-gun transformation or when that bot skids to a kneeling position and cleaves a car asunder) feel unfinished, as if the ILM folks had forgotten about ray tracing, extra textures, weathering, etc. Many of the surfaces felt dull, plastic-y...whereas the previous three movies featured an orgy of reflective metallic parts (well, duh - most of the cars used as bodies by the Autobots were luxury models and had glossy exteriors) that actually did give you the feeling the robot was actually there on the premises.

The CGI quality was more consistent with that of a pitch/conceptual trailer rather than an actual teaser/theatrical trailer's. It's just a bit surprising, that's all.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-02-03 at 10:21.
Old 2014-02-03, 20:08   Link #112
Frontier

So I guess the antagonists for the movie are the remnants of the Decepticons? I could see some of their ships from DOTM in the teaser. It's weird that, with all this talk about the Dinobots, the humans, and some of the Autobots, that nothing has been really said about the Cons.

Wow... Grimlock is big .

I'm with ReddyRedWolf that the Dinobots are going to be explained away as basically the movie-verse Predacons. And with that in mind, I have my doubts that Grimlock will get the chance to talk or Transform in the movie, and just be a giant dinosaur Prime rides .
Old 2014-02-03, 21:40   Link #113
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm with ReddyRedWolf that the Dinobots are going to be explained away as basically the movie-verse Predacons. And with that in mind, I have my doubts that Grimlock will get the chance to talk or Transform in the movie, and just be a giant dinosaur Prime rides .
Grimlock does have a robot mode as hinted with a T-shirt print. Dinobots have a common humanoid shape.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There are 5 Dinobots in the film.
Old 2014-02-03, 21:55   Link #114
Skane
Anime Snark

Can they merge to form Extinction?

Old 2014-02-04, 05:12   Link #115
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Grimlock does have a robot mode as hinted with a T-shirt print. Dinobots have a common humanoid shape.
Images

There are 5 Dinobots in the film.
uh, i thought the T-shirt image one was Grimlock's robot mode, not Paulie/Strafe/Swoop, cuz he appears to have a split in half T-Rex head kibbles forming his shoulders & does not appear to have cybertronian aerodactly folded up wing kibble somewhere, the team may share the same the single horn head though?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Can they merge to form Extinction?

i think you mean Beast (G1), a.k.a. i just glued my Dinobot team toys together with super glue & pass it off as gastalt mode.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 05:38   Link #116
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
uh, i thought the T-shirt image one was Grimlock's robot mode,
It is. Just a comparison of robot modes.
Old 2014-02-05, 12:10   Link #117
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
TF4 director assaulted in Hong Kong.

What I hear through the grapevine, though, is that the altercation was caused by Bay shutting down a street for a scene, thereby angering some of the shop owners, who then (forcefully) demanded compensation for their business' losses. But, well, who knows...

BTW, there are pictures of the new TF toys being spread around. I don't think I like what I see
Spoiler:
Way to represent guys. XD
Old 2014-02-07, 12:11   Link #118
ReddyRedWolf

Images

Trust doesn't rust.
Old 2014-02-08, 04:03   Link #119
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Is it just me or does that bottom picture show Optimus Prime's Peterbilt 379-based body? I seem to recognize the large cylindrical shoulder joints that were used in the three previous movies.

If so, it could mean that somewhere mid-through the movie the Autobots get cosmetic upgrades (just like how Bumblebee upgraded himself to a Camaro after he was made aware that he was a 'crappy' car). Seeing that he has all limbs on in that picture, this also means Optimus had his old arm grafted back on at the end of DotM.
Old 2014-02-19, 01:07   Link #120
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
HUGE SPOILERS at the end of the article so be warned.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trans...inobots-2014-2

In any case we got

Grimlock - T-Rex
Slag - Triceratops
Strafe - pterodactyl

Scorn and Slash seem to be new dinobots so sludge and Snarl may not be in the movie.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote